PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone grind a weapon to 10?

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 10:36 AM
Just wondering if anyone been able to grind any type of weapon to 10? How much of a difference is it? I was able to grind my spear to 2. I'm too afriad of goign any farther... i dont have another 9k to spend =(

DavisMarkin
Nov 2, 2006, 11:53 AM
I usually only go to 5, and that's if I'm feeling lucky. If the chance is any lower than 'very high', I say forget it. Which means that it's very unlikely I'm going to go for +10!

Cahill
Nov 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
Nope. I've ground 4 weapons so far and the highest I went was 7.. I only had Lv 1 Luck when I did it. After one "50/50" success I decided not to push it.

segadrm10
Nov 2, 2006, 11:59 AM
the highest i went is 2 on a B class weapon maybe ill go for more when i have more money/

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 2, 2006, 01:36 PM
Going past 2 isent worth it unless you are rich

Lnin0
Nov 2, 2006, 01:42 PM
I dont understand the grinding. What is the number in parans () On the weapon discription screen? I thought that was the level of the weapon but it just seems to be the number of times you have grinded it.

I applied a +2 C grind to one weapon and a +3 C to a matching weaspon. Both went up the same in attack power when I was done and both said (1) on the weapon screen. I don't see where the +whatever number makes a difference.

I have a +10C grind but have yet to use it because I want to be sure I know what I am doing.

Kuya
Nov 2, 2006, 01:53 PM
Going past 5 is worth it when it doubles the ATP of the weapon you bought. As long as you use high success grinders with 3 star luck you'll be fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The +number at the end of the grinder has an increased chance of success. There's an entry on PSUpedia http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-11-02 10:42, Lnin0 wrote:
I dont understand the grinding. What is the number in parans () On the weapon discription screen? I thought that was the level of the weapon but it just seems to be the number of times you have grinded it.

I applied a +2 C grind to one weapon and a +3 C to a matching weaspon. Both went up the same in attack power when I was done and both said (1) on the weapon screen. I don't see where the +whatever number makes a difference.

I have a +10C grind but have yet to use it because I want to be sure I know what I am doing.

I think the +10C gives you a better chance to get to the next lvl. Example: +1C and +10C gives the same grind bonus but you will have a higher chance of not braking it with a +10C then a +1C.

I dont think it adds more of a bonus to the grind.

Again im not 100% sure. Ive been grinding and this is what ive been seeing.

Tornasu

myomer
Nov 2, 2006, 03:19 PM
After breaking a rod on the 5th grind, I've stayed at the 4 level (very high).

Diablohead
Nov 2, 2006, 03:22 PM
I got a handgun and a saber at +5, only going to try higher once I know that I can get a better weapon from the store that needs no grinding incase I break it.

Natrokos
Nov 2, 2006, 03:49 PM
Highest i've got is +6

Kuya
Nov 2, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think I'll end up grinding my 2k rifle to +10 and then when I get my B rank and break it, at least I'll have a backup lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SkiLLz003
Nov 2, 2006, 05:58 PM
Umm. the way to get +10 on a weapon is this. the first 1-2 are 0% chance. so use B Grinders with no additions on them. for instance use a B Grinder (0) instead of B Grinder +10 when there is 0% to break. im currently at +8 on a Bastara it has almost 400 ATP and only Req. 66ATP go figure XD im good. but it looks like if u can manage 10 B Grinder (+10) you have a 50/50 chance to go from 8>>9 and then from 9>>10 7-8 i had a "You Will probably break" then on a +10 from 7-8 i had "50-50" so i chanced it and BAM i got 8. i dont suggest grinding for instance. B rank items until money starts coming into the game cause im looking at 50,000 and like WHOA HOLY CRAP IM RICH but in reality thats like what 5 b rank item / item boards?? lloll so my advice is use B Grinder (0)'s until 2-3 then at 3+ use all +10's or you "WILL" break. ur chances are like 85% to break. from tests ive done.

Jasam
Nov 2, 2006, 06:10 PM
I say look at the PSUpedia chart to see whats the most effeciant way of synthing up with 100% chances

Knoob
Nov 2, 2006, 11:14 PM
actually, i find high chances to be quite reliable as well, ive had about 6 +7 items, only one broke on the way there, but i never grind at 50-50, high and up plis

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 2, 2006, 11:18 PM
so the first and second time are guarenteed success? also how do you grind them, i always bring the grinderbase Item with me to the shop but it tells be i dont have the mats for it, whats up with that.

Knoob
Nov 2, 2006, 11:18 PM
use the grinder base and a grinder board to make a full fledged grinder

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 2, 2006, 11:41 PM
where do you buy the grinder boards? i've checked all the stores to my knowledge.

BrandonBa2
Nov 2, 2006, 11:44 PM
I usually buy Grinder Boards +_ from stores. Just have to look around.

Phabin
Nov 3, 2006, 02:15 AM
I noticed in the description of the B Grinders, it said you can use it to grind B and C weapons. So if you use a B Grinder on a C weapon, does that automatically make it more efficient then a C grinder like C+11 or something

Typhoeus
Nov 3, 2006, 02:19 AM
Can you grind armors?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 3, 2006, 03:27 AM
On 2006-11-02 08:53, DavisMarkin wrote:
I usually only go to 5, and that's if I'm feeling lucky. If the chance is any lower than 'very high', I say forget it. Which means that it's very unlikely I'm going to go for +10!

Buyer beware: I lost a 5* base weapon on the first grind. It was fresh off the assembly line and said "Very High" and not the "No chance of failure". Maybe it was glitched, iunno. I do know that I cried for a few moments right after. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-03 00:28 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 3, 2006, 03:31 AM
I lost a dinky auto gun going from 1+ to 2+ this basicly sent me into scared straight mode where I refused to grind my Baybari lol.

Ras
Nov 3, 2006, 03:54 AM
I found what I was looking for so I deleted my above post.

http://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/index.php?DB%2F%C9%F0%B4%EF%B6%AF%B2%BD

Grinding bonus tables for all weapons. Not entirely complete, but pretty good. Scroll down and click the tiny blue boxes beside the weapon names in the [¶¯²½] column. Some weapons get increasing bonuses up to 5 and then diminishing returns, some get the best bonuses up front, and some weapons spike at 9 and 10. Check the tables to see what's an optimal level to risk grinding to.

BlueFire2k5
Nov 3, 2006, 11:11 AM
Personally, rather than spending a ton of money on the expensive 4-5* weapons and then hoping they don't break, I like to grind the lower weapons. I have two 5 grind Rayharod, one Rayharod + 8, and one Slyrod + 4. The Rayharod (3* wep) is 30-40 better TAP than the Slyrod (4* wep) and the other two Rayharods aren't much behind, either.