PDA

View Full Version : A tip to my fellow Rangers...

Nestahima
Nov 1, 2006, 03:49 PM
Here is what I propose to you:

Grind your weapons.

Run the first few painfully slow missions by yourself, until you have enough money to buy a better weapon. Once you work up to about the 2000 mesta weapon, grind it until you get about the 1/2 chance to grind it again. Doing this will make your weapon quite powerful. Plus, you have something that Hunters with 2h swords/sabers/daggers/knuckles/spears don't have. RANGE!

By doing this, I rival the (single target) damage of most Hunters while using a rifle, if not surpassing it. Note that I don't have area attacks like photon arts, but I do get status effects.

Rangers aren't as weak as some people say, you just have to do a little more work.

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 03:53 PM
Definitely good advice. I wasn't grinding my weapons as much as I wasn't getting the +3 grinders and I've yet to have my day of luck.

But once that happens, I'm grinding like crazy. I still got a great pair of guns, but I can't wait to grind them.

Ras
Nov 1, 2006, 04:11 PM
I haven't tried this yet, but can't you just put your weapon and grinders in your room box, create a new character that has high luck that day, and grind with him/her?

Grinding is good advice for every type, not just rangers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif