PDA

View Full Version : My favorite PSU thing has now got to be shops.

Apathy
Nov 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
My online name is A.p.a.t.h.y. [MK III] ...

My boyfriend just footed the bill for me to be able to open a shop since I was working hard to buy one. Once I did .. I fell in love. It is by far the coziest selling system in a MMO to date. I get to meet lots of new people, and make friends. Additionaly the stress of bazaaring is much more relaxed than say the RMT crap that was going on in FFXI and WoW. I never got into crafting or selling in those games because the market was down right mean and the synth/craft systems, too hard. Throw in NM hunters and the like and well, the game (FFXI) made me cry alot so I quit.

But here in PSU thats changed, Ive changed. I get this small giggle of inner joy every time I close down my shop [lock my room] to sit down and make things to sell. And when I open it up I get a tinge of excitement wondering if I am going to meet somone new! Im greeted by warm smiles everytime I stop by to check how my PM is doing, even chat it up as I am sything Items in front of people. There is no harassment, no one calling me names, I even get friendly suggestions from people as to what I should keep in stock.

The shop option has opened up a new avenue for extending the life of the game for me. It has even made me WANT to improve my PM more and more, which before, I couldnt have cared less. On top of that I can now invite fellow shop owners to go on "gathering missions" with me, which I enjoyed in games like Monster Hunter. I swear, Life as a shop owner has made this game alot more social and alot less lonely.

Anyway I just want to say PSU and TeamSega, and to everyone else. Even tho people may complain about lack of content and bugs and such, you have my love for getting THIS right. I cant stop smiling.. Now I will be on PSU for a long time, even atfer I have "ran out of things to do" (read: kill stuff). Thanks to this cozy and more personal shop system, my specialty class will now be Merchant/Treasure Hunter.

Well that and Protranzer ... a very Treasure hunter job If I might say so my self.

Wang_Tang
Nov 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
Heh, it just seems like the process of -affording- a shop is pretty difficult for lower levels =/. Theoretically I should be able to afford it, but with crafting appropriate weapons for grinding, trying to get mats together for armor synths (which fail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) it seems to be quite the daunting task indeed =/. If only I could afford a shop, I would be rich indeed!

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 01:55 PM
I thought they were neat, as well. I really haven't experimented too much, but checking out various shops for what people have was a very exotic online experience. I never felt more like I stepped into an online Bazaar than this. Very well put together. I hope Sega does their best to keep this aspect solid.

Wang_Tang
Nov 1, 2006, 02:01 PM
Well, the social aspect of the shop system is a good thing. In WoW, however, the sheer efficiency of the Auction House is something that I'll always consider to be the pinnacle of MMO economy. In one interface, check prices, set up auctions, buy stuff, etc, instead of browsing through multiple people's shops. It seems like some people are kind of out of sync with what items should be sold for (more than npc price? are you kidding me?), and the AH in WoW was really just alot more intuitive for keeping track of what things are worth.

KirinDave
Nov 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-11-01 11:01, Wang_Tang wrote:
Well, the social aspect of the shop system is a good thing. In WoW, however, the sheer efficiency of the Auction House is something that I'll always consider to be the pinnacle of MMO economy. In one interface, check prices, set up auctions, buy stuff, etc, instead of browsing through multiple people's shops. It seems like some people are kind of out of sync with what items should be sold for (more than npc price? are you kidding me?), and the AH in WoW was really just alot more intuitive for keeping track of what things are worth.

Except that the AH system in WoW was very subject to manipulation. Once you had a few thousand gold, you could easily control a market. If two rich people colluded in this fashion, it was nearly impossible to break that control.

WoW's system wasn't very good. It was efficient, though.

Lorsavasus
Nov 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
Exactly.

Infact, I find it downright surprising. I didn't even give the player shops a second thought, because the terms "PSO" and "economy" have never been in the same thought bubble for myself.

I really love how this is going.

XICougarIX
Nov 1, 2006, 02:18 PM
I am absolutely addicted to running my shop in this game lol it is by far my favorite part of the game so far.

PaladinRPG
Nov 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
I'm currently working to save up for a shop, now that I have a stable cash flow from missions and loot to offload & some weapon synthing going on. I think maybe by this weekend I'll have one setup. I really do admire the system though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Trinacepti
Nov 1, 2006, 02:26 PM
I like the shop system.
Two main things.
1. The ability to have items selling all the time, no time contrainsts like in XI (7 days) or even worse WoW (1 day)
2. The ability to sell tons and tons of items at once, unlike XI where it was 7 at a time.

The only thing I'd like more is if you could search by item and it'd perhaps list prices too somehow so you don't have to go through multiple shops to find a nice price.

Dai-Kitana
Nov 1, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm enjoying meeting ppl at their shops, however, not very fond of ppl advertising selling items (relic edge, etc..) then showing up and seeing it for 9999999.

I understand it 'gets ppl in to your shop', but when you have to go one shop at a time, all it does is waste time. (and black flag's me from ever going back).

I did thoroughly enjoy the synchronised dancing in one of the shops I popped in on though... lol, and overall it's a nice way to meet new ppl.

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 02:32 PM
That last part is something I'd love to see, but I'm not sure if that was intentional that we couldn't see that. It does encourage people to visit different shops more if they simply look up the item, but don't know what price people are selling it for. Then it sort of becomes like an online shopping mall, where you keep going back between shops to see who has the better deal.

Still, I definitely agree that it would make things a bit easier, for the shopper, if they can get a break down on prices real quick. This would actually be akin to the player shop system in the driving game, Test Drive Unlimited.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, you can't look up an item and specify the Class that item belongs to.

For instance, I can only seem to look up for Twin handguns and stuff, but since I'm looking for B-class ones, I have to do a good bit of searching. I can't seem to limit the search so I end up getting all the shops selling it, regardless of Class. I end up spending quite a bit of time going around and finding just C-class versions of stuff.

Numnuttz
Nov 1, 2006, 02:36 PM
i like this shop idea as well. i get to meet people and have a decent conversation with them about goods, there room, and pm. i just wish i had my own but i end up useing most of my meseta for my pm>.<. getting my pm to be a 420 is now my goal before most things.

AngelLight
Nov 1, 2006, 02:36 PM
Akai, if you know the exact name of the weapon then you can enter that and it will search thru everyone's shop inventories for a match and give you the results....that will cut down ALOT of time for you then just saying search for all twin handguns.

only bad thing is that it will also pull up those people who sell the boards to make thie item as well....but for sure it's alot faster still.

bunnysama
Nov 1, 2006, 03:15 PM
I've only glanced at the shops for a second(looking for a rappy feather, I have 2 need the 3rd) but I can see the good and the ill of the system.

good- social, no time restrictions
bad- marketflooding, eventually everyone will have a shop, that's alot to look through(smart searchs will help but it will still be a massive market)

Krltplps
Nov 1, 2006, 03:19 PM
I opened my shop up last night just before bed, by the time I woke up it was completely sold out! How will Ie ver keep up with the demand?

Apathy
Nov 1, 2006, 03:44 PM
As for "everyone will have a shop" I feel your pain there...

Yup they will, but after a while some people wont have the attention span for it and will opt to just let thier shelves go empty or just close down. I understand that everyone will have dreams of getting rich quick, but will have NO idea what it means to be a merchant.. (Can you feel my newfound passion!? XD)

If you treat your shop with love and take pride in what you are doing, I promise you will begin to stand out amoungst everyone else. Everyone hates price gougers... And If someone wants to start jacking prices into the millions, I will let them.

Its my shop, and I have alot of faith in my shop, and I will be trying to bring reliable goods a decent prices to everyone (that I can). Greed has never been an issue with me... I'll let that be for the scrooges that will appear In the future. In the end I hope my reputation for fairness and Honesty shines through.

I hope other shop owners, the serious ones, will be the same way too.

Here's to the Future PSOW Shopowners Guilds! ::thumbs up::

^_^ <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-01 12:48 ]</font>

ellievyle
Nov 1, 2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I really like the market place system too. I love shopping for bargains and meeting people with stores (and roaming through their rooms XD). One thing that this current market place makes incredibly easy is finding an item that you're looking for, anything from sweet berries to rares. In PSO you had absolutely no chance to stumble upon that rare person who happened to have exact weapon you were looking for, much someone who would be willing to sell it, much less sell it for something you were willing to pay for. Trading items was a tedious and obnoxious endeavor, and most people just made/played a new character to get the items they needed. This market system is much simplier, easier and more friendly. You can take full advantage of what other classes offer and make a friend or two in the process. <3

AngelLight
Nov 1, 2006, 03:48 PM
I have a Giant Pannon guarding my Bedroom door. Anyone intruding on my private quarters will be walked on. Grrr...

ellievyle
Nov 1, 2006, 03:57 PM
Oops, sorry. Reread your post, and I misunderstood...heh n/m XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ellievyle on 2006-11-01 13:04 ]</font>

MayLee
Nov 1, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hehe, I cannot wait to get it! Because when I get PSU that's one of many things I'll do.

I'm a rare hunter, woo! >.<

SonicTMP
Nov 1, 2006, 04:11 PM
[rant mode!] Going room to room looking for 1 item you need or the next one sucks. Even better if say you want a brand and the system looks for anything so you go to a room and they only sell "twin brand". >< Also why the hell does everyone sell nanocarbon for more than what the store sells it for? [done ranting]

I really prefer the wow auction system. Better search system and don't have to load 50 times to check prices at 20 shops.