PDA

View Full Version : Why invite members to Universe 15? All groups locked :(

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 05:32 PM
So I join PSO-world for the information and to meet some people interested in PSU, and find out that the PSO world members are on Universe 15, so I go there..and 95% of the groups are locked. Admittedly the few groups I did get in, the people were great.

But really why invite people to hang out with you or even sign up for the forums and become a member if everything is going to be locked or you cant group with anyone?

You might as well invite eveyone for free food and say "Ohh sorry if you don't know anyone then you may want to go somewhere else. And I understand that people want to play with there friends, but its kind of hard to make new ones on this Universe since every decent group seems to be locked.

So somebody tell me the reason why PSU advertises what server we are supposed to congress at? Or at the very least you need to put up a notice saying: These people are allowed to group, the rest of you get lost.

PJesus
Nov 1, 2006, 05:34 PM
They aren't, I've noticed the same thing... They are always locked.

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 05:34 PM
Umm mabe because most of thoes groups are full (lord knows my teams always are) >_<

Angelraziel
Nov 1, 2006, 05:39 PM
cuz people just wanna look cool. "come play with us in Uni 15!... haha!! got another sucker folks HA he'll never guess that password muahahahaa!!"I tried to play in Uni 15 one time.. never went back i'm always in Uni 1 u can party with me bro i'm usually on in the day time, but not too late at nite. Angel (cast)

Rawke
Nov 1, 2006, 05:39 PM
i leave the groups i form open to everyone... im normally on newdiaz if you see me join up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Azure247
Nov 1, 2006, 05:41 PM
I noticed the same thing. They are just too good for us, that or its the other way around.

AlMcFly
Nov 1, 2006, 05:45 PM
I lock all my groups, because i hate uninvited mid-missioners. If you are outside asking for a party though between missions, I usually let you in. Pretty open on who I party with, just don't like late joins ;P.

*edit* I'm also either only in Universe 7 or 15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2006-11-01 14:46 ]</font>

Ijirashii
Nov 1, 2006, 05:47 PM
Well, in most cases the password is either: 1111 9999 1234 or 4321

I know I've open ed a lot of missions with those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Of course they usually end with a boot, but you may as well try them. >xD

Thrash777
Nov 1, 2006, 05:50 PM
Try looking around all the flyer bases; at the colony, parum, neudaiz, and moatoob... I'm sure ONE of them will have at least ONE game you can join!

Wallin
Nov 1, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well then everyone should just put "PSOW member" in the info of each game and use a universal password for all PSOW games so that random outsiders will stop joining but people from here can still join any game they want.

Of course that's easier said than done.

Ryoga4523
Nov 1, 2006, 06:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ yeah that is true. I too go on universe 15 and most of the games are locked. I usually have to go to uni 1 or 2 to get into some good rooms.

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 06:06 PM
Thrash I have and most of the open groups are Finders keepers and freaking De ragon farming, the kind of thing I came to the PSU server to get away from. But except for one person (Mcfly V!!) no PSU members have explained why they put up a an official server but wong group with anyone. And no offense to Mcfly but your reasoning is pretty cold too....
."yeah I dont mind grouping but don't come in and if you ask for a group and I feel like it I'll let you in" Im paraphrasing but that seems to be his gist.

So Im asking again....why advertise an official PSU server if your going to be elitist? Why even have people sign up for the forums and membership?

BydoEmpire
Nov 1, 2006, 06:10 PM
I don't know, I've had good luck in 15. I always create open missions (Not Give Finders!) because I'm always looking to get through missions quickly, I'm more interested in XP than items or meseta, and the game is more fun with people. I'd say, give it time, things will open up as more people get in the game.

Well then everyone should just put "PSOW member" in the info of each game and use a universal password for all PSOW games so that random outsiders will stop joining but people from here can still join any game they want.
That's a good idea. I'll mark my missions PSOW from now on.

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 06:11 PM
Not everyone that signs up is someone others wish to play with(if you catch what I'm saying).

newbieroadkil
Nov 1, 2006, 06:13 PM
Just started using Universe 15 for the parties I form with my friends. They are always open. You won't get the full experience if you don't get on our vent server though.

SailorDaravon
Nov 1, 2006, 06:17 PM
I'm usually game on Universe 15, but I often can't find an open game....that ISN'T finders keepers. I'm a ranger, and I get screwed on that. I'm a little higher level (35) and people are like why won't you join us....put it on random/set it order then!

So half the time I just doing relics C solo since it's still decent money/xp at my level. Once people start catching up a bit that'll change though.

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 06:19 PM
Understood, JaiBlue, but then whats the point? I can't even get into groups to find out WHO i don't want to group with. Its not cool putting up a sign saying "PARTY OF THE YEAR EVERYONE INVITED" Then when you get there you find that the REAL party is in the back and they wont let you in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: And Juiblue if not all members who join are party worthy then you should limit membership. Don't say this site and membership is open to everyone but then say well we don.t want to group with anyone we don't know.
If your going to be elitist fine, exclusive fine. But admit it to the world and give your criterea. That still makes you a bigot but at lest then your an honest bigot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 15:26 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Nov 1, 2006, 06:23 PM
I feel kinda bad for locking my games but only because I am farming for meseta to pl my mag. (is always in stages 5 levels less)

I need to make about 20k meseta a day to pl it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-01 15:24 ]</font>

Ijirashii
Nov 1, 2006, 06:23 PM
I never lock any of my groups. And I always set it on random/set

I've been kinda farming for my PMs lately though. And I'm not high-lvled. @_@

Mystil
Nov 1, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry(since I'm one of the ones doing this). Can't speak for the others, but my reasons aren't because 'I think I'm too good for the others'. I'm just learning how to play by running through the levels alone for a bit. Don't wanna be a burden to other because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Flunky
Nov 1, 2006, 06:33 PM
On the 360 at least, there's almost never more than one star for the population in universe 15. I think I spotted a group run by a PSOW fellow once, but it was on 'give finder' so I didn't bother joining (I like even distribution, even if I am a hunter). I pretty much never visit 15 anymore.

As for locking, I only lock the group if I take Lou along and am just earning some cash and such solo. If I plan on going with a group, I don't lock... anybody who want to join up deserves a chance, and it's not hard to apply the boot if things go sour.

Garroway
Nov 1, 2006, 06:39 PM
If you want to join a locked game because it contains an individual, or group of individuals, that you recognise from this site, why don't you just message the person in question asking to be let in?

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 06:47 PM
On 2006-11-01 15:19, Tyfreaky wrote:
Understood, JaiBlue, but then whats the point? I can't even get into groups to find out WHO i don't want to group with. Its not cool putting up a sign saying "PARTY OF THE YEAR EVERYONE INVITED" Then when you get there you find that the REAL party is in the back and they wont let you in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: And Juiblue if not all members who join are party worthy then you should limit membership. Don't say this site and membership is open to everyone but then say well we don.t want to group with anyone we don't know.
If your going to be elitist fine, exclusive fine. But admit it to the world and give your criterea. That still makes you a bigot but at lest then your an honest bigot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 15:26 ]</font>

Umm you kinda mis understood what I'm tying to say I usually lock my groups when I play on uni 15 because I don't ever want to see Mr. constipated in ANY of my groups ever... and yea I do admit I will in fact kick anyone I don't know, mainly because I didn't create groups to meet new friends, I create them to play with the ones I already have.

I rather play with the people I know because all of my friends have an understanding of what we would like to achieve, Plus they are able to tolerate my mistakes.

Wich is why I always suggest that no one should join random groups, there are a ton of ways to meet new people, do so off the field not on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 15:52 ]</font>

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 07:20 PM
Again understood JaiBlue, but thats my point you openly admit your biased and why. that i respect. But I joined PSO world for the community. Obvouisly if yoru on server 15 your probably there for the PSO community. Since the game is 5 days old that means you made friends and grouping partners before hand, and that somewhere along the line someone gave you a chance to group and communicate with them. Some of us have not had that chance and would like to have it since it was advertised as a selling point for this site.

And my point is if MOST of the vets feel as Jaiblue does, that they only want to group with who they know, then this site should not be a COMMUNITY site it should be a GUILD site where only friends and family of members should be allowed to join.

And thats what I am asking. IS the PSO World really a community that welcomes all, or are you just a really big guild who is set in your ways?

IF its the later please show me the door. erase my name from your rosters and let me try to find a community. And it should be officially stated who is allowed to join and group, and what your views are on those you don't know:

ON the other hand if its the former, then let us in so we too can become part of it

Edit: To Jaiblue, why even be a member of the forums if you refuse to associate with people you dont know? And I did not miss understand you made you biases perfectly clear, and that I respect, if not the reasons for them. I also joined this community and came to the Universe it sponsers, I should not be unable to get a group just because I have not been around for years to get to know everyone here. And neither should others. And while your reasons are your own again that makes you no less of a bigot. To be biased or to throw someone out because you don't know them or because you have preconcieved notions about people is basically the definition of a bigot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 16:33 ]</font>

Russ2576
Nov 1, 2006, 07:36 PM
Too much cheater/hacker paranoia left over from the past PSO methinks.

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 07:41 PM
Well duh almost anyone can join this community but if you wish to be accepted your gonna have to make your self familiar a little, not everyone here will just accept you right off the back. Their are certin types of people we wish and don't wish to play with. Until we know what we're dealing some of us will be more than happy to let you in. Sorry but this is just the cold fact of how some people work around here.

*edit*
Theres a diffrence between being a bigot and being cauious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 16:51 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 1, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-11-01 16:36, Russ2576 wrote:
Too much cheater/hacker paranoia left over from the past PSO methinks.

Yea but this might wear off when the thought that FSOD and NPCing freaks no longer exist.

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 07:56 PM
Cautious is: Letting someone in, and seeing how they are and if they don't pass muster, then not associating with them.

Bigoted is: Not associating or discriminating against someone for whatever reason, without knowing anything about them.

If your walking down the street and see someone or something that makes you nervous walking your way, tensing up and looking around to check for possible avenues of escape and keeping your guard up is cautious. Crossing the street and trying to avoid looking at said person is discrimination.

I know what a bigot is, I've personally had to deal with them all my life and my grandfather was lynched by one during the 60s.

And from your comments so far, and my by my definitions which would most of you describe yourself as?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 16:59 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 08:17 PM
Well reguardless of what you think I don't find my self as a bigot. I don't play with people I don't know because.

1) I don't know them. (last time I check there was nothing wrong with that)
2) I think they are a @ss hole (make sense NOT to play with someone you dislike)

I kick people from my group because.
1) I don't know them. ( I didn't judge them in any way I don't lable people I don't know)
If the person was someone anyone of my other friends knew they that wanted him/her to join I'd let them in with no problem, I'd just leave the party. I'm just the type of person who dosen't want to have anything to do with the people I'm not familiar with. If that makes me a bad person oh well, what can I do about it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 17:20 ]</font>

Ninpo_Tamashii
Nov 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-11-01 16:56, Tyfreaky wrote:
Cautious is: Letting someone in, and seeing how they are and if they don't pass muster, then not associating with them.

Bigoted is: Not associating or discriminating against someone for whatever reason, without knowing anything about them.

If your walking down the street and see someone or something that makes you nervous walking your way, tensing up and looking around to check for possible avenues of escape and keeping your guard up is cautious. Crossing the street and trying to avoid looking at said person is discrimination.

I know what a bigot is, I've personally had to deal with them all my life and my grandfather was lynched by one during the 60s.

And from your comments so far, and my by my definitions which would most of you describe yourself as?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 16:59 ]</font>

C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!! (Dayum...you didn't need to hit him that hard....)

With that said, I think Jaiblue is trying to simply tell you to be a bit more social with folks. I sorta agree with you, in that I meet my best friends with people whom I work with on the field first, then get to know how they are afterwards. It just so happens that Jaiblue is one of those people who work visa-versa.

There are more approtiate/deeper forms of discrimination which you can call-out, but what he's mentioning is like going to the hostpital for a cold, when there's several people with the flu.

So what you should try to do, is post a bit mroe on the forums, get known, hell mabye even this thread could, link who your character is on psu, and get out in the places people are, and speak with them.

So give it a shot, and you dont' have to be on guarde here, trust me. My character's the splitting image of a drow, and I've had people leave parties I was in simply becuase they felt uncomfortable with the color of my character's skin. Ain't that some de-ja-vu?

The people here on PSO-World arn't about that, give it some time, and you will find a circle of individuals that you find will keep you intrested in PSU, and your expriences with it.

Mah 10 cents.

Ijirashii
Nov 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
I don't mean this offensively, so don't take it the wrong way. But at first it sounded like you were making a statement, but now it sounds more like you're tattling because someone won't play with you.

Well, having been a preschool teacher for a while, this is my response: "You can't make someone be friends with you, no matter how hard you try. What you need to do is either find someone else to play with, or just be a little more friendly. Show everyone what they're missing out on so that they will 'want' to play with you."

Just try talking to people in the lobbies, and make replies in forums. There are thousands of people in pso-w and I'm sure that not all are nice. A good few may be downright mean, so maybe its best if you try to make friends by showing your personality before fussing about not having any.

Edit:
Ack, posted this before seeing the previous post. The one above summed it all up, but I guess this means that a lot of people feel the same way.

Also, if you need a friend, I'm playing right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ijirashii on 2006-11-01 17:32 ]</font>

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 08:55 PM
Hehe thanks Nipo, did not mean to rupture his kidney, I was just trying to smack him around a little (just kidding)

And I agree with you methods Nipo but we are a little off topic, Im saying in general 95% of the groups are locked because of people like Juiblue. If thats the case then they should stop membership and only allow friends, on PSO, we all came here to play the game so let us have fun with you too.

Dont hold out the olive brance of friendship and then burn it when I go to touch it.

Basically what Im asking and saying is: This is an Open community or is supposed to be, so let it be open, and if it cant be open tell me why and I will go in peace....well mostly peace there might be some cursing and litigation, but you get my point.

Edit: I would love to make friends and I'm not tattling but let me ask you Ij...What would happen if a parent brought a kid to yoru school after seeing an advertisement saying you school accepts all comers, and when he gets there all the classes are locked and you have to tell him his son cant get in? And that there are plenty of spaces, but he is just not wanted?

Well thats how I feel when I try to play on the PSO 'friendly server' you friendly people are hding behing barriers and look at the beginging of the post, Im not the only who feels this way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 18:00 ]</font>

Tyfreaky
Nov 1, 2006, 09:04 PM
And I'm not nessicarily trying to make friends,if that comes about so be it. Just want to get a damn group on this server with all the 'friendly and compentant" PSO worlders who are supposedly on this server. But I have yet to meet any because there groups are all locked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

February
Nov 1, 2006, 09:08 PM
I only lock if I'm soloing for money, already have expected a full group or are with a small group of IRL friends. Otherwise I usually leave it open.

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 09:10 PM
Well then I guess the psow comminuity isn't as cake and ice cream as you thought it was, it's your choice or whether or not you wish to continue to stay here. But know this you are open to join, and by that we mean the community and only that..... just because a majority of the group dosen't let you in with them dosen't mean you will never be liked here. You can't get everyone here to accept you .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 18:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 18:15 ]</font>

Dhylec
Nov 1, 2006, 09:12 PM
I think one way to deal with this is to use the Match up forum to set up meeting with others here, so that the 'cautious' barrier is lowered before hand. It's a good way to give members a heads-up.

Also, PSO's certain instances of bad memory have left a sour taste in many players' mouth, I'd come to understand this. I hope the OP can too.

FenixStryk
Nov 1, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-11-01 15:23, Nani-chan wrote:
I feel kinda bad for locking my games but only because I am farming for meseta to pl my mag. (is always in stages 5 levels less)

I need to make about 20k meseta a day to pl it.20k a DAY? o_o;;
I personally gave up on powerleveling my PM. I'll do it whem I'm around Lv.30 or something, when 20k a day still leaves room for profit.

Ijirashii
Nov 1, 2006, 09:14 PM
Well, I'm playing Universe 15 right now, and I'm finding 40% unlocked groups.

And its not the school nor the teachers your having a problem with, is it? Its the members and their groups. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Don't worry about it mang, it just takes time. OR, if you're impatient, you could post a thread in the palyer matchup, telling what you are looking for.

Edit:

Well, it was at the time of my post. Now its back to 90% locked. Heh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ijirashii on 2006-11-01 18:19 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 1, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-11-01 14:47, Ijirashii wrote:
Well, in most cases the password is either: 1111 9999 1234 or 4321

I know I've open ed a lot of missions with those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Of course they usually end with a boot, but you may as well try them. >xD

Same here man. lol

Drayma
Nov 1, 2006, 10:03 PM
On the surface it is a community but there is an organization involved and it basically is about exclusion. It is dumb but the PSOW elites don't know what they believe in until you point it out to them.

DMG
Nov 1, 2006, 10:04 PM
Frankly, I have to agree with the OP and some of the others that have posted here. My experience on U15 thus far has been similar. In the one unlocked game my level I joined so far, I was greeted with "LOLZ someone forgot to set password1!@!"
Out of manners, I aplogized for intruding into an open game and left.

I'm not saying everyone in U15 is some sort of elitist jerk or anything like that at all. But, you have to admit that it's only natural that a trend like this would leave a sour impression on some of us newer PSOW memebers.
I didn't think too-too much about it until I saw this thread, but I see where the OP is coming from.

Nani-chan
Nov 1, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-11-01 18:12, FenixStryk wrote:
20k a DAY? o_o;;
I personally gave up on powerleveling my PM. I'll do it whem I'm around Lv.30 or something, when 20k a day still leaves room for profit.

Yeah I'm starting to get exhausted of it. Good news is it's lvl 50.

AzureBlaze
Nov 2, 2006, 12:29 AM
I can understand a bit where both sides are from...
BUT what is there to fear now?

Ok, you're new to here and (presumably to PS/O/U) so this is what used to happen: NOLing where it del your char for another, item theivery, PK, FSOD, RSOD, porn chat spams, password breakers, EXP stealers/hogs, spread needle morons, giant-talk-bubble spammers, screaming kiddies etc. All these types couldn't wait to join your unlocked game and attempt to kill you or annoy you into quitting.

BUT
None of that is present now. You can't hax, dupe, or really spam giant screen blocking things or porn. Also, the ability to kick reigns supreme. No one should fear open games because you can't really do anything besides cause a breif inconvenince before being kicked. So fearmongering no longer really works as an excuse.

I also understand the want to play with nice competent people.
I've been in so many games where greedy people hog everything constantly. I too am tired of hay bail raiders ignoring monsters, and FO-less games where everyone dies and lowers the rank. It just makes it less fun.

Dhylec mentions the matchup, which is good for planning ahead things. But stuff like this can be spontaneous, and not everyone is matched streight away. Also, you can't mail if you don't have a guild card already, which requires a pre-arranged meet n' swap. Unless you have a pre-established friend-base, this spells 'hassle'--which this was all about avoiding.

Solution:
If you're doing something private, and you don't want anyone coming in, WHY are you on a public meeting place? You already have all your friends' cards, you can easily arrange a diff uni. Make the game somewhere hella obscure, pass it, and hide hide away. Also, anyone who wants to find you doesn't need to look in your game, they've already got your card. I was on top secret business a lot on PSO, and we always went somewhere with like 2 dudes on it to play. Ninja-vanish!

Dependent on what I want is where I go. If I want to be alone or in a set group of friends (like we're doing Cmode and need 4 spec. guys) then we go unpopulated. But sometimes I want to meet new people/trade/shop/get a 4th/see who's out there, and then I do open games on wherevers' populated.

This may be a case of "your privacy is invading my public!" but I'm not sure what to do.

UltimateCarl
Nov 2, 2006, 12:36 AM
Well, I'd like to think I'm not a jerk... I'll be playing on 15 with open games. (Set to Normal: Order and Rare: Random, even!)

Mostly, though, that's because I'm totally unpopular here so I don't have anyone to prearrange games with. XD

Aaomi
Nov 2, 2006, 12:37 AM
When I lock my games it is because I'm playing with RL friends. When they aren't on I mainly join other peoples games.

-Crokar-
Nov 2, 2006, 01:08 AM
i play solo about 90% of the time. but i play in whatever universe it starts me in if i solo. if i want to play in a group i go to universe 1,2,or 3. im on the 360 version playing as Mr. Jefferson right now. if you see me and theres a password on it its usually 0976. i dont care if people join me. im not a hater like some

Garnet_Moon
Nov 2, 2006, 01:13 AM
I've met tons of people from PSOW on Universe 1.

CherryLunar
Nov 2, 2006, 01:14 AM
I locked one of my games on Universe 15 because I wanted to Solo and I don't want to be the ass to kick people. :|

Getintothegame
Nov 2, 2006, 01:26 AM
I try and make unlocked games. But when people join, I've noticed a lot of them just come in and walk out, even after I try to say Hi. It's weird.

Tyfreaky
Nov 2, 2006, 01:31 AM
here here Azure!! you made my point better than me. Its supposed to be a public Site sponcered server so if you are to scared to let people in why are you there? Because you want to be around other PSU members thats pretty much the only reason to pick this server. its low pop and damn near the last one......yet 90% of the old PSOers are hiding in passworded groups.

Its bigotry pure nad simple as the man said this is not the same game. on top of that I been beaten by caucasins for being black but you don't see me not associating with you guys do you? Your giving excuses but not reasons. Hey but if you guys are too good to group with us new guys its fine, but when people start avoiding PSOers because of their attitute towards others and locking you guys out of games, well Karma is a bitter pill.....

Kimil
Nov 2, 2006, 01:38 AM
Locked games... great.
I did want to play with you guys becuse I saw all of your Screens and thought it'd fun, you know, like watching tv and meating the star and hanging out

But w/e, Universe 1 and 2 hear I come.

Besides, I always like the random people I'd play with on PSO, thats why I like it.
I hated WoW because of the exclusiveness of parties,

CherryLunar
Nov 2, 2006, 01:40 AM
Don't base your judgement solely upon what someone is complaining about. You know that when people complain they lay things on really thick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sure, there were a lot of locked games, but that doesnt mean there were no unlocked games.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 2, 2006, 01:44 AM
Does PSOW have an IRC channel? If not, get one. We can then use a "Global Password of the Day" thing via spam on the channel. If you are open to PSOW-only members, use this password. I use a password I put on another forum I go to for people who see me to join, and it works. Only those who go to that forum know it.

You just need good faith in the people you allow to know it to not spread it to places like 4chan. They are having a field day at Raffon Field Base. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-01 22:45 ]</font>

Tyfreaky
Nov 2, 2006, 01:49 AM
Cherry is right. There are a few unlocked games, usually finders keeper or De ragon loot runs. And of the 6 games I entered that were unlocked i got booted from 4 of them. So yes I'm a tad bitter at the moment. And its not that there are locked games that bother me. Its that the majority of the games are locked.

And to be completely honest I may be taking this more personally than I should be, but I have a thing about cliques and people who think they are better than others, so when I went to Universe 15 and saw the blocks all my hopes for the PSU community pretty much came to a screeching halt.

if I 'layed' it on thick i apologise but as you have read I'm not the only one who has run into the issue. Just the first one to post it.

And it makes me gosh darned angry.

Edited: Someone said earlier that not everyone will accept you, when you join a community and that you have to try to get to know others in said community. True, but thats a tad hard when all the doors are barred and locked and everyone is shouting: "go away I don't know you".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 23:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-01 23:02 ]</font>

Solstis
Nov 2, 2006, 01:54 AM
I played with a bunch of PSOW'ers about 4 hours ago. It did take me to find a group to play with... y'know... 3 minutes or so. If you're going to be upset about the locked rooms on PSU, you're really letting yourself into a whole world of stress that you shouldn't be bothering with.

Relax. Strike a conversation with someone sitting around the lobbies if you have nothing better to do. Window shop until a public game comes up?

;o

Yoruichi
Nov 2, 2006, 02:08 AM
Cherry why the heck did you ask me if I was part of some PSU myspace and not PSOW?

cobfab
Nov 2, 2006, 02:24 AM
On 2006-11-01 15:47, JaiBlue wrote:

On 2006-11-01 15:19, Tyfreaky wrote:

Umm you kinda mis understood what I'm tying to say I usually lock my groups when I play on uni 15 because I don't ever want to see Mr. constipated in ANY of my groups ever... and yea I do admit I will in fact kick anyone I don't know, mainly because I didn't create groups to meet new friends, I create them to play with the ones I already have.

I rather play with the people I know because all of my friends have an understanding of what we would like to achieve, Plus they are able to tolerate my mistakes.

Wich is why I always suggest that no one should join random groups, there are a ton of ways to meet new people, do so off the field not on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-01 15:52 ]</font>

People should not join random groups? Meet new people off the field? How did you meet the friends you have? I bet it's the same as everyone else who meets online friends. What do you mean by off the field? You're on the field if you play the game. Off the field is when you're not playing the game or playing a different game so you're saying meet new people in real life. It's possible but are you going to go and ask people, "hey you play PSU?"...

I understand you want to play with your friends because you understand each other easily and get along well but guess what, so do some people who you kicked out because you don't know them and refuse to accept them or even give them a chance to blend in.

KirinDave
Nov 2, 2006, 02:34 AM
I've had some extremely awesome experiences on Universe 15 in Xbox 360. There are a fair number of locked games, but I keep finding amazing open games. Just recently, we did several runs through Parum then moved as a group to Neudaiz and ran through with some PSOW folks.

Good times.

Bluecowbank
Nov 2, 2006, 02:44 AM
When I was trying to farm for synth material and people 10 lvls lower than me would join and just loot everything, so I locked it, when U do it by urself U lvl alot faster and get more stuff, and some times people just feel like playing with a few friends, but I do enjoy partying with random people as well.

Rider
Nov 2, 2006, 02:48 AM
I don't post here often so I didn't know pretty much anyone. I went to universe 15 though after I found out about it and spotted Rizen and a few other people. I went over and sat there for a little bit and they invited me to the group. I've been grouping with them ever since and meeting new people through them.

With that being said I would suggest sitting outside the mission areas (usually the most populated) and talking to people. That way you get invited into those locked games and from there you can get partner cards and what not to get yourself set.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-11-01 23:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-11-01 23:51 ]</font>

Ninpo_Tamashii
Nov 2, 2006, 05:08 AM
On 2006-11-01 22:26, Getintothegame wrote:
I try and make unlocked games. But when people join, I've noticed a lot of them just come in and walk out, even after I try to say Hi. It's weird.

Your Mod tag spills with Uberness, Its detectable even in an online game without needing to be a GM.

(no not really but I'd be happy to join you in game, which applies to anybody really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) lol

Yoruichi
Nov 2, 2006, 05:23 AM
I don't play on 15 much at all, but since I'm finalizing my expert class pre reqs I'm upping weaponskill. I'll be around 15 making solo non PW games to level up weapon skills, I really don't mind if you join my games incredably low, just don't die on me and I'm happy.

Spacepest
Nov 2, 2006, 06:44 AM
I'm going to start making open games for the late nighters on the PC/PS2 version(those of us that start playing past 11 p.m. pacific time). You think the locked games are bad, try finding parties on any ship other than 1 or 2 past midnight on a weekday.

Miyoko
Nov 2, 2006, 07:20 AM
... 15 is the PSOW ship?... Huh. I play on 15, but... Me and my friends just kinda play there because it's there. >_> I didn't know it was the "official" ship.

Explains why I see familiar names, I guess!

DarkShadowX
Nov 2, 2006, 07:23 AM
I only lock is I'm soloing, if not then its normally open and set to Random/Order.

And a bit off topic: Hey there Rider, maybe we'll party wit the others later today before the maintenance. Also, don't get Angry at Ken lolz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-11-02 04:24 ]</font>

Shango
Nov 2, 2006, 09:31 AM
I play on 15 when there's any reasonable amount of activity there.. I play a hunter (15 atm) and almost always leave my games unlocked with loot set to order w/ rares on random. I like sleeping warriors a lot and if you ever see one of my games you are more than welcome to join. If I will be frequently afk or distracted and looking to solo, I may lock my game however this is a rarity. Forces and Rangers especially welcome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cerulean
Nov 2, 2006, 09:52 AM
I noticed this last night, too, when I finally got my own copy of PSU and got online.

(It's a long story, but my friend had PSU from launch and I didn't, so I knew from watching him play what to do when I got it, but I'm a week behind everyone.)

So, I go to Linear Line and go to Join and just about every group is locked!

I did meet a cool player last night (rain) but he's new to PSU in general (he's in the marines so he didn't get a chance to start up until last night). I don't think he has anything to do with PSOW, he was just there by chance.

I don't have enough exerience on Uni15 to judge it yet but I was a little suprised to see almost all the games were locked.

When I was at my friend's house and watching him play (and playing his character some of the time) he played on Uni3 or Uni2 most of the time. At least half of the games were not pw-locked in Uni3 when I watched him, and many were on Order/Random.

If 15 continues to be mostly pw-locked games I'll switch over to 3.

CherryLunar
Nov 2, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-11-01 23:08, Yoruichi wrote:
Cherry why the heck did you ask me if I was part of some PSU myspace and not PSOW?

I was just wondering if you were the same Yoruichi from the group. Theres one there too you know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aegias
Nov 2, 2006, 11:26 AM
Me and 3 long time friends play on 15, its locked because the times I did leave it open, nothing but hunters who dont know how to pot and dont know how to dodge join, and usually our force dies trying to heal people who dont know how to play. Elitist attitude maybe, i dont mind letting anyone in that ask, I want a six man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i love deragon/sleeping warrior farming for money and job xp, but not when people wont even put the effort in to help themselves, and crutch on our force. Our force is there for emergency heals not to be your heal bot. Sorry long winded http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif, if you want to play with my party your welcome to pm me on the board or yell at me in game were all level11-16 atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 11:29 AM
I met at least one of the guys that was listed in the *cool people* topic on Universe 15, last night. I simply had Tynselle create an open party that said "pso-world forum", so that it would be as glaringly obvious as the Joker's secret hideout. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, fortunately, the people were just generally cool, so I've been lucky so far. I'm hoping to hop around and find some more from this group.

DavisMarkin
Nov 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
Whenever I'm trying to farm for gun XP, or just XP in general, I try to leave the game on open w/ rares on random and loot on in order (I always have those two setup that way regardless of lock situation). Cause it just gets boring running through the same place without some new people coming through. Was a good idea too, I ran through the RELIC mission, and a hunter came to join me. Without her, I'd likely have failed (or had a REALLY hard time).

SpishackCola
Nov 2, 2006, 12:15 PM
The handful of times I've been in Uni15 I've found a vast majority (I wager to say about 85ish%) of the games locked. Great you want to build the community and all, but that doesn't happen if you don't allow people to play. Before all you people that do keep there games open freak out this isn't directed at all of uni15 mainstayers.

Ghen
Nov 2, 2006, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. I think the reason you see a lot of locked games is due to the fact that your team's performance directly affects your mission rewards. IT's not like in PSO where you can just pop in, die a bajillion times, and not have it affect the game.

Attaining S Rank in a mission is very important to people right now, the game just came out and the mantra of gamers right now is "progress". That means playing with people you are comfortable and familiar with, so you don't have to change play styles or pick up slack when Johnny Clueless the hunter walks in and almost dies, ruining your mission rank.

Now I'm not saying I personally approve of this. I'd rather just play with a bunch of people and socialize while I game. I can understand why there are a lot of locked games though. I'd be willing to bet when PSU isn't as shiny as it is, you'll see more unlocked games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghen on 2006-11-02 09:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghen on 2006-11-02 09:43 ]</font>

Dhylec
Nov 2, 2006, 12:46 PM
This thread is the wrong impress that many have about PSOW's universe. We suggested to have universe 15 as the main place of gathering for PSOW members to meet & play.

Please understand this: PSOW can not enforce or beg anyone to leave their game open. It's totally up to the players/members. Everyone here has the right & ability to lock or not lock his/her games. There are numerous reasons why, but I'm fairly sure they're all personal experiences, good or bad.

That's why I suggest pre-arranging your parties/teams here, meet those who are able & willing to play with you.

Cahill
Nov 2, 2006, 12:48 PM
Hmmm.. would it be unsensible for people to start creating "PSOW" rooms when they make games on 15 and want to hang with others from the forum? 15 is not dedicated to only PSOW. I know of another board that uses that Uni for their meeting place as well. Sounds like a few folks are looking for games to join and are having trouble. Why not try to create one of your own and leave it open *shrugs* see how that goes when you actually mark it as a PSOW room?

chibiLegolas
Nov 2, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-11-01 21:36, UltimateCarl wrote:
Well, I'd like to think I'm not a jerk... I'll be playing on 15 with open games. (Set to Normal: Order and Rare: Random, even!)

Thank you. I don't think it's that big of a problem as some might think. Wait till more ppl populate the world around x-mas (I'll be gett'n on in a few weeks myself & head'n straight for 15). And more ppl would be playing with open games with those settings (hopefully, since that's the prefered option from PSOW members).

I've mostly played in open games on PSOX, just cause I actually enjoy meeting new ppl. As long as they're mostly legit. And with PSU being so new, there shouldn't be that much of a problem anymore.

Hell, if anything, 15 will be the new legit lobby (from the psox days) where most games would be at least set at Normal: Order and Rare: Random.
It should also be viewed as a haven away from games that are set to Finders. That's what I forsee in the coming months.

Give ppl time dude. And just make your own open games with those settings. If you make them, they will come.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

chibiLegolas
Nov 2, 2006, 01:56 PM
On 2006-11-02 09:41, Ghen wrote:
Well, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. I think the reason you see a lot of locked games is due to the fact that your team's performance directly affects your mission rewards. IT's not like in PSO where you can just pop in, die a bajillion times, and not have it affect the game.

Attaining S Rank in a mission is very important to people right now, the game just came out and the mantra of gamers right now is "progress". That means playing with people you are comfortable and familiar with, so you don't have to change play styles or pick up slack when Johnny Clueless the hunter walks in and almost dies, ruining your mission rank.

Ah true. Obtaining S ranking is the closest thing to cmode at this point, no? Be rest assured then, when I'm working towards S-rank, I'll be sure to lable my games as such. Hopefully that'll help in getting serious gamers to join then. Getting A rank isn't bad either though if new ppl make mistakes.

-Crokar-
Nov 2, 2006, 02:13 PM
well im going to be on the 360 version in an hour in universe 15 playing as Mr. Jefferson my beast hunter if anyone wants to play. if there is a password its 0976.

b3n
Nov 2, 2006, 02:30 PM
I stay in universe 1 or 2. In universe 15 there is nobody on and most of the groups are locked.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 02:32 PM
The only issue I have with Universe 1 is that they are normally so packed I can't even get on them. I was hoping to touch base on those two, but during the time I was on, they were overloaded.

Genoa
Nov 2, 2006, 02:37 PM
KOS-MOS (F-cast) lvl.30ish, password is always 1337. I'm open to psow'ers. My fear isn't late people or anything, it's a low level dying on me and lowering the rank. But i'll let psow'ers in anytime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yoruichi
Nov 2, 2006, 02:56 PM
If I ever PW a game its gonna be 6969, but I normally only PW my game on the top 3 universes.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 02:59 PM
KOS-MOS. The one on the 360 servers?! If so, then I definitely met you online. Even was approaching the character level you mentioned, when I did. I partied with that one before with Magician.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-02 12:00 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Nov 2, 2006, 04:11 PM
As others have mentioned, there are a number of perfectly valid reasons why somebody might lock their game and I don't think it should really be considered something that reflects negatively on the site or community. Lobbies/Cities are there for a reason... it's a place to meet up and chat with other people, form groups, make friends, etc.. In addition, we have this great site and great community where members can talk to each other and make friends before even getting in the game (which is how many of the veteran PSOW members know each other and are able to quickly hook up in-game).

I've run into a number of people on Universe 15 who I recognize from the site, or who recognize me. I will typically exchange cards and be on my way. If we're close to the same level, I'll usually try to drop them a message some time and group up. Do I leave every game unlocked? No. Does it mean I'm an anti-social elistist? Of course not. Everyone has their own preferences and play style, and I don't think anyone has a right to be upset at how other people choose to play the game and spend their time online, let alone who they spend their time with. I think most PSOW members are more than happy to meet and play with fellow site members, but it is unreasonable to feel jaded and get upset when other players have an easier time forming groups and finding friends to play with due to their existing relationships here on the site.

It's not as if everyone from the site plays on Universe 15 in locked games by themselves. Sure, there may be a number of people in locked games, but they are typically PSOW members playing with other PSOW members, which was the entire purpose of trying to designate a common place for all of us to meet up online. Give it some time and put some effort into making friends on the site and in lobbies... I think you will find that it is really nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 04:11 PM
I tried goig there and its all locked, and Im not gonan sit outside "lfg" because thats not really neccessary in this mmo...whats bad with late comers? doesnt hurt your rank, but theirs.

honestly was hoping to play with psow'ers but doesnt really seem possible for the most part..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-02 13:13 ]</font>

Tyfreaky
Nov 2, 2006, 06:19 PM
That was kind of my whole point on the subject silver. but I have said my peace and will not say anymore on the subject.

I'm out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-02 15:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tyfreaky on 2006-11-02 15:24 ]</font>

Knoob
Nov 2, 2006, 07:02 PM
mine are usually locked because im soloing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif though i plan to play more openly when im a slightly higher level

Witchblade56
Nov 2, 2006, 07:40 PM
Heh~ I tend to make rooms that i play with my friends in open. Rares and items are set to : in order.

When my rooms are locked im usually solo farming for stuff to synth with. Personally i didn't get upset that the rooms are locked i have friends that i party with regularly enough. I have met some people outside of my little clique if you want to call it that.

There are more people that are coming from our LS on pandy as the days wear on. Feel free to drop in whenever; i dont much care that you show up late to missions when we are about to kill the end level boss or whatever. Met Kensai lastnight when he dropped in late. A Bunch of us level 16-18's took down the winged demon in Neudaiz lastnight with some ease. Thanks NotoriousZ for bein an awsome force!

Anywho feel free to pop in and say hi. Dont fret if the room is locked im playing solo then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Check the sig for names of characters that I play on.

FenixStryk
Nov 2, 2006, 08:04 PM
Besides the fact that 19 or 23 would've been better, I hate how none of the rooms are marked PSOW, yet people whine about how no one joins their rooms from PSOW. If you want PSOW members to join, please:

1) Put PSOW in your group Title
2) Set it to Normal: Order and Rare: Random
3) If a passowrd is desired, make sure it's 1457.
(We can debate the password later, but I like 1457.
1457, LAST, get it?)

So, yeah. Follow that setup and you will get joiners. Otherwise, stop whining about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-02 17:14 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 2, 2006, 08:13 PM

Best. Password. Ever.

FenixStryk
Nov 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-11-02 17:13, Zeta wrote:
1337. Best. Password. Ever.Too common.
7357, 1457, 0083
TEST, LAST, =3

I like uncommon patterns.

McLaughlin
Nov 2, 2006, 08:20 PM
I usually just use 1219, my birthday (month,day). No one bugs me, and it makes farming in Sleeping Warriors easy.

I'm very rarely on Universe 15 though.