PDA

View Full Version : Just hit Force Level 10, and now I'm lost...

Kanore
Oct 31, 2006, 08:55 PM
... as to what I should do next.

I just tried two De Ragan runs as a Hunter using a sword and saber, and they were fun and all, but I missed the joy of healing.
Thing is, if I go Force, I'm wasting ALL of those completed mission points on absolutely nothing.

My conundrum is this:
- I'd be Hunter Level 1. That's basically a NOTHING as a level 30. Even though I could party with people I'm with, what happens if I can't find anyone to party with and need to level?
- I don't know if I'd be able to pick it up at level 50. You think I could? Wouldn't I be weak?
- However, if I -do- go Hunter at this rate, I wouldn't be able to level my Force PAs, which are the most important things that my character has:

Foie 17
Barta 8
Rabarta 15
Zonde 6 (don't use it anymore)
Resta 13
Reverser 3

So, should I go Hunter so I don't waste MP, or stay Force, my main class?

Saigan
Oct 31, 2006, 09:00 PM
Depends, did you want to go Wartecher or Fortetecher? If you go as the former, yeah- pick up Hunter for a while and just deal with it. If you are gonna go Fortetecher focus on maxing out your TECHNICS. How did you get so many mission points already? what the heck are you running? lol

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 31, 2006, 09:00 PM
Which expert class do you want to be? If fortecher, then there's no need to worry, because you only need Force level 10 for that.

Kanore
Oct 31, 2006, 09:01 PM
Can you explain to me what the expert classes are, especially the ones that focus around Force? PSUPedia is unbearably slow.

Also, De Ragan runs. I hate everything, absolutely EVERYTHING except De Ragan runs.

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 09:02 PM
I think you should put down the controller..... and breathe. Then go take a nice walk. Come back home, and maybe make a sandwich. maybe turn on the TV and watch some news or whatever your in to. Then go to sleep..... just take a break from PSU and the answer will come.

Kanore
Oct 31, 2006, 09:04 PM
On 2006-10-31 18:02, Ryoga4523 wrote:
I think you should put down the controller..... and breathe. Then go take a nice walk. Come back home, and maybe make a sandwich. maybe turn on the TV and watch some news or whatever your in to. Then go to sleep..... just take a break from PSU and the answer will come.

Oh please, I'm only level 30 while there are level 40+s running around. I actually feel very very behind on leveling.

Natrokos
Oct 31, 2006, 09:04 PM
^ If you get S rank alot you can do it. I am 5force 3hunter (almost 6 force) and i'm 26......

If I were you i'd experiment with hunter, at the rate you're levelling you can always go back in a week or so if you aren't comfortable with it.

rythmic
Oct 31, 2006, 09:10 PM
You finally got that force 10 eh kanore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It is me kintia btw.

Go ahead and be hunter 1, You still have the stats of a level 30 character and thus, You won't end up all that weak really. It wasn't so bad when I made the switch to force. I already had the stats to even it up quite a bit and plenty of money to make sure I had plenty of gear to go along with it.

Go ahead and switch to hunter. You won't end up a burden in the group.

Kanore
Oct 31, 2006, 09:18 PM
I finally loaded up the 'Expert Types' page on PSUPedia. I only need HU level 3 for Wartecher anyway, O_o. Doubt I'm going that though.

Anyway, I guess I could experiment... seems like I'll have all the time in the world to max out my TECHNICs :

Randomness
Oct 31, 2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah... Overlord B runs give boatloads of mission points for S rank...

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 09:20 PM
... or make some sandwiches http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 31, 2006, 10:31 PM
Go for Hunter or Ranger, get Lv 5 or higher in Ranger and Hunter, then you'll be able to get access to Fortecher, Guntecher, Wartecher, and Protranser. =]

Xx3of19xX
Nov 1, 2006, 07:02 AM
You're a level 10 Force and don't even HAVE Diga? Seems like you've got your work cut out for you right there.

Kanore
Nov 1, 2006, 07:46 AM
On 2006-11-01 04:02, Xx3of19xX wrote:
You're a level 10 Force and don't even HAVE Diga? Seems like you've got your work cut out for you right there.

Everyone has Diga. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tahldon
Nov 1, 2006, 08:18 AM
On 2006-11-01 04:02, Xx3of19xX wrote:

I agree here. You'll come to learn that Diga can become your bread and butter in a boss fight. Mine is level 19 . I only use it when I want to put big damage on everything. It hurts lots of elements, believe it or not.

You might want to consider getting it.. It's slow and flies in an arch, but once you get the hang of throwing it, it'll be one of the ones you use most.

Meru
Nov 12, 2006, 10:16 PM
The arch dont matter it hits anyhting it flies near enough to strinke even if its high above the taget

Deja
Nov 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
When I reached lvl 10 on hunter, I tried ranger. I wasted so much meseta and time gathering weapons and guns just to be dissapointed. Then I went back to hunter and bought new weapons and leveled new PAs. I don't really regret trying Ranger, I just wish I didn't buy all these guns.

It's fine to want to go back. Force techs are hard enough to level, and ignoring it while leveling a hunter will make it worse. I say go back to force and spam more techs, level them up, and be happy. You get money from quests anyways, that's enough.

Ether
Nov 12, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-11-12 19:16, Meru wrote:
The arch dont matter it hits anyhting it flies near enough to strinke even if its high above the taget

Tell that to the 500 polty that have walked underneath my diga

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 12, 2006, 11:27 PM
lvl 31 and I have radiga 13, diga 19, rabarta 10, barta 9, foi 15, rafoi 11, resta 11, reverser 8, zonde 1, razonde 9....

I have been soloing Sleeping C about 100 times over to lvl my ice/fire techs.... barta is a MFer to lvl and I will not do it again for zonde since its even worse, the RA spells are hard too Radiga lvls up on its own since you use it alot but Rabarta was lvl 1 when Radiga was lvl 11..... Razonde can get its lvls in temple runs on neudaze.

I just hit force lvl 6 in job class so wow yeah your 4 above me and 1 lvl lower, guess its from all the solo C missions that I have a greater amount of xp and less jop points.

the Gi spells are going to be even worse than the Ra spells to level they cost 2x more PP and hit 2x more targets wichs means they lvl 2x slower... have fun guys!!! (I might not even use them 2x PP cost for 2x targets at 1/2 dmg)

lokijam
Nov 12, 2006, 11:37 PM
you can always make another character, dats what i did

Skyly
Nov 13, 2006, 01:32 AM
I'm a lvl 38 force and my job skill is maxxed.
I have:
Foie:20
Diga:20
Rabarta:16
Radiga:17
Resta:11

So i just went and made a beast hunter. he's lvl 18 right now and i cant wait to use that beast mode.

just make a new character.

DarkSeph
Nov 13, 2006, 01:36 AM
Here is what your going to do Kanore, if it is available yet that is... Go see if you can change your class to ForteTecher (need level 10 Force to get that) And then you will level that up while gaining access to Several S Rank Weapons later on that are Awesome!!! While still being able to use some Hunter type weapons, the Saber, Spear, Handgun, Longbow, etc.... That is what i'm gonna do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif