PDA

View Full Version : typing in Japanese

bystander85
Nov 1, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to type in Japanese in my US version of PSU. I have Windows IME Japanese support installed, and when I switch to Japanese, PSU actually recognizes it, but I have to keep switching the input mode after I finish typing everytime. Does anyone know how to keep the input mode from switching back to romajii?

scenario: press space bar to initiate chat in PSU > press ALT + SHIFT to enable Japanese IME > PSU recognizes the change > Switch input mode to Hiragana > type my message in Japanese and send it > Press space bar again later to type another message, still in Japanese mode, but is no longer in hiragana input.

And since I know people are going to ask, why the hell I would want to type Japanese in the US version of the game, because I'm a student of the language and would like to practice with my friends, kthnx.

Dhylec
Nov 1, 2006, 05:15 PM
I do not think the US version supports JP font. Using it in Windows is one thing, within the game is another situation.

Nukei
Nov 1, 2006, 05:24 PM
Yes it does.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/1232/japanqp4.jpg

Typhoeus
Nov 1, 2006, 05:28 PM
Why is someone in the US PSU (if that's your screenshot) asking someone else if they understand Japnese using kanji/kana? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-01 14:28 ]</font>

bystander85
Nov 1, 2006, 05:30 PM
The font working isn't the issue, it's just the fact that I have to change the input mode in IME to Hiragana everytime I want to type. (Hai, wakarimasu.)

Nukei
Nov 1, 2006, 05:30 PM
I forget but I heard that you would need some special drive to see the actual characters. Not kanji like the one above (>0o0)^

Itsuki
Nov 1, 2006, 06:29 PM
You should be able to fix it by changing your default input in your IME. But I'm not 100% sure.

Personally, I find that it will stay in hirigana, but it won't stay in katakana. Not that I really find it much of an issue. If it means anything, it has the same behavior in the US version that it does in the JP version.

EDIT: But really, is it really that hard to press ctrl+caps real fast before you type?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-01 15:30 ]</font>