PDA

View Full Version : How do I bypass the filter?

McLaughlin
Nov 1, 2006, 11:42 PM
I now have proof that Sega hates money!

They've banned the word in text chat! You cannot say "money" in PSU (on the 360 at least).

That filter blows >_>

Numnuttz
Nov 1, 2006, 11:44 PM
lol o man

Kindaichi
Nov 1, 2006, 11:46 PM
This is gettign out of hand, why cant they fix the dam thing.

MasakaWray
Nov 1, 2006, 11:49 PM
I can say "Money" on the PC version, I can also say "Sega".

Maybe it's just the 360 version that has the messed up censor.

Kindaichi
Nov 1, 2006, 11:51 PM
i think they just can leave it alone and we all will use voice chat,

Akaimizu
Nov 1, 2006, 11:54 PM
You can say money if you put a question mark right after it. Strange, no?

Mural
Nov 1, 2006, 11:54 PM
i can say it on the ps2 verson

paledragon
Nov 1, 2006, 11:55 PM
lol, could be because they don't want people begging for money. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And they don't want them to potty mouth Sega, rofl. (These aren't serious answers here for those that didn't catch on)

XICougarIX
Nov 2, 2006, 12:02 AM
Well it appears they hate themselves,Microsoft,and money at least they don't hate shoes now.....

Saner
Nov 2, 2006, 01:04 AM
it took me 11 tries to type something for my shops ad so that it doesn't transform into censor symbols.

what were they thinking???? we have to resort to baby talk?

paledragon
Nov 2, 2006, 01:06 AM
I think it's a bug, a problem. I don't think they really meant to censor all these words.

Carnage781
Nov 2, 2006, 01:13 AM
I've seen ppl type cursesw and words that get censored, how is this done?

Blitzkommando
Nov 2, 2006, 01:37 AM
Some words are not filtered when adding an 's' or 'ed' to the end. I said 'damned' earlier tonight and it was not filtered, along with a slew of others such as 'fucks'.

rena-ko
Nov 2, 2006, 01:59 AM
censor filters are stored serversiden, so i guess someone has to tell them.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 2, 2006, 02:07 AM
I tried some random things in PSU and here's what I couldn't say...

barely 18
pedo
crack
blow
pork

What I could say...

penisbird
pedobear
loli
shota
shouta
world of warcraft
microsoft
hideo kojima
shigeru miyamoto
4chan

What an odd censor list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-01 23:24 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 2, 2006, 02:08 AM
yeah, miyamoto definitely needs to be banned.

try yuki naka tho.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 2, 2006, 02:20 AM
lol barly 18 is blocked, i wouldnt think it would be.

guess now you cant yell at dancing loli girls in the lobby "show me the &^**@" (money) lol

Superguppie
Nov 2, 2006, 04:50 AM
Hmmm, let's all learn Dutch. Chances are you can say just about anything in Dutch, including all the curses you want.

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:52 AM
I know how to bypass it but that's secret..besides it don't work much. A lot of people do things/like/this/ or t/h/i/s. It seems pretty effective when your mailing and such.

Pandatron
Nov 2, 2006, 07:46 AM
Just add a 's' or 'ing' to all your words it solves all your ^_^.

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 07:50 AM
i couldnt say 'START IT' it bleeped it out x360..i agree this filter sucks ass

Zabot
Nov 2, 2006, 08:15 AM
As Ryogen stated earlier. you can totally bypass the filter by putting slashes after eachh letter, or inbetween the word such as. F/U/C/K or FU/CK. dont use F.U.C.K it picks it up, also for some words, adding Z to the end, such as HELZ, or FUCKZ it filters.

also a special treat for everyone. if you want something to switch to a different color, type {color that you want} then text.

EX. {red} b {blue} l {purple} a {green} h
would show up as blah, but b would be red, and soforth.

"Peace, hope this helped

Edit: oh i forgot, the reason it filters things like "Got it" and such is because i gues it thinks your going to say t it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-11-02 07:22 ]</font>

Shrevn
Nov 2, 2006, 08:57 AM
kids be creative you wanna say sh*t say s*yt instead... wanna say fu*k? say *ukk...

yes censors suck but humans are smarter then censors

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 2, 2006, 09:24 AM
On 2006-11-01 22:04, Saner wrote:
it took me 11 tries to type something for my shops ad so that it doesn't transform into censor symbols.

what were they thinking???? we have to resort to baby talk?

all my fwends invited to my cheep cheep birdie shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

psow come one come all!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Its not that big a stretch for you compared to your other posts, cmon now! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

And then again, it will probably be switched around soon enough, like back in the beta with days where every last letter was censored.

Made a fool out of you when you typed out a mail to send and hitting enter to go into the confirm menu wasted all your time by censoring everything in it, all of which wasn't swearing.

RoninJoku
Nov 2, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-11-02 04:46, Pandatron wrote:
Just add a 's' or 'ing' to all your words it solves all your ^_^.

Exactly! You can also ad 'ed' to solve it. Aparantly, Sonic Team doesn't know about past tense, progressesive tense, or plurality!

Here's an interesting thing that you CAN say on the server- "fucking retarded bitches" But yea, basically anything that you add a suffix to gets right by the censor. There are a few exceptions though, like "drugs" and "nazis".

Merumeru
Nov 2, 2006, 10:09 AM
I just add '~' to the end of most my words and its uncensored XD so weird how many words they didnt bother to filter though

AppieDPC
Nov 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
On 2006-11-02 01:50, Superguppie wrote:
Hmmm, let's all learn Dutch. Chances are you can say just about anything in Dutch, including all the curses you want.

Uhm Dutch gets screwed with "Hoe" (Dutch for "How").
Found out about the slash in the Beta when I saw that this filter is even more retarded than the PSO one. You'd think they would grow a brain and have an option for a filter in the menu like just about every other online game? Oh well, long live voice chat =D

Sexy_Raine
Nov 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
Segas filters just suck. You can say FU, but you can't say F.U.

Oh, and World of Warcraft should've been censored, I can understand that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-02 07:14 ]</font>

Firedancer
Nov 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
Does it still censor "Saturday"? That always made me lol in PSO.

RoninJoku
Nov 2, 2006, 10:25 AM
On 2006-11-02 07:19, Firedancer wrote:
Does it still censor "Saturday"? That always made me lol in PSO.

No... Infact I would say the reason the filter is the way it is in PSU, is because of silly things like "Saturday, Frozen shooter, basement, hey man good job". So to combat the problem of dirty words being used within real words, they tried to allow real words to bypass the filter. But they did in a very lazy way so that all you have to do is add letters before or after the swear to make it safe...

Wouldn't it have been easier to just censor all the grammatical forms of every swear they could think of rather than laying out this code that is totally unpractical?

Zabot
Nov 2, 2006, 10:26 AM
Words of Wisdom. on the 360, you cant swear or anything in text chat. cant say fuck, 420, got it.

Yet, you can blah "MOTHER FUCKER!" over Chat. why not just do away with the chat system?

Its probably because you can only chat in parties.(and that doesnt even work most of the time) and the people who arent in one could "possibly be offended"

LOL just think its funny