PDA

View Full Version : Do you need xbox live gold to play online?

SkeeUK
Nov 2, 2006, 04:37 AM
I wanted to ask a question in new on this forum.

i am struggling to think shal i get the xbox 360 version or ps2 version?

if i get the 360 version as well as the gaurdians licence, do i also have to get live gold or will live silver work with it?

and last thing, i was thinking the ps2 version might have more players online than the 360 version?

whats your thoughts

Regards
SKee_uk

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:38 AM
Nope, you can play with silver.

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:40 AM
X360 have a really nice community in my opinion and a lot of players. When Europe gets it....(they got it yet? lol) we will be pretty big, then Japan....when your playing with the X360, your playing with the world. WIth PS2/PC, your playing with US only if your in the US and Europe only if your playing in Europe...somthing like that, but I think both have a good community. I would go with X360 though....depends on what you like.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 2, 2006, 05:22 AM
I go PC because its easier for me to do that when its my center of entertainment, already has the keyboard, internet, ect.

I dont have a 360, but I do have a PS2 so Id have to hook the PS2 to a worthy TV, lose my ground soundcard/headphones, get the keyboard/broadband adapter ect ect.

I do wish we were linked to the jp comunity tho :/ those are my friends and family.

there are some other good reasons I got it on PC too.

SkeeUK
Nov 2, 2006, 10:26 AM
Hello

thanks for the replies, if all i need to do is buy the guardian licence then il go for 360, plus it sounds a bit better with multi reigon servers just like in the good old pso days.

i was actually going to re-buy a ps2 just for this game, but looks like its the 360 version now

i think its out in a couple of weeks and i cnt bloody wait to get my hands on it, the old DC and GC pso days were memorable and im looking forward to more

i really hope there is no cheating this time including the dupe bugs they had in Gc version of episode 1+2

hope to c u all on there in a couple of weeks(fingers crossed)

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 10:37 AM
Honestly, I couldn't play on the 360 if I wanted to, cause my GF would stab me if I ate up time on the same LCD TV as the DVR with all of her recorded shows....

I suppose I could just hook it up to the monitor however. But again it seem like a bit of work to do something that I could just play on the comp just as easily.

As for the community, well JP wont be a big contributer to the community as you might think on 360 (since it's like in dead last in the console wars)....but yes you're right, there is a bigger potential for people on the 360 vs. off of it. the 360 is the "in" thing right now and you dont have to screw with graphic settings on the 360 like you do with the PC.

I guess the final nail for me was all of those problems they were having with Voice Chat on live...I was having the same probs too on the beta, and while I do understand that it was a beta and problems like this happen....in the end it was just one more thing to nudge me towards the PC. Funny thing is, so far, I've yet to even see one person I've teamed up with with voice chat on the PC so far. So go fig....

Edit: Oh and by the way, should any PSOW ppl on here on the 360 should happen to also get Small Arms, let me know...as I'd love to get a multi game going in between running missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-02 07:39 ]</font>