PDA

View Full Version : Awakened my PM.

Valatar
Nov 2, 2006, 03:15 AM
After dayyyyyyyys of painful work, fruit has been borne!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7865/transformlu7.jpg

My PM, Mary, has finally awakened into her final form, and I should have her at 100 on Friday. One thing I've noticed, however, is that her success rate on armor is capped at 70% on a no-luck day. The percentage boost for using non-elemental photons applies, of course, bringing it close to 100%, but I was hoping for a bit better than 70% on elemental armor. I have yet to run across a lucky day, so it remains to be seen what that will do for her synthesis odds.

Anyone needing a good armorsmith can just PM me or may run across me in my shop; the character's name is Cyllix. I'm still trying to decide what a fair price is for synthing things for others, but I promise not to break any banks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

[Edit: Oh, and things apparently work differently for the online PMs than people were reporting from extra mode. Mary did NOT get any extra boost to her crafting percentages for any of her evolutions, and her percentages for non-armor items never dropped. Her chances of making a dagger remained steady at 76% throughout all of the leveling.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valatar on 2006-11-02 00:18 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Nov 2, 2006, 03:21 AM
Which system are you offering for? I'm sure you'll get some offers for things like gigaline and such, they have about 33% success for non armor PM's and take so much nanocarbon. ; ;

Remedy
Nov 2, 2006, 03:21 AM
Lucky dog. =/

I've still got 74 levels of Technic to go until Cura is awakened. *scowls*

Also, I may be looking into a Light-elemental Gi-senba from you sometime in the future.

Valatar
Nov 2, 2006, 03:24 AM
Oop! Good question, I should have thought of that. I'm on the PC/PS2 server.

Elleranda
Nov 2, 2006, 03:30 AM
Boy, it's suprising that people have already got their PMs to this level.

Then again, I have been neglecting mine and it's at level 16.

DarkSeph
Nov 2, 2006, 03:45 AM
Question, I think this is a good question but we will see. Does it help Percentages in Creating Weapons, Armor, etc, if you level up a specific catagory, like Striking or Armor? I have always wondered that.

And any opinions on what is best, to level up evenly if possible or just focus on one particular stat?

Thanks in Advance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elleranda
Nov 2, 2006, 03:53 AM
Raising up a certain stat definitely helps with the related weapon or armor synthing percentage.

SonicTMP
Nov 2, 2006, 04:38 AM
nice nice. Now take her into battle with you and get her combat levels up. That's rumored to help the synth rates a little bit.

DarkSeph
Nov 2, 2006, 04:41 AM
Thank You Elleranda. Now I'll just have to choose which one I want to focus on. Definately not Support items. I guess I will go for the Striking mostly since I am a Hunter, and maybe then I can make a Flourescent Bulb without it breaking and only getting a Scape Doll

....I shouldn't complain, i've heard of people getting Monomates for that.... OUCH!

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:45 AM
Congradulations! Now, you must destory it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryven
Nov 2, 2006, 04:45 AM
4 tries with Twin Ripper, Dimates each time. =

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know... if creating items helps lvl up the PM? Just wondering. Ive been feeding my PM stuff and not really worrying about making gear/items.
Thanks

Kindaichi
Nov 2, 2006, 09:32 AM
Man i still got 40 lvls to go

drmcst45
Nov 2, 2006, 09:35 AM
i got mine as well today, congrats!

looks like u put in teh good work to get that PM.

Kanore
Nov 2, 2006, 09:39 AM
I'm not close at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 09:43 AM
I'd be curious to see just how effective of a CC NPC your 440 turns out to be....for example, what art it uses, how active is it on trying to control incoming groups, etc.

Post more when you put it out on the field of battle and let us know.

Valatar
Nov 2, 2006, 10:55 AM
Making items didn't increase her crafting stats at all, only feeding did that. As far as combat goes, I haven't had much of a chance to try her out, but from what I've seen so far she has the same bad AI as everything else and is prone to just standing around. When she does decide to shoot things, however, whipping out a shotgun and dual pistols with electrical bullets seemed to result in a lot of enemies winding up paralyzed and dead in short order.

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 11:02 AM
hmmm, so she's not very proactive huh? But she procs shock, so that's always good. I wonder if that's because of what it says at the bottom of the PM's description (where it talks about tactics and such). Maybe it's partly a coding bug and partly intentional that she's like that?

I'm only asking cause 450 is taking a VERY long time for me and I was thinking that a good CC npc could be beneficial equally to how I play...but if she's very passive I guess I'll just stick with my original plan then.

Valatar
Nov 2, 2006, 11:08 AM
Well, 'passive' is relative. She won't start blazing away at everything the moment she steps into a room and kill all the stuff for you while you tag along behind her. But then she'd be stealing all of the kills and taking the experience, so that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing. As it is, she still managed to kill a few things before I could get to them and tag them. By the time you've approached a monster to get into melee range, it's close enough to her that she'll start shooting it, so she should be fine for any hunters. Rangers and forces, though, will likely see less use from the PMs if they keep a distance from the monsters.