PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Torn

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 12:17 PM
wow I have FF12 and PSU. and I'm a college student with a job and a girlfriend lol. Wow. Hard decision here on what to play. Thought I'd ask you guys.

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 12:18 PM
PSU =) BTW... my name is TORNasu
Look me up if your playing PSU man.

SephYuyX
Nov 2, 2006, 12:19 PM
So play both? I do. PSU on PC and FFXI on PS2.

ParkPlace
Nov 2, 2006, 12:19 PM
You can't be serious.

College first
GF second
and
PSU.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
Well, it's all a matter of personal preference. I also have them both, but I haven't even cracked open FF12. Now, don't get me wrong; it's been a very very long time since a Final Fantasy got me this psyched to play it, but this is a Phantasy Star (online) game.

They obviously rank as quite possibly the most insanely addictive pleasurefests I've ever had in gaming. Everybody has their games that speak to them personally and say, "Game player....I love you."

I really am a hopeless Phantasy Star addict. It actually has the power to delay me from playing what could quite possibly be the best standard non-strategy Japanese RPG yet.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
hahaha you guys are comedy. Yea for sure I'll look you up Torn. you on PC/PS2? FF12 I was playing last night is so bomb though. But PSU has the friends and the customization. Guess I should give FF12 a rest for a rainy day....wait I'll probably be playing PSU on a rainy day cause I'll be inside lol

Yoruichi201
Nov 2, 2006, 12:23 PM
lol. i feel same way. I have FF12 and PSU and just decided to spend some time with FF12 for a while since it came out (after hanging with the girlfriend and having a social/college life.) college and your girlfriend are more important.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoruichi201 on 2006-11-02 09:25 ]</font>

Dai-Kitana
Nov 2, 2006, 12:25 PM
What to play? Play your girlfriend.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 12:25 PM
lol "Game player...I love you" I couldn't have said that better. they both speak to me like a angel and a devil on my shoulders "come...please play me. You know you want me more" then the other goes "SCREW THAT GUY. PICK ME!!!!"

JaiBlue
Nov 2, 2006, 12:27 PM
geez why does everyone feel as if having a gf is a responsibility I mean yea I have 1 but I'll be danmned if she tries to get between my friends and psu.

Polenicus
Nov 2, 2006, 12:28 PM
Heh, gotta say I'd focus more on playing with the Girlfriend. EB doesn't stock those... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've played the demo for FFXII... it really depends if you're looking for an online game or an offline one. I haven't been in the mood for an offline RPG in a while now (I haven't even cracked open PSU's Story Mode yet). I guess I just like playing co-op with others.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
lol, she hates videogames. >.> Fashion students. Shes the preppy type. But she respects me playing em. And when your in a 2year relationship you can talk about your GF being a "responsibility" sometimes. But yea I do have alot going on in my life. I was thinking I could maybe haul ass through FF12 then get back to PSU. Or switch between the two like a few hours here a few hours there.

Tornasu
Nov 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-11-02 09:19, ParkPlace wrote:
You can't be serious.

College first
GF second
and
PSU.

Hmmm what about JOB? I think that has to go right after college. GF can be pushed back another slot. =)

ANYWAYS! crap... i'm playing XBOX 360 PSU. Guess your out of luck man.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 12:34 PM
awwwh sucks TORN I was gonna get the 360 version till the delay and I found out I could use a 360 controller on my PC ^.^ And I play with my girlfriend more than my videogames lol. I'm talking about after all the crap is done and over I only have a few hours in the day to have my Rest and Relaxation time. And THe main difference is really FF12 is jaw droppingly stunning in visual and plays alot like an online RPG. While PSU has real people and customization, as well as it's in the future....which you all know is just well...cool.

Mystil
Nov 2, 2006, 12:35 PM
PSU is an MMO and it can suck you in without knowing it. Play FF12 and get that out of the way. Then play PSU sparingly until you get time off from college, like your christmas vacation coming up if you have those. It's not my place to tell you how to manage time with your girlfriend, you already know what to do about that, just remember that communication is key.

Kuya
Nov 2, 2006, 01:17 PM
Be like me and get a job we're you're the IT admin and can play PSU at work. Then you can just play FF12 during maintenance time on thursday. Then you'll only have to manage your gf and your college stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Btw, I have a wife at home and as long as I spend most of the time at home with her, she doesn't mind an hour or two of PSU/Other video games lol

SephYuyX
Nov 2, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-11-02 10:17, Kuya wrote:
Be like me and get a job we're you're the IT admin and can play PSU at work.

Lool, im doing the same thing, I love this job.

sulfate
Nov 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
dude were carbon copies of eachother!..........i say ff12 (which im playing now) only out of tradition (ive played all ff except ff3 on the ds)

on a side note my GF hates games and doesnt understand them...i feel ure pain!

Hellodius
Nov 2, 2006, 01:30 PM
I totally understand.... i have a girl... a job (luckily on campus).... just bought PSU release date, and i'm a senior in college, looking into getting an internship......so time equals zero. But the great thing is i still seem to manage to find time for PSU.... luckily i don't own FFXII or i would be in some what of a dilema as i've played all of the other FF games up until the PS2.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 01:43 PM
hahaha. How much does that IT admin job pay and how do I sign up?! Yea and Hellodius sounds like my life. Lol and thanks sulfate you guys understand my situation lol. I thought I could handle PSU but now with FF12 it's like WHOA! hmmm I seem to have a full day and even a little of it is cutting into my college work >.> but you guys wouldn't tell anyone would you?

Aegias
Nov 2, 2006, 01:47 PM
PSU is less dedicated than FFXI, atleast how i remember it at release youd spend 2 hrs looking for group if your people werent on, and when you did get in said group if youleft before an hour what you accomplished was non existant. PSU you can sneak in on your lunch break and atleast farm a lil moolah $$.

Pandatron
Nov 2, 2006, 01:48 PM
PSU with your hands, and FFXII with your feet. Their ya go problem solved.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 01:51 PM
hahaha so true. so true. Thats a good point Aegias. Too bad I can't install the game on the schools computers...wait I'm a digital Media student. Maybe I should buy an Alienware laptop and use wireless internet in my elective classes. That'd be comedy. Just presto switch to Microsoft Office when the teacher comes around during the lecture. But FF12 is amazing. Oh yea are we allowed to cuss in here or is that rules for being suspended? I made a post about starting a static like I had in FFXI. XI was a pain in the ass. Especially since I was a THF. Oh and to everybody else who said they've played all the FF's I have too ^.^ I'm starting to thing I should get through FF12 then play PSU on the side. Then when I finish come back to the online revolution.

Aegias
Nov 2, 2006, 01:54 PM
Ahh I played theif, went Goon/thf before they nerfed the dragon pet. It was fun and really addictive but my gf kicked me off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. She plays now though, you welcome to party with my team some given your somewhere near the lvl range, and know how to dodge mobs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Oh sorry i totally noobed it up and read "FFXII" as "FFXI".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-11-02 10:56 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 2, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-11-02 10:51, GhostEsper wrote:
Oh yea are we allowed to cuss in here or is that rules for being suspended?

We're allowed to do such but extreme cussing is a no no, and using them to insult other members.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 02:17 PM
got it. I was just checking. I meant using it in moderation.

BestRAmarEver
Nov 2, 2006, 02:22 PM
Play FF12 now.

PSU is lacking a lot of the "good" content right now. Just play FF12 and by the time you get around to playing PSU, we will probably have gotten a content update by then.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 02:33 PM
haha sounds like a good idea. oh by the way does anyone know if the Ventrilo on the PC supports the xbox 360 headset if I plug it into my wired controller?

Talin
Nov 2, 2006, 02:36 PM
As a person who works full time, is engaged and living with his girlfriend, and pursuing a Masters degree, I can vouch for how important it is to balance everything carefully.

However, everyone should have at least an hour or two to themselves in a given day - "me" time. I prefer the online gaming experience to the single-player these days, although when I want to experience a good story I'll switch to a 1-player RPG (or read a book).

MMOs, PSU included, are a great way to kill time and wash away your worries. Just be careful, as it is too easy to keep saying, "One more De Ragan run before bed! and suddenly find yourself up with only a few hours until work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Trinacepti
Nov 2, 2006, 02:36 PM
Beat PSU offline, play online and when you need a break from online and have freetime you can do FF12...

FF12 looks mediocre to me though, but I'll pick it up when it becomes a budget title. It looks too PC-Style RPGish.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 02:40 PM
True. But fortunately there's two great things I know about PSU, which have always kept me going to bed, in a timely manner.

PSU doesn't demand a certain long time from you each time you come on. And it's especially easy and great in logging off.

Usually when I agree to anything, I'm only committing about 15 minutes max. Not 45 minutes, 2-3 hours, etc. Mainly because you can log on, and immediately go and do a mission or two (in a group, or without) and see some good progress. When you need to leave, it's great. Quickly finish the mission, collect the points, run to the Diamond and immediately jump to your room. (It handles all the leaving party details and such, for you).

When you logoff, you can do it immediately as well. So if you keep an eye on the clock, you can easily stop play with very little required time for you to stop playing.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 2, 2006, 02:48 PM
Esper, is that you? Forget FF12 and play PSU with me!

On topic, I wouldn't know what to do. I have a hard time playing more than one game at once. As it is I hardly have time for PSU. I'd say school takes priority, then I'd just alternate betweeen games during your "Rest and Relaxation" time.

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 02:55 PM
Hell yea it's me Ramona! Whats crakin? Yea I'm having a hard time deciding. Your my friend in PSU though that I like to play with the most. What lvl are you now?

bunnysama
Nov 2, 2006, 02:58 PM
Tip for ya, FFXII has a finite play time it can be beaten, psu cannot.

so polish off FF and then hop on PSU, it's only been out a week and has caps in place so you won't fall behind.

as for the GF thing. I lucked out, my wife is a game programmer so understands the video game thing better then I do, and I get into closed betas easy.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 2, 2006, 02:59 PM
I am a mighty lv 13 now! What about you? I want to see your first Nanoblast! Shazaam!

GhostEsper
Nov 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
hellllz yea. I'm 17 so play catch up and I'm gonna play FF12 and knock it out. Then lets ROCK!

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:08 PM
Yes you CAN use the 360 mic on the controler a friend of mine is useing it right now.

perdition
Nov 2, 2006, 03:56 PM
FFXII is an amazing game. Psu is fun and all, but beat FFXII before you get PSU because if u get both you will be splitting time between each game, and I will say this with all certainty, NOTHING is f*cking with FFXII.