PDA

View Full Version : Does this game get harder?

Marduk
Nov 1, 2006, 03:47 PM
I never got the chance to play PSO but I have played MMO's before and they start out real easy and them late game skill takes over. I just wanted to ask some of the old players if some of the boss fights get real intense where some serious teamwork is needed to stop anyone from dieing. I love this game right now but as a Force I haven't died but 2-3 times. I'm only level 20 and the hardest thig I have done is solo the lvl 30 dragon. Thats when I got discouraged. I mean If I can solo a lvl 30 boss at lvl 20 how is this game going to keep me interested when the only reason I need a party is to save me time and risk my S rank. I enjoy the community in this game much more then other MMO's and I would like to stick around and make some friends.

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 03:55 PM
The game does get harder and more challenging to keep the S ranks. It's precisely one of the reasons why people haven't been attacking Neudiaz as much.

Marduk
Nov 2, 2006, 08:38 AM
Cool I was hoping so. Thats my favorite planet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. That also bothers me though. Is it just me or is it a real grind when your constantly doing levels where you wont die? I like challenges but it seems many players in PSU are afraid of a good challenge. Sometimes though I get a nice good group of friends and well rock some hard levels.

Miyoko
Nov 2, 2006, 08:44 AM
Level differences between you and enemies in PSU doesn't mean as much as other MMOs. Keep that in mind.

Hatecrime69
Nov 2, 2006, 10:40 AM
In story mode by the end i was about level 54 and and the enemies were about 65 i think..i had a little issues (died a few times) but after a few tries i did beat it..I'd say your actual abilities effect things more than your level

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 10:56 AM
I often see the monster encounters change, even for the same level and level rank. That is, when you have different character levels, or different average group character levels. I see a lot of different monsters replacing the old ones when you have a higher average going through.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-02 07:57 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 2, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-11-01 12:55, Akaimizu wrote:
The game does get harder and more challenging to keep the S ranks. It's precisely one of the reasons why people haven't been attacking Neudiaz as much.

I solo Neudaiz and get S, you just have to be careful and make sure you stay on a timely formate. you ahve to find the enemy's patern and then go around it then atk. with the burrowing flowers you wait till they get to you then you back up and shoot or strafe to side then photon art.

Peace

Jaylix
Nov 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
they start out real easy and them late game GEAR takes over.

Fixed.

Pengfishh
Nov 2, 2006, 12:55 PM
Teehee.

Disastorm
Nov 2, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-11-02 08:52, Jaylix wrote:

they start out real easy and them late game GEAR takes over.

Fixed.

haha so true. most mmos don't require much skill. Granted there may be a little bit of skill in some mmos, gear and level are usually like 80% of the battle. For example even in a game like World of Warcraft a level 10 could never beat a lv 60 no matter how much skill they have even if its like 1000 X more than the lev 60's skill. The only mmo I've ever played where such a thing might remotely be possible is Ultima Online. The mage pvp in ultima online is the most skill required battle in any mmo I've played, and it is possible for a good player with only 50 magery to beat a sucky player that may have 100 magery. Gear in that game also meant nearly nothing at all, with no special effects like most newer mmos (and also the newer ultima online) have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Disastorm on 2006-11-02 13:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Disastorm on 2006-11-02 13:10 ]</font>