PDA

View Full Version : New Solo Tip!

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure if you know about this BUT...

A friend today told me that i can create a party and add a NPC to help me out with missions!

He doesnt take any items or exp. The helper is always 3 lvls higher then you too! So if you have problems with soloing you can have him/her help you out. It will be eaiser to get S rank. He also heals himself and doesnt use any of your potions.

Ive seen different types of partners but im not sure if you can get a Force type.

Anyways, This is the tip... create a party and add this NPC to help you do your missions. Create a password so no one comes in and ninja your loot/money. It will fly by faster with his help.

ONE BAD Thing about NPC partners... They wont STFU!!!! They keep spamming you with messages. It sucks you can't shut it off but o well.

Hope this helps everyone!
Tornasu
Beast Hunter 20.

P.S. for those that already know this or had this posted somewhere else... sorry!!!

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know if we can recruit different NPC?

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 09:39 AM
Depends on what NPCs you're referring to....

If you mean your PM, then yeah they do help out.

If you mean all the other ones, like the Tutors for example, they suck....basically their AI is really broken. So unless you're looking for a dummy target to give the mobs, they're more of a liability then a benefit.

Dhylec
Nov 2, 2006, 09:40 AM
As far as I know, you can only enlist the NPC of your race. Also, only the leader can do that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-02 06:40 ]</font>

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 09:46 AM
Well yeah for right now all players have at best, access to two NPCs only....your PM and your Tutor.....so if you're a beast, it's Leo. If you're a Newman, it's Ms. Shidow (The Chick with the glasses and the fishnets leggings). If you're a human, it's Hyuga (the pretty boy with the Flippant Hairdo). I'm not 100% sure about CASTs, but I think it might be Lou for them.

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 09:52 AM
o damn. I was hoping we can find other NPC's to help us besides our PM.

CherryLunar
Nov 2, 2006, 09:59 AM
On 2006-11-02 06:46, AngelLight wrote:
Well yeah for right now all players have at best, access to two NPCs only....your PM and your Tutor.....so if you're a beast, it's Leo. If you're a Newman, it's Ms. Shidow (The Chick with the glasses and the fishnets leggings). If you're a human, it's Hyuga (the pretty boy with the Flippant Hairdo). I'm not 100% sure about CASTs, but I think it might be Lou for them.

Casts get Lou. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 10:03 AM
heh...so correct me if I'm wrong, but then CASTs are trapped in Lolibot Land with their NPCs huh?

Wow, that has to be a sugarery sweet wonderland to play as http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 2, 2006, 10:13 AM
CASTs should have gotten Nav IMO, he would be a cool instructor for them to have.

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if you can have the PM and the NPC on a team? My PM isn't high enough to group with.

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 10:37 AM
What happens if NPC or PM's die?

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 10:40 AM
NPC or PM deaths count against your score....thus the main reason why most dont take their tutors with them.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention that there are more NPCs coming up in the first expansion coming out soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-02 07:41 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 2, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-11-02 06:46, AngelLight wrote:

I saw that and was very upset, i was hoping it was ethan. that would be very int eresting running around with ethan waber, dont you think?

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 10:43 AM
There's a reason why it's not Ethan....it has to do with the first expansion.

mechatra
Nov 2, 2006, 10:44 AM
Along with the first new online mission update you'll be able to get Leia Martinez's Partner card.

Flunky
Nov 2, 2006, 11:26 AM
In my experience, Lou isn't actually that bad of a NPC partner.

While she starts with a rifle, she quickly switches over to either a twin saber or double saber, which she'll advance to 21+ PAs with once she hits about 31 (so when you're 28). She wears good armor, and even has an SUV (the forward firing gatling gun). Granted she's a complete idiot about when to fire the SUV, but apart from that she'll fight effectively enough if you get her to work on a single target.

She's actually quite powerful and durable, especially with the double-saber PA. I always take her along if I'm going it alone, and it helps a bunch. The only time I've had to ditch her mid-mission to avoid her death was going through the blasted temple, for obvious foie-chucking and suicide-exploding robot reasons.

realize
Nov 2, 2006, 11:31 AM
but how do u add the npcs?

in leader right before starting a mission?

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 11:32 AM
Well Maya sucks hard imo....she'll sit there, crossbow in hand and look all pretty while she gets ganged up on by 3 or 4 mobs at once. Then should she still be alive, she'll scream "Everyone Scatter!" and STILL just stand there while she's getting wailed on......maybe after 6 or 7 secs of this she'll FINALLY decide to shoot her dinky crossbow at stuff once for pittily damage before standing around some more waiting for her paddling at the hands of the same guys.

Yeah.....AI sucking doesn't begin to describe how useless NPCs are from my experience but again, I've not used Lou before so who knows.

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 11:33 AM
When you're forming your party, just send an invite to the NPC's partner card (they should be at the top of your list).

Kaizah
Nov 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
i know the npcs arent very smart and can be a liability, but so far i've found the havind maya shidow (who is a force) is somewhat useful if you cant seem to get one to group with. now dont rely on her to heal you all the time but she can save you some mates.

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 12:17 PM
wait a min Maya shidow can heal? NPC are usefully if they can take the mobs off of you for a few seconds. But it sucks if they die...

Wish the beast NPC can heal... o well..

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
Already made that topic a while a go. Just to let you know, bing that you have an NPC, your exp does divide as if you had two people in your party, but you do get all the items.

EDIT

Hyuga Ryght also heals too, and heals the party when he wants too. Also if your NPC dies you will lose a grade too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-02 09:55 ]</font>

Zakuro
Nov 2, 2006, 01:08 PM
Lou makes a great partner for a Ranger. Her damage output is decent and doesn't seem to be too hard to get her to attack most of the time. She rarely gets hurt with me firing at the enemies around her and when she does get low, she takes out a rod and heals herself. It takes her a few casts since her resta isn't that strong, but it was a nice surprise when I thought she was going to die.