PDA

View Full Version : The Name Game

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 1, 2006, 06:06 AM
Wow been a long time since I have been here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (PSO:BB Days)

Life got in the way and with the time passed I totally forgot this game was comming out, but the other day on another forum I saw sombody mention it and I had to check it out right away!

So I am reading into the site to see what its all about, seems alot has changed. I know I will like it but not sure how much. Also looks like almost all my knowledge from PSO will be usless as everything is diffrent now.

One thing I need to clear up is the new naming system. I am used to things like Humar, Fomar, Hucast, Hunewearl, ect ect.

But I was looking at some of the guides here and am being fed things like guntecker, XXXX, YYYY (not sure of all the names) and I have no idea what that is or how to interpret it (I guess gun tecker would be like a ranger (thus the gun) and tecker is a magic user maybe a newman?

Anyways if you guys can point me to a link for all the names, or just list them off to me and let me know what they all mean it will make my life alot easier.

Thanks for the help,

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 06:16 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Images/jobtreewg9.png

That is the full list right there.

gimbola
Nov 1, 2006, 06:18 AM
hmmm so basically you can use two different playing styles or go all out on 1

i really am looking forward to this now =)

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 06:22 AM
On 2006-11-01 03:18, gimbola wrote:
hmmm so basically you can use two different playing styles or go all out on 1

i really am looking forward to this now =)

Yes. There are three classes and you can switch from them. Force, Hunter, Ranger. It cost to switch (depending on your level), but leveling in the right places such as on that chart makes you grow to your expert class.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 1, 2006, 06:49 AM
oh wow its way diffrent than I thought, you dont seal your fate to a certian class but instead the classes are more like "jobs" as we from final fantasy would know them.

From the looks of that chart you even have hybrid classes.

Even tho you can change classes I bet it would take a long time to "master" each branch and your race will have alot to do with how good you are at each job due to its native stats.

This also means needing diffrent sets of weapons/armor for the same char now if you plan to do more than one job... wich means I hope they gave us more than a 200 item bank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif because I filled that up easy with just 1 job type in the old PSO's

Also this brings up a question:

Say (in theory) a pure force job can use lvl 30 tech's like the old game, and a hybrid can use lvl 20 techs. I go pure force and get a lvl 25 tech, then swich to a hybrid will I be at the max level (20) or have to raise that skill all over again for each job?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-01 03:52 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 1, 2006, 07:17 AM
Since expert classes arent out in the US right now, I don't think anybody knows the answer to that.

As for storage, I havent hit a limit so far.