PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Where do I get twin claws in extra mode?

Zeppelin36
Nov 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
If anyone knows please post cause I've been checking the shops.

Zeppelin36
Nov 1, 2006, 05:09 PM
anyone know?

Miller
Nov 1, 2006, 05:15 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miller on 2006-11-01 14:37 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2006, 05:35 PM
In extra mode? Just buy or synth some. They shouldn't be rare.

Maybe you're not far enough in story mode to have them. Try getting some more chapters under your belt.

Zeppelin36
Nov 1, 2006, 05:39 PM
wait i have too beat story mode chapters some more to get some weapons for extra mode?! if so that sucks! i mean story mode is good and all but i like extra mode a whole lot more.

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, story mode unlocks stuff offline. Going to new planets will unlock them, doing missions will unlock free missions, and getting to new chapters will unlock new weapons in shops. For the greatest extra mode experience, beat story mode. Pretend it's an RPG or something.

Zeppelin36
Nov 1, 2006, 05:49 PM
well i checked an faq on gamefaqs.com adn it said nothing about unlocking weapons for extra mode.

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2006, 06:02 PM
Well, I got to chapter 12 in story mode, and checked everything out every chapter in both story and extra. The shops in extra have the exact things that the shops in story have. The free missions are the same as well. It even says in the game, "new things in extra mode are unlocked as you play through story mode" (not the exact words, I'm sure).

Hm, I didn't know gamefaqs had a faqs yet. I wonder if it's as bad as the FFXI ones...

Zeppelin36
Nov 1, 2006, 06:27 PM
darn..thats all i have to say

Zeppelin36
Nov 1, 2006, 06:31 PM
wait! coudn't u just play through extra mode a lot too and unlock weapons? and other stuff

Flunky
Nov 1, 2006, 06:35 PM
Nope, the only way to unlock more missions/items is to advance the chapter in story mode, from what I've gathered. Story mode ain't too long, though, especially if you focus on the story as opposed to leveling up Ethan. Then you'll have a nice full extra mode AND an understanding of the plot as it stands (which will help with the online plot, as it supposedly continues where the story mode finishes).