PDA

View Full Version : Guilds or Clans?

poponon
Nov 1, 2006, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know if there has been any plan to implement guilds or clans or any type of group like that into PSU?? Me and a group of friends were thinking of starting a semi-hardcore clan with teamspeak and a website for doing missions and such.

So any word on this?

(sorry if this question has already been asked)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: poponon on 2006-11-01 06:04 ]</font>

Dhylec
Nov 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
As of now, no. I doubt there is one anytime soon, or if ST ever implement guild feature.

Sigma_GenX
Nov 1, 2006, 09:14 AM
On 2006-11-01 06:05, Dhylec wrote:
As of now, no. I doubt there is one anytime soon, or if ST ever implement guild feature.

For now it looks like we're stuck with partner cards, and selective party choosing. I agree with Dhylec; I doubt that they plan to add a guild feature. Seems rather unlikely.

poponon
Nov 1, 2006, 09:34 AM
e in**snt there a clan/guild system in psobb though?

Zabot
Nov 1, 2006, 10:52 AM
On 2006-11-01 06:34, poponon wrote:
e in**snt there a clan/guild system in psobb though?

yea it was teams

you had to sacrafice a rare in order to get like 1-10 pts, and things to purchase for the team were like 3k pts, some even 10k. absolutely rediculous

AngelLight
Nov 1, 2006, 10:56 AM
I'm amazed this thread wasn't flamed....as this was covered 100 times previously. You got away lucky OP. But yeah, just because there's no "team functionality" in the code shouldn't stop you from joining a family should you so choose.

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 12:13 PM
I have Apathy (http://clan.maverickforce.com/) at the momment. Here is the PSOW topic I made aboutABOUT THE GUILD (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124320&forum=8&0) will tell you more about the guild.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-01 09:15 ]</font>

Arias
Nov 1, 2006, 12:17 PM
If you want to make some kind of guild, make some good friends on PSU, like 3+, and keep playing with eachother online, and meet over and over, so you really get to know eachother.
It's probably heeps of fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 12:21 PM
Most guilds are mainly for community and connection with these type of games. I have found that this really poves to become REALLY GOOD. People open up, talk, and have fun. Have their hurts and their sucess, a trust and a companion. A guild or a clan is nothing but a closer community from such a place like PSOW (not a bad thing, just shriking somthing down to somthing effiecent for a group). Many people never expeirenced or experienced the build of somthing good such as a clan or a guild.

Here is a much older quote to past topics on the subject. Angel said it best though.

On 2006-09-28 03:27, Ryogen wrote:
I read though the thread and many of you don't have a fully understand of what most guilds are and what most guilds isn't. A guild in PSU would most likely be for easy communication, trustworthy, friendship and a helping hand in a community. Would you rather be in a guild where you have people you can play with, communicate, trust (with items, money, etc), and befriend with rather than be with people who will use you, backstab, annoy, nag or make a dishonest trade with you?

Many guilds are made for a community basis. Communication, trust, friendship and a helping hand. That is what real guilds are about. Stop comparing PSU to games like WoW and Everquest. A different game is a different goal.

Some of you lost the idea of a Guild as a easy communication community rather than a powerleveling, powerhungry and fame based play. Most guilds are like that, but I don't think a guild like that would make it far in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-09-28 03:28 ]</font>

On 2006-09-28 05:43, AngelLight wrote:
Alot of these negative responses seem to be from people who were having organizational problems and/or conflicts in previous MMOs, mainly focused on FFXI which is pretty much on it's last legs. I haven't played FFXI in quite a long time, but from what I've heard its been rapidly spiraling downhill. In that case then, any MMO will be a fresh start, including here.

However, like anything, a good guild or clan will support an ideal of team play, cooperation, and family. Any competent "non-power-rushing" organization will tell you that. Since this game will also not open up with PvP, these tenents are even more critical to the PvE focus then in any other MMO. And yet, what we're seeing here is a more soloist bent (yes you'll rack up lots of friends and could theoretically play with them, but it seems that there's more of a hardline independence coming from the PSO forum community). I suspect that this too is also due to the fact that most of its members seem to be ex-FFXI players, aka the most solo unfriendly MMO on the face of the planet today. Nothing wrong with being able to solo from time to time.

But, in the end, if you're in a good guild....with good people....who share the same idealogy....there's no reason why that guild should ever have drama or cause friction. What everyone seems to be describing is either a PvP bent (which wont exist here for the time being) or poor leadership or organizational problems. But again, I imagine I wont convert anyone due to the fact that I truly sympathize with anyone who has played FFXI this long.

The only thing that really surprised me on this thread was that there's a mod for this site posting anti-guild when the site itself has its own personal "team page" hosting for guilds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Of course, even mods have the right to have their own opinions. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-09-28 05:45 ]</font>

Diablohead
Nov 1, 2006, 12:27 PM
THere is no ingame dedicated option, but don't let that stop you all wearing the same clothing and playing in a group together.