PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Ridiculous..

Aeina
Nov 1, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'm sure this has been talked about, but leave me alone.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Can we maybe get a bit of a rally going to talk Sega out of whatever it was that posessed them to make their chat filter on the Xbox360 version completely INSANE? It's completely ridiculous that I can't say the words "Help" "Money" or "Halo", but yet people can say "WTF" and I frequently see people somehow getting around it and scream spamming "F@!&ER" What is this nonsense?

And better yet, I'd love it if you could disable it all together, especially on the 360, they have their ESRB notice, and when it comes to voice chatting, they can't bleep that anyway, so why even bother with the type chatting? This is nuts..

Oh, my, gawd... You can't even say "Sega".. Sega has deemed themselves a curse word..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aeina on 2006-11-01 05:41 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 1, 2006, 08:42 AM
i like type chatting. it especially comes in handy with the messing up right now on the chatting system. also its a lot faster to look for items in shops, simple mail, etc.

Peace

Shango
Nov 1, 2006, 09:39 AM
There's a chat filter on the 360? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif One of my shortcuts is "Help please.."

Disastorm
Nov 1, 2006, 09:51 AM
wow why are all those words censored? they don't censor those on the pc version do they?

Lorsavasus
Nov 1, 2006, 10:12 AM
I'm with you in the "this filter is absolutely crazy" category. There is no logical reason for it to be there... though Sega does a lot of things that wouldn't be deemed 'logical' to the normal person.

parabolee
Nov 1, 2006, 10:29 AM
I agree 100%, I even submitted this question to Sonic Team here -

http://forum.oxm.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=16696&highlight=phantasy+star+universe

And for the record, not only is it ridiculous, but you can't even say the word "ridiculous"!!!

Lorsavasus
Nov 1, 2006, 10:37 AM
lmao.... bitter irony...

It seems like Sega just has their minds made up over various subjects pertaining to PSO/U. I mean, we've all been boiling over with ideas, improvements, and suggestions for YEARS, and Sega still won't talk.

My theory is that Sega of America has very little say in what is going on with this game, period. Which is a shame, because certain things should be changed for a different market with different needs.

Yoiyami
Nov 1, 2006, 10:45 AM
I guess they got tired of seeing people spam "F**K SEGA" in lobbies, so they censored their own company name. XD

I was thinking of doing the same, but I have a feeling they'll fix the filter anyway. It's impossible to chat with it, it seriously is. So we'll see.

Sigma_GenX
Nov 1, 2006, 10:49 AM
I can't speak for the other systems versions, but the PS2 versions filter isn't to bad. Except the words Put a, or puta, in any combinations seem to be censored. Rather odd. The Fu$% is filtered, but Fu$%ed, Fu$%ing, and Fu$%er aren't. Kind of funny really.

rasuogen
Nov 1, 2006, 10:58 AM
I found that on the ps2 version you can say a swear word if for example
fu%$ the whole word is censored but if you have a word "connected to it" like...
fu%$face then the whole word is there.

But in PSO one of the words that bugged me was (Saturday). It would censor only a part of the word, "turd" that’s it!! Gaaa pissed me off so much......

parabolee
Nov 1, 2006, 11:05 AM
If anyone is interested, you can bypass the "sega" censor by adding a cut-in cat!

for example "@1 SEGA" works.

Doesn't work with swear words though. Not sure about "ridiculous" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dusk21
Nov 1, 2006, 11:09 AM
I wonder if they censored the 'hooter' part of frozen shooter again. That one always cracked me up.

AndrewLD16
Nov 1, 2006, 11:17 AM
I was talking about nip/tuck last night.... and what do you know?! Nip is censored. LOL

Ruby-chan
Nov 1, 2006, 11:26 AM
I bet you Sega's looking at their server stats and saying, "OMG those Americans have filthy mouths! They're constantly swearing! We have to improve the swear filters!" because they keep censoring building blocks of common speech. (Put a is really, really, dumb.)

I currently can't wait until they censor is, it, and the.

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 12:43 PM
I thought so too. The censors really are strong in PSU.

I often respond by saying "Got it" but that is censored.

You can't say "Got it" "bought it" or any of those because even with spaces you have have a 't' and follow it with 'it'.

It's ok to attempt a little censorship for "in general" true offensive language, but to go as far as something that is pretty much juvenile cuts quite a bit into the normal vernacular.

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 12:45 PM
I know we can complain about this, but a simple message to SEGA could also be approiate.