PDA

View Full Version : Protranser question...

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 09:36 PM
I was looking and you have to have a job level of 5 in H,R,and F... but you are not allowed to use any techs. So why would ST make you have a job level in a class where you cannot benefit it in the class that has it as a prerequisite?

UltimateCarl
Oct 31, 2006, 09:49 PM
Strange, yes, I know, but there you go. Protransers have "balanced" stats, which could be one reason. They're also a fairly difficult class to play properly from what I understand, so they could be making sure you're skilled enough. Also Protransers seem to be a bit of a part support class, so it would be nice to have them fully understand each class's role.

Also, it's not like levels in your previous jobs benefit your current jobs in any way. As in, say the Protranser requirement was 5 RA and 5 HU, but no FO. It'd still have the exact same stats as it does now, you'd just get there quicker.

Bottom line: Who knows? SEGA isn't exactly famous for, y'know, making sense. Ah well, I prefer it that way, since I plan on playing a Protranser. They were already unpopular, but the high requirements will hopefully scare even MORE players off! XD

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 09:58 PM
I want to be a protranser, but I do not want the protranser only traps to suck. I dont expect them to completely demolish a whole crowd the same level as me, but I am expecting a lot since they do not have any S rank weps.

UltimateCarl
Oct 31, 2006, 10:01 PM
In another post we established that it seems that their traps do considerable damage but won't wipe out an entire group. They have a lot of multi-hit weapons, though, and can level them to 30. A maxed out Shotgun has considerable spread. It would seem reasonable to fire into a group to freeze/slow/stun/etc them, drop a trap to soften them up, then finish them off with a final blast or two.

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 10:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^ I think that I have figured out what class I want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
Nov 1, 2006, 06:50 PM
The force 5 is probably to further the work you need to do to make a decent protranser.

You have to keep in mind that protransers suck hard until they're extremely high level. Like leveling to the cap and keeping on leveling before you're even half decent. The force 5 is probably just to compound this.

BluCast20xx
Nov 1, 2006, 06:55 PM
this is a class that i plan to do. As far as the Force requirements, theyll be the easiest to get cuz lots of parties need healers.

If you plan to become a protranser, Learn Resta and equip longbows and guns, and join parties to leech exp and whatnot.

Jools
Nov 1, 2006, 08:26 PM
I've been playing Jp version these last two months and Protransers appear to suck. In all my many hours on PSU I have never, ever met a Protranser.

-Jools

Itsuki
Nov 1, 2006, 09:23 PM
they don't suck, they just require an extraordinary amount of work to not suck.

You have to remember, when they first change over to protranser, they're basically a Hunter/ranger hybrid that has LESS HP, ATP, ATA, and DEF than a force. Also, you have this huge array of weapons that you could use IF YOU HAD THE STATS TO EQUIP THEM. You're basically stuck using 5 star weapons until you're like protranser level 5, which takes weeks for an average player.

Ryoga4523
Nov 1, 2006, 09:26 PM
I might do Guntecher... Cause I basically want to use guns and heal/buff/nuke stuff