PDA

View Full Version : High level people and S-Rank weapon preference?

Wang_Tang
Nov 1, 2006, 05:08 PM
So, I'm looking at the different expert classes, and determining which one I want to be based on what weapon types are available to them. Since PSUpedia is slowass, and I accidently closed the window, I care not if my naming of the classes is accurate...

Anyway, the Fort.. something, the one that's melee focused, they gain access to Axes, but not double sabers. I read the description of axes on psupedia, and it mentions something to the effect of "They are extremely slow, but powerful". Now, being a two handed weapon, I presume that the Axe hits multiple enemies. I like using Swords mainly, and I was just wondering if anyone has used Axes and could give me an idea of how slow it's swings are, exactly?

Alternatively, I would be the fi... HunterRanger >.>. The one that can use double sabers. I like how the description of the PA for double sabers sounds (a linear attack that hits surrounding enemies or whatever), and I also preferred using them as my main single-target weapon in PSO. If anyone has used a double saber yet (importers only I guess?), I would love to know how they handle in comparison to their PSO counterpart. I noticed that the... expert class in question, can only gain access to A rank Swords, as well as (i think) sabers and fists was it? I mainly use Swords, Sabers and Fists, so I'm curious if it's worth becoming this class just so I can access the Double Saber.

I'm not really expecting too much feedback just yet, solely because ... we don't have access to expert classes in the North American version yet, correct? Just wondering what people's thoughts are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Also, wartecher interests me, since I'd be able to solo much more effectively, but I'm curious when the optimum level range would be to level up FO so that I maximize my HU based stats.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Itsuki
Nov 1, 2006, 06:36 PM
1) Leveling FO doesn't effect HU.

2) Axes are decently slower than swords, and do hit multiple enemies. They're considerably stronger. I'm not HU, so I can't say more.

3) Double sabers hit multiple things, so they are more of a quick AoE kind of thing. Considerably different from the PSO counterparts.

Wang_Tang
Nov 1, 2006, 07:17 PM
Oh wow.. double sabers -passively- hit multiple targets?! With normal attacks??

Wang_Tang
Nov 1, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-11-01 15:36, Itsuki-chan wrote:
1) Leveling FO doesn't effect HU.

Ah... see, I figured that your stat raises from levelups were affected by which class you have active... that's not the case? You just gain bonuses to certain stats based on which class you have set as your main one?

ZeldaSerenade
Nov 1, 2006, 07:57 PM
Leveling a CAST from 9 to 10 as a Hunter gets the same stat increases as leveling a CAST from 9 to 10 as a ranger. Ex: If from 9 to 10 you get +8 ATA, you will always get +8 ATA despite your current class. When your class levels up, you get bonuses to stats depending on what class is currently active at the moment.

Carlo210
Nov 1, 2006, 08:04 PM
Double sabers don't hit multiple targets - they just hit one of the many enemies near you. One hit may hit the one infront of you, while the second hit may hit the one on the left, etc. Good for keeping your enemies flinched.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 1, 2006, 08:14 PM
But they got the dang human torpedo skill, thats AE

Ecstasy
Nov 1, 2006, 08:26 PM
I'm going to be tearing stuff up with Axes,a nd Claws RAWR!!!!