PDA

View Full Version : Cast Guntechers... how is it?

myomer
Nov 1, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hey all.... made a Cast Ranger and with twin guns I am having a blast at low levels. She will be an alt so she will level slowly but I was wondering how well Casts do as Guntechers.

Reason I ask is because it looks like Guntechers are the only ones that can continue on with twin guns (i.e., S rank twin guns). And it looks like as a Guntecher prereq I'll have to spend 3 Force class levels to get there.

So... any Casts out there who are Guntechers (or who are planning to be one?)? If so, how are the Force levels like? Should that be taken sooner or later?

Markuswaters
Nov 1, 2006, 07:10 PM
The specialty classes aren't released yet.

Nani-chan
Nov 1, 2006, 07:12 PM
I thought a JP could answer his question though, he may be waiting a long time if that's incorrect.

Read that tap doesn't effect buffs though so am thinking cast guntecher myself.. It's just a how much are you devoted to overcome racial weakness thing.

Markuswaters
Nov 1, 2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah... sorry.

I kinda realized that after I had already posted...

Remedy
Nov 1, 2006, 08:08 PM
I could see it being a pretty cool concept, especially if you use a lot of bows. Bows hit like a truck, especially with the superiour Cast ATP behind them, and if you can throw S/D/R/A on yourself, even better.

bunnysama
Nov 1, 2006, 08:15 PM
I don't see any problems with it, since guntechers are more like rangers then forces in their play style (so I've read) meaning you'll still be playing to the CAST's strenghts of high ATP and ATA also self buffing never hurts.

myomer
Nov 1, 2006, 09:20 PM
Well the concern really is just getting through the 3 Force levels to get to the expert class. Essentially I wanted to stay with the twin guns all the way through S rank guns, and Guntechers are the only ones that can have those (according to PSUpedia). The Force stuff like heals and buffs are just icing on the cake. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hopefully it works out I have a cool concept for the character and I'm enjoying her a lot right now. Since she's an alt and I'm pretty casual I'm sure I won't reach those levels until they are released anyways.

FenixStryk
Nov 1, 2006, 09:23 PM
The 3 Force levels will actually go by fast, as long as you have a good team that doesn't mind helping out a CAST Force a bit.
As for the actual efficiency of Guntechers, besides the stat hits, the magic will be useful for Resta, Reverser, Megistar, etc, but its focus is Twin Handguns, Crossbows (my absolute favorite weapon), and Mechguns, with a hint of Sabers/Daggers.

Slorg
Nov 2, 2006, 01:57 PM
I've been doing the CAST FO for Guntecher expert class. I'm not sure how well a Newman (Seinfeld anyone?) can heal, but I do heals in excess of 380 hp at level 20. My wife is a hunter lvl 20 and has around 525 hp or something. My heals are more than sufficient at this level.

I am using a GRM Scepter(s) ground 5 times. The only 3 spells I have ever use these days are Resta, Reverser and Diga.

I still need a few levels in RA before the expert classes are unlocked but that's easy, job points are easy enough to get at any level.

klunka
Nov 2, 2006, 02:35 PM
I thought Bows used MST instead of ATP?