PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting a ranger, advice?

HolyWizard
Oct 31, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm thinking of beginning a ranger. I was thinking I would have a rifle for long-range and ATP, twin handguns for closer range where I can just strafe and shoot the entire mob to weaken them, and use a hangun/saber combo for continued strafe-shooting + melee. Maybe I would buy a mechgun to unload on bosses? Does this seem like a decent strategy?

Also, a question about PAs. I know I could "junction" magic to multiple rods or canes, can I do the same with bullets?

Rangers just seem like a fun class to play so I want to give them a fair shot.

Itsuki
Nov 1, 2006, 06:48 PM
mechguns don't deal damage, especially to bosses.

But thats pretty sound. Keep in mind your job as a ranger is not damage, and never will be damage.

Read the ranger thread in the guides section for more information on how to build proprely. My only advice would be to not look at your damage too much.

Maxurion
Nov 1, 2006, 06:49 PM
And you can only have one element bullet assigned to each weapon at once...

Saito S
Nov 1, 2006, 07:12 PM
If I understood your question correctly, HolyWizard, you were asking if you can link the same Bullet to multiple weapons, correct? If that IS what you meant, you can as far as I know. I haven't messed around with Ranger weaps yet, but you can with Hunter Skills and Force Techs so I don't see why not.

If however you DID mean to ask if you can use multiple bullets on the same weapon, then the answer is no (as Maxurion already said).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif