PDA

View Full Version : Based on the JP version, when can we expect...

RoninJoku
Nov 2, 2006, 10:36 AM
...Content updates?

Yea, so as the developers have said, the US version is supposed to stay at a set interval behind the JP version as far as content updates are concerned. But because of all the problems that came with the initial JP launch, I'm a bit lost as to where we stand in correlation to the JP servers. Also, I can't quite remember when certain updates came, and what came with those updates.

So basically, anyone have any speculation on when we will get our first update? And what will be included on it? Was it Moatoob? Level cap? Weapon types? Epert classes? Missions? Clothing?

Just trying to get an idea of when we can expect what...

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 10:46 AM
There's a nerf coming up for rangers on procs....followed by more spells, missions, weapons, rares, and the new planet.....and I've heard that the JP players are now currently waiting on a new buff for rangers on what I think is how their PP consumption/regeneration goes (dont have all the details on that one yet).

Hajile
Nov 2, 2006, 10:54 AM
I would assume like most that the major motoab update will come in the next 2 weeks or so , prolly around the same time of the EU release. Altho i think the JP version got the ranger balances cuz they actually used the submit forms on the offcial site , instead of whineing in a forum.

I'd like to know what that 100+ mb patch you download in the PC version is for.

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 11:21 AM
Heh.....Whineing on a forum doesn't help?!?! Never knew that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Do you mean the first patch before you first start the game?

RoninJoku
Nov 2, 2006, 01:32 PM
I was kinda under the impression that balancing issues would be applied immediately and that some of them were addressed in that first patch we had to download. I don't know why they would withold on that kind of stuff. It's not really "content"

Can anyone tell me exactly how long it took after the JP release for the first content update though (or how long after the server restart)? I know what is coming already... What I wanna know is when it's coming. Also which of the new content is in which update. I know I'm being picky about this... But what I really want is like... A schedule (based on the JP updates) of when new content can be expected. Since I don't really think the US site will keep us very informed.

Talin
Nov 2, 2006, 02:29 PM
There was a post on the US Phantasy Star Universe forums from someone that quoted one of the Sega execs. I don't have a link handy, but a quick summary of it is as follows:

Sega is "tentatovely" planning on staggering JP and US updates along the same delay pattern that the US and JP releases were done. So if the JP game came out 3 months prior to the US, we will receive the update 3 months later than they do.

This isn't an official policy, but I can see three months as being a "maximum" split between the content/update releases.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 2, 2006, 02:37 PM
Isnt Tonight a Maintenence? Will they be adding anything?

Talin
Nov 2, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-11-02 11:37, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
Isnt Tonight a Maintenence? Will they be adding anything?

Not very likely, unless it is a quick hotfix for some of the issues in the last week.

I have a feeling Sega (a la Clumsy) will announce when a patch will be implemented to unlock content. Does anyone know if the JP version received advance notice?