PDA

View Full Version : Theory on Grinding

Ryoga4523
Nov 1, 2006, 04:06 PM
Ok so today I fiddled with grind my own weps again. I got my first Autogun to grind from 1-2, then did it successfully went from 2-3. I tried grinding it to level 4 and BLAM... I was dissappointed. Then I decided to grind my other autogun. It successfully went from 0-1, then when I tried doing 1-2 it failed.... -_-! I was like you stupid piece of crap... Those were both autoguns that I ahd my PM make. So I am thinking that the weps that your PM's make break easier than the weps that you buy from the stores.

MayLee
Nov 1, 2006, 04:11 PM
I guess it is because they have been worn down from the last grindings

*Shrugs*

Typhoeus
Nov 1, 2006, 04:12 PM
Tell you what, I had a stupid hard time trying to grind my two Autoguns. I broke 4 before finally getting two to level 6. On top of that I've broken so many Twin Suckers and Partizans I can't even begin to count (all PM crafted high elemental). However, I used to grind C class weapons to 7+ all day. I think that even though B class weapons still say "very high" "high" etc. chance, the percentages for success are probably lower when compared to C class. As a side note, I always use characters with max luck when I grind.

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 04:12 PM
Grinding is ebil, it's ebil I say!, besides I don't really waste my time grinding anything unless I plan on keeping that item.

Miphesto
Nov 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
is grinding really that good? and can u walk me through the steps? how much will it increase my ATP?

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-11-01 13:17, Miphesto wrote:
is grinding really that good? and can u walk me through the steps? how much will it increase my ATP?

It dosen't matter how much it increases your ATP, won't get enough successful grinds for it to make a diffrence. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 13:23 ]</font>

Typhoeus
Nov 1, 2006, 04:28 PM
Grinding is awesome, but somewhat risky of course. As an example of how powerfull grinding is: For some C Class weapons grinding one to 5+ will make it up to 50% stronger than it was orignally, not to mention a nice PP boost. It's criminal at low level for sure.

You need: (X is a constant)
1) Grinder Base X equivalent to the level of the weapon you wish to craft i.e. Grinder Base C for C Class Weapons
2) Grinder Base X Board equivalent to the Grinder Base X you wish to make
3) Grinder Base X Board (most have 5 uses) will use Grinder Base X to make Grinder X+1-10 (higher number means higher sucess chance for your upgrades)
4) You can only grind GRM and Yohmei weapons currently (Important!)
5) Take your GRM or Yohmei weapon to their respective shops in their respective planets and talk to the ladies behind the yellow counter
6) Accept the agreement and be ready for lots of happiness and/or sadness

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-01 13:31 ]</font>

Realmz
Nov 1, 2006, 04:32 PM
the theory on grinding isn't much of one anymore, check out the chart at PSUpedia

it'based on your luck, the weapon quality (rank) and the +'s or your grinder. the higher the better (but only+2 is a certain with b weapons)

Typhoeus
Nov 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah man I've seen those charts. What I'm trying to say is that maybe for C "Very High" is 95% success chance whereas for B "Very High" may only be 90%. And so on down to the low chances. I doubt there is any way to prove it one way or another regardless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-01 13:49 ]</font>