PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most popular person or people online to you?

Ryoten
Nov 1, 2006, 02:37 PM
Since I haven't started online yet, but very skilled in the game now, I was wondering who is popular online right now, or who will be popular.

My guess is half of everyone here will become popular.

Dai-Kitana
Nov 1, 2006, 02:41 PM
Popular as in well known within the PSOWorld community, I would have to go with Parn, Rizen, Saner. (There's plenty. Those were the 1st 3 to come to mind).

Starshape
Nov 1, 2006, 02:43 PM
well I agree about Rizen.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sleet_v2
Nov 1, 2006, 08:15 PM
....who cares?

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-11-01 11:41, Dai-Kitana wrote:
Popular as in well known within the PSOWorld community, I would have to go with Parn, Rizen, Saner. (There's plenty. Those were the 1st 3 to come to mind).

Same here.
*edit * oh and don't forget Johnathan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 17:23 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Nov 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
i am most popular nuff said....

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 1, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-11-01 11:41, Dai-Kitana wrote:

i cant think of anyones name but those 3 ._. from this place.

Ecstasy
Nov 1, 2006, 08:30 PM
I tend to stay away from universe 15, as some there think just becasue there PSO-Worlder's they are the kings of PSU. I mostly play in universe 3, as there seems to be the nicest people there.ALso ive run into some really nice PSO-Worlders there to:) To all the Asshates in universe 15, You are making this community look bad to everyone else. I know it isnt all but you already have a bad name going for yourselfs.

Yuskey
Nov 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
Rizen, my name was stolen!

FenixStryk
Nov 1, 2006, 09:16 PM
Rizen is by far THE most popular guy. I ran into three people who had his name, but weren't him. Creeped me out.

Besides that, Parn, Saner, Zero9teen, and a few others are well-known. I have yet to get as high as Saner, but I'm 1/7th of the way there. =p

SolKyoshiro
Nov 1, 2006, 09:23 PM
Me

Universe 1/2

February
Nov 1, 2006, 09:26 PM
I'm usually with Rizen, Rider, Dark Shadow etc. So I guess I'll go with them

Inspektahdek
Nov 1, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-11-01 17:15, Sleet_v2 wrote:
....who cares?

Yes seriously, is this topic poster in high school or prob middle school? I'd almost bet money on it. Who gives a fuck?

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 09:30 PM
Very popular...Ryoten, what did I tell you about posting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rizen
Nov 1, 2006, 10:00 PM
Besides me...Parn, Argus, Ridli, and I guess DarkShadowX is getting up there in popularity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When ever I get out of a mission I usually have 2 or 3 people asking me to join them but Im already in a party. I really do want to play with you all but I dont like to up and leave my group. >< Also, I constantly get people asking me to send them my card and mailing me while ingame. Not that I dont mind giving out my card, but I cant answer them all when Im in the middle of a B rank or A rank mission.I usually try to give a response in some way so I dont seem rude. Im sorry to anyone if they feel ignored by me but its nothing personal, honest.

Also...if you see anyone named Rizen and they dont look like this (I did change outfits 3 or 4 times)
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Images/SRankShotgun.png

Its not me >< I just got this outfit so that I dont confused with other 'Rizen's there might be >>

Q_Anon
Nov 1, 2006, 10:04 PM
Looks like I need to make a Rizen and be cool too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Anyone is cool who is nice, polite and fun to talk to.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 1, 2006, 10:04 PM
After this (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124910&forum=20&13), I think that Argus fellow is gonna lose some fanbase. =O

Sev
Nov 1, 2006, 10:07 PM
This is hilarious.

I was once poked by Rid-Li but it was in Universe 1. I turned around to say something, and the lag just POURED in. There's way too many people at the Raffon Outpost.

I'm surprised I haven't run into Parn or Rizen. I've seen Darkshadow a few times, and even Dizzy. But not you guys... I've seen Argus, in Excal's shop... Heh. Well, I guess everyone will meet at the meet and greet on the 4th anyway. Until then, I'm gonna get back to farming and leveling... I want Rivetacles. T-T

AC9breaker
Nov 1, 2006, 10:10 PM
Ah-King and Barubary are still celebrity's in my eyes!

HiKeRI
Nov 1, 2006, 10:12 PM
So far the most popular person ive run around is Abel, i rarely see him and i think he's a japanese to since last time he didnt speak English that well, he had awsome stuff on him that i havent even seen anyone with it yet, dont ask me for name of item because he didnt reply me when i asked what it were.

DONTOSE
Nov 1, 2006, 10:13 PM
yea Rizens cool soon as i go online im going to look for Rizen so i can join his party even if its just the two of us in one party.

it would be fun to play with a top player like Rizen. i cant what to go online.

February
On 2006-11-01 19:00, Rizen wrote:
Besides me...Parn, Argus, Ridli, and I guess DarkShadowX is getting up there in popularity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When ever I get out of a mission I usually have 2 or 3 people asking me to join them but Im already in a party.

That's why I normally wait for you to mail me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

FenixStryk
I feel for you, Rizen. Must be a pain in the ass to worry about posers. I must admit, though, B-rank and A-rank missions already? Sheesh.

Rizen
Nov 1, 2006, 10:15 PM
Hehe....Thank Heavenly and DSX for that.

February
Nov 1, 2006, 10:16 PM
Hehe me and Rizen get power leveled from the groups we usually play in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
(Dark, Rider... I'm looking if your direction)

Parn
Nov 1, 2006, 10:21 PM
Duplicate named characters are nothing to worry about. Your friends know who you really are and that's really what counts. There was another Parn running around on Universe 15 during the first few days, and a few of my friends assumed that was me, up until it became clear that it wasn't me based purely on attitude and response.

So yeah, nothing to worry about really.

On a positive note, my PM should be at its final evolution tomorrow evening. I can't wait!

Shinou
Nov 1, 2006, 10:43 PM
Rizen is cool. same with Parn, Dark shadow, and Kamin too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

cobfab
Nov 1, 2006, 11:57 PM
On 2006-11-01 19:13, DONTOSE wrote:
yea Rizens cool soon as i go online im going to look for Rizen so i can join his party even if its just the two of us in one party.

it would be fun to play with a top player like Rizen. i cant what to go online.

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS?????????????????????? LOL....

TOP PLAYER???????????????? WTF???? How is someone a top player? Because they play all day and has no life?

AkiraXxx
Nov 2, 2006, 03:01 AM
I can tell you to stay clear of Siyon, little faggot kicks people at final parts of missions for laughs with his friends.

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:01 AM
I don't know. I'm 360...so I don't know. My people's in Apathy are enough popularity with me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

madonex4
Nov 2, 2006, 04:24 AM
why does it really matter whos popular? if they are that popular, everyone will want to play with them, leavin no space for u. so it doesnt matter much. its a mass multiplayer online game, just play wth anyone

Rizen
Nov 2, 2006, 06:24 AM
On 2006-11-01 20:57, cobfab wrote:
ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS?????????????????????? LOL....

TOP PLAYER???????????????? WTF???? How is someone a top player? Because they play all day and has no life?
If you are suggestiong that I dont have a life, you are sadly mistaken. I got to school and do normal things like other people. I help out the community of PSOW and do my best to help other players, but I wouldnt consider myself a top player. I would just say that I am the best at what I do and I do it well.

cobfab
Nov 2, 2006, 06:42 AM
I wasn't pointing fingers dude, I simply asked DONTOSE a question why he considers someone a top player.

Cerulean
Nov 2, 2006, 09:34 AM
Popularity isn't for everyone.

I used to post under a different name, years ago, when I played GC PSO (JP & NA versions). I was, I guess you would say, 'popular.' In that the moment I logged on I would start getting simple mails, to the point I'd have over a dozen within a few minutes, literally hundreds a night. People vying (for some reason) for me to join their teams. Someone(s) always feeling left out and ignored. It was a nightmare, actually, and I realized it was mostly my own doing. I was very high-profile on the boards back then, because I thought I wanted a ton of friends to play with and do legit rare hunts with. But... it sort of got out of control, in that I reached out to too many people and back then teams were even smaller (4 compared to PSU's 6).

Anyway, to those of you who are 'popular' in PSU and who handle it well - kudos.

To those of you (and this is most of us, myself included these days) who are not popular - don't feel too left out or bad. It's really not all that it's cracked up to be.

Now I'm just trying to build a small group of 6-10 people that maybe even become friends. People that are nice, laid back, funny, non-selfish, and as into each other's in-game success as their own. If I can find a handful of people like that I will be as popoular as I want to be!

Topic Question: Parn and Saner seem to be the most well-known names on this board, though to me Tomeeboy is THE legend of PSO, since I can remember this place since back when it was PlanetDreamcast (or whatever it was called back in 2001) and he's the reason we're all here. d*_*b

Merumeru
Nov 2, 2006, 10:07 AM
XD popularity is only relative to the person who is questioned, i just love some of the asshole guys that a lot of people hate, and then there are some really nice, cheerful people I just cant stand XD i think this is another reason there aren't any Guilds/Clans in PSU

Callous
Nov 2, 2006, 10:13 AM
Wtf at this topic.

Cerulean
Nov 2, 2006, 10:13 AM
There are 'unofficial' guilds in PSO. My friend was recruited into one last week. But, yeah, no offical team/guild/linkshell system like in other games.

And basically Merumeru said what I think, only with WAY less words! ((((I am way too wordy ~ guess that's why I was an English major))))

Zabot
Nov 2, 2006, 10:35 AM
hmmm, i could care less, some really good friends i got from here were valkeree and another person i cnat think of his name right now, i actually have most of the PSOW community on my 360 friends list, havnet gotten to play with them yet tho, but they all sem like very nice people. so i guess im saying I LOVE YOU GUYS. . .

SHOUT OUT TO VALKEREE. . . GET ON AND STOP SCREWING AROUND MAN. . . ROFL. . . YEAAAA!!!

Ryoten
Nov 2, 2006, 11:38 AM
On 2006-11-01 18:30, Ryogen wrote:
Very popular...Ryoten, what did I tell you about posting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Heee heee. Ryogen, you are my new best friend here now. I have to trade Partner Cards with you. I'll have to go with Saner, Watashiwa, Parn, & some others that I need to know about.

Thrash777
Nov 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
I like seeing Fenix's posts around, they usually make me laugh... ^_^

...and yeah, most of the people I was gonna say have been said...

...as well as Sinue_v2, but you don't see him post much, but he is around. He works mostly on the www.phantasystarwiki.com as well as hanging around the www.gamefaqs.com board, which is where he and I made posting history awhile back with a huge PSO story topic, so that's my claim to fame! ^_^

Here is a link to it: BEWARE! PSO SPOILER! http://www.freewebs.com/hellomoto64/ummmstuff.htm

Weak
Nov 2, 2006, 12:13 PM
On 2006-11-01 19:07, Sev wrote:
This is hilarious.

I was once poked by Rid-Li but it was in Universe 1. I turned around to say something, and the lag just POURED in. There's way too many people at the Raffon Outpost.

>< Yeah, I remember that. I was wondering if I'd get some sort of response, but from the way you were turned towards the million people in the outpost, I was thinking you were getting tremendous slowdown.

klunka
Nov 2, 2006, 01:21 PM
On 2006-11-02 03:24, Rizen wrote:
I would just say that I am the best at what I do and I do it well.

OMG It's Wolverine!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll go sit in the corner now.

Ri0T
Nov 2, 2006, 02:24 PM
I've yet to really meet anyone from PSOW online. O'course, I don't really have a ton of free time, and i have 3 characters leveling at the same time. (4th on the way) Know that 90% of my free time is spent on PSU tho, even those few minutes before i have to leave and go to work. XD

zero9teen is on XBOX360 i think so I'll not be able to meet him. Tails3 on the other hand was s'posed to have a Newman Force, but I wasn't able to really catch the name all too well on the podcast.

I did run into a Parn on a mission once (joined it because of the name) and the character actually did have his shirt off, but it wasn't green and white like it was in his sig. It was the Black and reddish-orange undies.

What color undies do you wear, Parn?

...if i can say that without sounding gay. XD

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 02:29 PM
Because that question was indeed asked in all seriousness (and with good reason), it makes reading that question all the more rich.

tyler2zelda
Nov 2, 2006, 02:31 PM
Rizen is an idol in my eyes. Rappies pwn all. Rizen pwns Rappies ^_^

klunka
Nov 2, 2006, 02:32 PM
Parn (http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/445ead65a2693ed446ab8ab57388ec5f2c1b3429.png)

At least one of the few I've met on Uni 15

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klunka on 2006-11-02 11:33 ]</font>

Ri0T
Nov 2, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-11-02 11:32, klunka wrote:
Parn (http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/445ead65a2693ed446ab8ab57388ec5f2c1b3429.png)

At least one of the few I've met on Uni 15

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klunka on 2006-11-02 11:33 ]</font>

Yeah, that seems to be the same guy that I met. '-'

Scallop
Nov 2, 2006, 03:14 PM
I dont get why some of you care who is popular.

cobfab
Nov 2, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-11-02 12:14, Scallop wrote:
I dont get why some of you care who is popular.

Maybe because they treat online like it's the real world?

A is playing with A's friend and sees B playing with someone popular and B invites A to play with them but not A's friend so A ditch his friend to play with someone popular and doesn't look back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobfab on 2006-11-02 12:44 ]</font>