PDA

View Full Version : Not very many people on 360 servers. . . should all be linke

Zabot
Nov 1, 2006, 08:38 AM
Ive noticed that not that many people are on the 360 servers. if you filled them up in order, maybe they would fill to universe 5 or 6, so why not then, link the PS2 and PC servers with it? I havent seen what the universes on the PS2 and PC look like but, there arent that many people on so why not link them. and i understand that we have more to come but, we have 30 servers. so i think that it wouold be alright for a while. if need be add like 5 or 10 new universes.

what do you think, should the servers be linked?

Peace

Xx3of19xX
Nov 1, 2006, 08:49 AM
The servers can't be linked anyway, this is a pointless poll.
Besides, the game isn't even out in Europe or Japan yet, once released there, we'll get another influx of players.

Mystil
Nov 1, 2006, 08:50 AM
Japan already has PSU Xx3. Not europe. And personally I think it's a good idea. Why seperate the xbox players? Have us all together.

Jaylix
Nov 1, 2006, 08:51 AM
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever link them. Ever.

I like it just the way it is, I have never had a problem getting in a party and play the night away. As for you thinking the servers are underpopulated, just wait for x-mas.

Zabot
Nov 1, 2006, 08:55 AM
On 2006-11-01 05:49, Xx3of19xX wrote:
The servers can't be linked anyway, this is a pointless poll.
Besides, the game isn't even out in Europe or Japan yet, once released there, we'll get another influx of players.

Ya know what, im sick of everytime i try to say somethin, some asshole comes out and establishes what i already have. i said i know more people were going to come. and on top of that you fucking douche, they can be linked, they go out with the 360 server, and link it with an update to the new address with the PS2 PC servers.

Im officially done with this forum, i am sick of the people on this, its nothing agaist everyone. a lot of the people are good, Saner is cool (although she/he acts like you never exist and is totally exclusive) people like the Admins are cool too, i apreciate your help. im just done with all the moronic people.

a thought for the admins. make it so that the person who made the topic can delete posts, so like off topic posts in this one i can just delete, not edit but delete.

Well i hope this place gets better, and more people pay attention and become more open minded instead of always thinking that they are right.

but anyway,.

Peace Guys, and bye, ill probably visit but im not posting anymore. C ya

Thrash777
Nov 1, 2006, 08:56 AM
It would be nice if they linked them, but that requires a lot of time, effort, money and coding! Which is why they aren't linked...

Mystil
Nov 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
On 2006-11-01 05:55, Zabot wrote:

Well i hope this place gets better, and more people pay attention and become more open minded instead of always thinking that they are right.

ah man don't be like that. Get back in here. PSOW had has been like that since..04 lol. Just gotta ignore some people that's all.

McLaughlin
Nov 1, 2006, 09:11 AM
I think you're on crack, because every night when I get on the first 3 servers are full, and the next few have 2-4 stars.

And the game is out for PS2 and PC in japan. Xbox 360 version launched here in North America, so neither the JP or the Europeans have it yet.

parabolee
Nov 1, 2006, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty much 100% converted on this issue. I was a strong supporter of linking the servers pre-release. I emailed Sega a bunch of times and even proposed a seperate Universe's for Voice chat only and keyboard only.

But now I have played it for 40 hours I can say that I would rather stick with the people who all have voice chat. Plus I think there are plenty of people on the servers, the first 4 Universe's are alwasy full anway and that's more than enough, I usually play on the higher Univerese's because we already have a full party to play with. But when me friends aren't online I can always goto one of the lower ones and join a new party.

Linking us with people who don't have voice chat just creates too many problems unless they give us voice only Universe's, and if they did that then most of us would play there anyway (I know I would).

Zabot
Nov 1, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-11-01 06:21, parabolee wrote:
I'm pretty much 100% converted on this issue. I was a strong supporter of linking the servers pre-release. I emailed Sega a bunch of times and even proposed a seperate Universe's for Voice chat only and keyboard only.

But now I have played it for 40 hours I can say that I would rather stick with the people who all have voice chat. Plus I think there are plenty of people on the servers, the first 4 Universe's are alwasy full anway and that's more than enough, I usually play on the higher Univerese's because we already have a full party to play with. But when me friends aren't online I can always goto one of the lower ones and join a new party.

Linking us with people who don't have voice chat just creates too many problems unless they give us voice only Universe's, and if they did that then most of us would play there anyway (I know I would).

A few things though.

1. with the voice chat bug, many have to use a keyboard anyway, and lots of people do anyway, myself included, its faster etc.

2. they could also make the PS2 chat compatible.

3. they have chat systems for the PC, and also, its faster to type when your already using a keyboard to play.

Peace guys

Edit: also, I'm going to still post, just got pissed earlier, sorry guys. thx Silhouette i appreciate it, you got me back in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ill just ignore topics like that. just gets really irritating.

Peace. . . Again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-11-01 07:17 ]</font>

Lorsavasus
Nov 1, 2006, 10:32 AM
Actually, I thought it was the PC/PS2 version that had the smaller population at the moment? Regardless, I'd love to have the servers linked. The more the merrier.

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 12:10 PM
The game just came out. Just chill and play. Wait till the others get it. I find the 360 population growing.

Shango
Nov 1, 2006, 12:14 PM
3. they have chat systems for the PC, and also, its faster to type when your already using a keyboard to play.

Did you just say it's faster to type than talk when you're already using a keyboard??

But now I have played it for 40 hours I can say that I would rather stick with the people who all have voice chat.

Agreed.. just wish they could fix the voice chat bugs

Lorsavasus
Nov 1, 2006, 12:17 PM
A mix of both really ain't a bad thing though, ya know.

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 12:22 PM
Eww the x box heat60 linked with teh PC/PS2!

*snaps disk*

I rather play Halo on atari before that happens.

FrogKicker
Nov 1, 2006, 12:25 PM
I am glad the servers will never be linked. They are fine the way they are. If you like the rustle and bustle...go to an overpopulated universe. If you want to chill...go to an empty one. I love the fact that everytime me and mah homies go to uni9 or 16 it is always empty. Not to mention you link them all and the economy will take a slight dip. More items = less meseta you make when selling something because more people are selling them. I like the fact we are an exclusive bunch, leave it the way it is.(Not like its ever going to happen anyways.)

As for it being faster with a keyboard...huh? To each their own I guess. All that does is add another thing I have to do. Switch from controller to keyboard to type, then back to controller to keep on truckin. I use the built in keyboard only when searching shops, I see no reason to use it to talk to people. If I wanted to talk to you, you would be in my party or in my room.

CrazySwayzee
Nov 1, 2006, 12:37 PM
It would be nice if they were linked, but it's also fine the way it is.

it's nice that the xboxs 360 servers aren't crammed full, but it would also be nice if I could play with friends on the PS2 or PC version.

Flunky
Nov 1, 2006, 12:37 PM
If I remember right, the reason the servers aren't linked isn't due to Sega's decision but Microsoft's. MS has certain standards for their 'live support', one of which includes voice chat. Since voice chat isn't standard on the PC/PS2 versions, MS wouldn't let 'em link.

I could be wrong, though. That's just what I heard.

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 12:45 PM
I actually find the servers have quite a bit of people on them. But you still have choices to go to Universes with hardly any people on them. A very nice setup because you have a full choice of where you want to go with this. You can go to Packed Universes, if you really want all those people, or go to the lesser ones if you want things a bit more intimate.

In a way, it's a lot like how PSO was.

Still, I'm definitely game for when the other 2 territories get a hold of this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-01 09:46 ]</font>

parabolee
Nov 1, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-11-01 07:15, Zabot wrote:

A few things though.

1. with the voice chat bug, many have to use a keyboard anyway, and lots of people do anyway, myself included, its faster etc.

2. they could also make the PS2 chat compatible.

A few replies though ;D

1. This issue will be fixed soon enough, and I havn't experienced it for the last two days at all. I have a keyboard and use it, but voice chat is better and faster (obviously).

2. Yes they could but they won't because if Sega/Sonic Team wanted to then they would have from the start, and even if they did a lot of people would not use it and we would have the same problem.

3. The chat systemns for the PC are useless unless everyone is using them, and since they never will we return to the same problem. no one wants to waste 10 minutes explaining Ventrillo every game.

No one that likes voice chat wants to be forced to play with a lot of peope that can't and/or won't use it. That si why I no longer have any interest playing on the PC/PS2 servers any more. That and I think that the PC is the most likely culprit for cheaters.

parabolee
Nov 1, 2006, 12:57 PM
On 2006-11-01 09:37, Flunky wrote:
If I remember right, the reason the servers aren't linked isn't due to Sega's decision but Microsoft's. MS has certain standards for their 'live support', one of which includes voice chat. Since voice chat isn't standard on the PC/PS2 versions, MS wouldn't let 'em link.

Pretty sure this is not true at all, when Sonic Team was asked they made it seem thatis was their choice.

Plus FFXI does not support voice chat and MS did not object to that (which is an MMO that connects PS2/PC and 360 on 1 server).

Callous
Nov 1, 2006, 01:01 PM
I'm glad they're not linked. I'm on PS2.

McLaughlin
Nov 1, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-11-01 09:37, Flunky wrote:

Unlikely. FFXI doesn't use Voice Chat. Actually, you only need Live to sign into the Play One Viewer, after that you could sign out of Live and still be online. FFXI doesn't really need Live at all, but PSU does.

Most likely, it's separate because it was kind of like "Oh, we should make more money by pitching this to Microsoft too!" and then developing servers around that console, because the PS2/PC servers had already been established/tested. They were, in all likelyhood, just too lazy to think of a way to get the 360 users onto the PC/PS2 servers in a fashion similar to FFXI's method.

cobfab
Nov 1, 2006, 01:21 PM
What's the point of having more people when you won't be able to play with all of them? There's enough players on both versions to get games going. But if you want my opinion, I think it's a bad idea to link them because both versions are hackable but PS2/PC is most likely easier to hack. It doesn't matter what we think now because it won't change a thing. Sega will not listen to us, never has in the past, and probably never will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobfab on 2006-11-01 10:23 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 01:27 PM
OMG I'm sick and tired of people blaming sega for every other thing that dosen't suit them. Everyone who has ever bought this game knew EXACLY what they wanted when they bought their version of the game. If anything Sega was GENEROUS enough to even consider making psu compatible with the 360. Sorry kids you can have your cake but ya can't eat it too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 10:28 ]</font>

ecchichuu
Nov 1, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-11-01 10:21, cobfab wrote:
There's enough players on both versions to get games going.

If only that were true. There's nobody to play with on Neu Daiz. I think I'm going to create a character called "LOVE NEU DAIZ" and run circles around the base of the dragon/relics area for a few hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ecchichuu on 2006-11-01 10:31 ]</font>

Gavin_King
Nov 1, 2006, 02:36 PM
I don't want them to be linked, cause more people wouldn't have mics. There's enough people to trade and group with, so that's enough with me.

After EU and Japan join us, there will be a little bit more people... and as more people by the 360 for the holidays, even more people will join. The community will grow.

Evolution
Nov 1, 2006, 02:51 PM
I play at very odd hours, usually around 1am to 8am during the morning, I think this is one of those time periods where many people arn't on, however when the EU and JP servers get linked to the US 360 servers I doubt this will be a problem.

I would like the ps2/pc servers to be connect simply because I have friends on those servers and it would be fun to play with em, but other than that Its not that big a deal for me.

FenixStryk
Nov 1, 2006, 03:00 PM
No. Way.
The 360 servers have enough people as is. We don't need any more mic-less nubcakes to spam with cut-in chat, not to mention hackers. If Sega shames me to play with people of this standard, I'd commit seppuku.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-01 12:01 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 1, 2006, 03:01 PM
On 2006-11-01 10:27, JaiBlue wrote:
If anything Sega was GENEROUS enough to even consider making psu compatible with the 360. Sorry kids you can have your cake but ya can't eat it too.

You make it sound like XBox 360 users are some kind of pity-deserving cripples. We should be HAPPY we're even invited outside of our overheated basements!

What confuses me is why the PS2 and PC versions are linked. It seems like they really crippled the PC version and then linked it with the PS2 version to not highlight this fact. Why link the upgradable PC crowd to the stuck-in-stone PS2 crowd? The Xbox and PC versions can both receive upgrades much more easily, so they really should be the ones paired.

This is compounded by the fact that the PS2 is about to be replaced by the PS3 this year.

I mean, imagine if an exploit for duping shows up on the PS2 tomorrow. They could easily stop the PC users from following through on that, but the PS2 users are much harder to fix.

Nuclearranger
Nov 1, 2006, 03:11 PM
Well that would be from server menus if you notice they could easly stop that just by editing the server menus to stop that. No patches would be required

Sorenia
Nov 1, 2006, 03:14 PM
Just out of curiosity why would you want more full servers? I could see wanting to find more parties to join but even on one full server I rarely have this problem. Am I missing something perhaps?

HyperShot-X-
Nov 1, 2006, 03:22 PM
...the game's been out for only a week and this? Ppl should go finish their offline story mode and make all 4 chars online and raise their PMs upto lvl20 at least, and then if u still got free time to kill, come again in a month or two later when all 30 universes are full on X360 PSU with new contents released.

Trinacepti
Nov 1, 2006, 03:25 PM
I think it'd be good then people could play with anyone.
And sure have voice only servers that'd be fine, but then you'd still be able to play on the non-voice ones to play with a friend who may have the PC version.

I mean I like the fact you can change the server you're on so you can play with many people and aren't stuck on one. The more chance to play with anyone the better.

cobfab
Nov 1, 2006, 03:26 PM
On 2006-11-01 10:31, ecchichuu wrote:

On 2006-11-01 10:21, cobfab wrote:
There's enough players on both versions to get games going.

If only that were true. There's nobody to play with on Neu Daiz. I think I'm going to create a character called "LOVE NEU DAIZ" and run circles around the base of the dragon/relics area for a few hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ecchichuu on 2006-11-01 10:31 ]</font>

That's because everyone hates those worms lol.

Probably if this game was released in the summer, more people would be online because people/kids don't have to worry about school and homework.

cobfab
Nov 1, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-11-01 12:25, Trinacepti wrote:
I think it'd be good then people could play with anyone.
And sure have voice only servers that'd be fine, but then you'd still be able to play on the non-voice ones to play with a friend who may have the PC version.

I mean I like the fact you can change the server you're on so you can play with many people and aren't stuck on one. The more chance to play with anyone the better.

You can play with anyone on both versions but you won't be able to play with them all. At the most you'll probably only play with 1-2000 players by the time you quit and for most of the time you probably don't give a **** about the people you play with just as long as you get exp, meseta and items.

MayLee
Nov 1, 2006, 03:54 PM
My brother thinks it is a bad idea because if it gets too over crowded, things tend to lag, horribly. I do like the iidea, have one universe or server..I don't know which for all and one for Xbox or something, you should be given the choice to play with other people. It would be kind of nice.

Zabot, don't be like that.=(