PDA

View Full Version : PvP be added?!?!?!?!

Yuskey
Nov 1, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hmmm, PvP... im rly bummed out that there is none, so i made this, im sure it will make no difference. but whatever, post any SUGGESTIONS for PvP being added to PSU here, so if SEGA ever does decide to add PvP, if they care, they have somewere to look.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
whoever is willing to use more monomates will win, simple as that. ovo would be dumb in this game unless it was default lvl and items http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AkiraXxx
Nov 1, 2006, 08:39 PM
This would be the greatest mmo if it had pvp. Like arena style like the old pso had were you ran through the area looking for one another. Specially if you could have 6 on 6 teams, or perhaps 3 v 3.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
Pvp would be extremly fun in this game, because of the ragdoll type effects that work with PA skills, you could send people flying in many diffrent directions with the proper combos of PA's

FenixStryk
Nov 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
I would like them to re-add the start w/ default items at Lv1 mode. Made it fun instead of OMFG HE HAS LABIS CANNON + MEGID or something to that extent.

Oyako
Nov 1, 2006, 08:42 PM
I would actually love some sort of PvP... if anything, Arena style PvP.

Too bad, as of now, the classes aren't designed to go against each other. Would be interesting to have teams, team scoring, standings, ect.

Or even better, planets that allow pvp :0 almost... .hack/roots ish... (T_T my friend got me thinking of .hack when I play PSU now...)

Yuskey
Nov 1, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-11-01 17:39, AkiraXxx wrote:
This would be the greatest mmo if it had pvp. Like arena style like the old pso had were you ran through the area looking for one another. Specially if you could have 6 on 6 teams, or perhaps 3 v 3.

i agree, i think there should B an arena, could be preset, for teams or just a giant battle royal, and duels would be nice too.

Garroway
Nov 1, 2006, 08:52 PM
I enjoy PvP environments and I hope that it gets added at some point, but I think it's a little but too soon to make that kind of change. I think it would be better if the developers wait for a little while and get a better feel for how the game operates in the real world. PvP really needs to be either included from the start, or added after around a year.

Kindaichi
Nov 1, 2006, 08:53 PM
On 2006-11-01 17:52, Garroway wrote:
I enjoy PvP environments and I hope that it gets added at some point, but I think it's a little but too soon to make that kind of change. I think it would be better if the developers wait for a little while and get a better feel for how the game operates in the real world. PvP really needs to be either included from the start, or added after around a year.

Totally agree..its to early

Oyako
Nov 1, 2006, 08:53 PM

and City of Heroes is a great example of that

JaiBlue
Nov 1, 2006, 08:54 PM
Do you guys really want to deal with this: http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5451/26019471938kg0.gif

Yuskey
Nov 1, 2006, 08:54 PM

Semi agreed, i think if it isnt from the start it should wait, i dont know about a full year, but untill the Dev's are ready to add it, whether that is 6 months or 15 months...

Yuskey
Nov 1, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-11-01 17:53, Oyako wrote:

and City of Heroes is a great example of that

Hmm.... CoH.... tha PvP started off kinda slow, and was and still is the cause of 90% of the nerfs.. i honestly loved it.. till i played WoW which was much more efficient in PvP... but i still love CoH, was my first MMO a few years back... 1st love in MMO's if u will...

Trinacepti
Nov 1, 2006, 08:59 PM
Arena PVP would be fine. I usually don't PVP much though. I prefer working together over against each other.

SonicTMP
Nov 1, 2006, 09:03 PM
PVP in an RPG causes for too many complaints which in turns makes the dev's rebalance for pvp and screws up the pve foundation. Besides battle mode was god awful in the lag and hit detection.

Itoshi
Nov 1, 2006, 09:06 PM
They should really make a "Arena Battle" type system. They should have a arena in each city, each segregated for the different levels. And instead of the running around looking for each other, it really should be a in closed battle field. And I would think that 3 vs 3 would be the best.

Garroway
Nov 1, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-11-01 17:54, JaiBlue wrote:
Do you guys really want to deal with this: http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5451/26019471938kg0.gif

That's easily the funniest thing I've seen today.

Yuskey
Nov 1, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-11-01 18:03, SonicTMP wrote:
PVP in an RPG causes for too many complaints which in turns makes the dev's rebalance for pvp and screws up the pve foundation. Besides battle mode was god awful in the lag and hit detection.

Thats what i was talking about before, i belive it is something that can be dealt with, but it does cause a lot of trouble. But still worth it, but the PvE nerfs are annoying when they are mainly for PvP purposes... but i still would rather have PvP, an arena would work, or even events... you could set up different typs of matches, like City of Heroes arena, or Halo even, maybe a capture the flagg, or deathmatch, or just an all out fight, or a point based objective game, anything... Before i said that if the game doesnt start out with PvP it should be awile before they add it, i think duels shouldnt have to wait, one on ones in the city's should be ok. If someone has a problem with duels, and complains, dont duel... it isnt part of the game itself, it isnt requiered, so any class imbalances dont neccesarially have to be fixed ( i kno i cant spell.) So it wont cause to much trouble. But will please the few that love PvP and just have to have it. and those who dont care for it and just whine about imbalances in all games.... dont duel...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuskey on 2006-11-01 19:17 ]</font>

Dihnekis
Nov 1, 2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah battle mode was pretty much a waste of time back in the day... but it was fun to try and prove who was more badass.

A well implemented arena style of play similar to guild wars would be awesome. I couldn't get into guild wars, because basically it was so close to PSO in gameplay but so far away in weapons/techs and stuff... 6v6 with objectives and stuff would be awesome.