PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and I need answers

GreySparrow
Nov 2, 2006, 06:07 AM
I'm kind of lost. So, I'm level 7 because a friend of mine was on for like 30 minutes and he powerleveled me. Now I'm aimless. I like hacking and slashing, so I chose to be a hunter, but I don't know what missions I should be doing. And why do I only get a few mission points when I finish a mission?

So, where is a good place for a level 7 newbie? Any chance I can also use guns? What can I do about money? Is there a faster way to level up my class? I just need a good newbie guide to get me started.

Ecstasy
Nov 2, 2006, 06:25 AM
Get to lvl 10, and start running Dragon C on parum.

RuinedReBirth
Nov 2, 2006, 06:37 AM
You can start in Linear Line on Guardian Colony (Floor 4) to start you off if you're having problems. Try to join parties with people your level so you can focus on making friends. Try and make friends with a force as fast as you can. He/she will save you a bunch of money in the long run. Parum is where you will be focusing for awhile, but later, for more diversity, go to Neudaiz and check it out.

Attempt to join games of your interest, Give finder, Set in order...Give finder is my least favorite. I refuse to play that crap. You can get money simply by joining a game and getting S rank. S rank is achieved when no one in the party dies and all enemies are killing. Time is of no issue.

To be a good hunter, you should expand your library of Photon Arts. Photon Arts are skills attached to a type of weapon (for example: Rising Crush with Saber) that level up time and time again. These PA level ups increase ATP and ATA on the skill. Then, at level 11 of the photon art, you will receive an extra combo with your weapon. The object is to have multiple PA's and multiple weapons. Try to fill your weapon palette with different weapons. I have all of my weapons completely different (besides 2) and all 5 of my melee PA's sit at 15+.

In my opinion, if a hunter doesn't abide by this...they aren't a very good hunter and they will bring your party down because he/she has to recharge their weapon's PP. The object of a hunter is to provide the most/a lot of damage and eliminate the enemy as efficient and as quickly as possible. Rangers offer excellent support status' and damage, they are a good bundle to have. Forces...well, forces are a must. Your party will simply rock the house if your force is a good healer. I found a few good healers and we've been playing since. It's actually fun. =)

Good luck.