PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to...

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 1, 2006, 11:18 PM
Give us the option to keep japanese songs/voices in the offline game and have the english sub titles...

Sheesh I just got the game today, got to play maybe 2 hours before work and while the voice acting is not as bad as some had made it out to be, I just dont see why this option was not included. Its not like any work needs to be done, the english subtitles are already there, just let us use the original japanese voices on the characters.

The only work that would have to be done would be adding subtitles to the CG scenes and songs.

I for one would have liked the game 8x more if they had done this, its a pretty standard option in most japanese --> english games.

I know alot of japanese personally and can speak a simple conversation and know the entire hiragana and katakana alphebets by heart but kanji is my downfall and there is too much kanji present in a japanese game for me to buy the japanese version as a valid alternative. (RPG's are the worst since there are so many items)

I know there is no changing it now but I would hope they do this for any future games, maybe sombody with some skills can "mod" the game to have the japanese voices.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 1, 2006, 11:26 PM
Actually the song was recorded sung in English.

As for games with Japanese voice options, I've only seen a few games do this entirely: Soul Calibur II and III, the .hack series, La Pucelle Tactics (other Nippon Ichi games had the option of Japanese language but for story dialogue only; battle noises were either full English, or that weird Japanese/English hybrid the original Disgaea had).

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 1, 2006, 11:34 PM
I have alot of the .hack games thats one souce of that, also I have all th soul calibur games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (not no3 but 1 & 2) and you can put it full japanese in the options.

I have shogun, a anime style fps game like this one with japanese/english.

I think it would fit the style of the game so much more to be in japanese and you can avoid the bad dubbing.

also its a great resoucse to refresh/learn japanese from.

peenk
Nov 1, 2006, 11:52 PM
anyone notice that one of the BEST voices is missing?
JP version had that robot voice speaking japanse (duh) but with some english words in mix as well, like:
system "japanese word"

so instead of grunting like all the other voices do, it would say "system check/reboot" or something ... it was obviously for the CASTS and I dunno about you guys but I cant find it in NA PSU,
so is it not there? or ? .... cause already kool CASTS are even better with that voice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif(

ShadowTH1000
Nov 2, 2006, 12:42 AM
>.> I know I was so mad when they didn't include the JP VAs. Space on the DVD isn't really a problem since I have the JP version and the game is on a dual layer DVD taking 5ish GB.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 2, 2006, 12:47 AM
like I said I dont think I can make the JP version of the game my main version tho :/ and can you even play online with it? I know I tried way back when with PSO v1 on DC and it was a pain in the ars to play on the japanese servers.