PDA

View Full Version : 360 or pc?

RussInDaHill
Nov 1, 2006, 04:18 PM
I have been playing PSU on pc since the release, but I was just given a 360 ...so I bought PSU for the 360...I just wanted to know

Which version is better?>
(unless there are significant advantages Im going to play xbox 360 cuz my graphics card sucks on my pc)

Is it only ps2 and pc players that can play together or can all 3 systems play together?

anyone else have the game for both ?

vicviper314
Nov 1, 2006, 04:28 PM
I've only played ps2, PC and PS2 can play together, x360 has its own servers. I'm watching to see what others think, though. I'm thinking of picking up the PC version if the graphics / framerate are better than ps2. I find the animation is a little choppy.

RussInDaHill
Nov 1, 2006, 04:30 PM
ok cancel the 2nd q...i just looked that up...still need opinions on which version is better ....please! I'd hate to cancel my pc version with 60 hrs and regret it!

RussInDaHill
Nov 1, 2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah Vic...Im not sure about the better graphics....my pc was runnin hella slow so i had to turn the graphic and settings down ....looked like shit...worse than pso dc

Maskim
Nov 1, 2006, 04:44 PM
I love my 360 version. Graphics always look top notch. Never experience an choppiness, except when my internet farts, and there's alwaysenough people online that I don't notice that we're not integrated into the 'main' servers. Throw in thatit'svoice chat capable, so I don't have to type anything while I should be keeping mobs off the forces, and it's a great combination. I was thinking before release that if a few people I use to play wth went ps2 or PC, that I might go one of thoseroutes myself to play with them. However, now that I've played my 360 version...if they want to play with me bad enough, they can buy a 360.

RussInDaHill
Nov 1, 2006, 04:50 PM
Great opinion thanks!

Does the 260 version have anything the pc version doesn't offer? vica versa?

AngelLight
Nov 1, 2006, 04:54 PM
You have to play around with the settings to kill the choppiness on the PC....it was a bit of work and a bit frustrating, but in the end its running nice on my pc ( a laptop, but way over the recommended reqs).

Other people have had problems with PC graphic settings as well.....there's a nice thread floating around on here about that. I'm leaving work atm however...so perhaps someone nice will be able to post that link for you.

For PS2 users, main problem I've heard is slowdown....not sure what you can do about it, but it doesn't seem dibilitating (and I dont know if those who do have slowdown are using decent internet connections or are the Dial up cave people from the Geico commersials ^_^, just kidding, I understand that sometimes money is an issue.)

As for 360 users.....main things are a slightly lower population on their servers and some major hiccups with Voice Chat. But those things seem to be getting ironed out now from what I've gathered.

Mechageo
Nov 1, 2006, 04:54 PM
It has voice chat, but I choose the PC and PS2 versions over the 360, mostly because the PC is always quite high res compared to the 360 (Or the PS2) especially if on a TV or HDTV. HD is nice, but nothing compared to a good monitor. My computer can run PSO on the highest settings though, so it's really up to you.
I do own a copy for the PS2 as well as my computer, and I have to say, they both run about the same, but the PC can have higher resolutions.

RussInDaHill
Nov 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I know the link your talkin about ...I had to use it to adjust my settings...that thread helped a lot ...made it run a lot better but look like hell...

Mystil
Nov 1, 2006, 05:51 PM
I have no slowdown on my system. I'm on a 128MB connection. The graphics look very standardish. I prefered the PC version though but no stores had it in stock.

Carlo210
Nov 1, 2006, 08:02 PM
The Xbox 360 version always has 2 full servers during the day and around 1 full server at night. Not too bad for a FPSLOL kiddie console, now is it?