PDA

View Full Version : PSU: How would you rate the soundtrack? Favourite Track?

Para
Nov 2, 2006, 12:31 PM
I've been scrambling through PSU's full soundtrack and I've found some favourite tracks which really strike a chord with me.

Ukishima - Fumie Kumatani
One of my current favourites right now or probably my definite favourite from the soundtrack. I love the instruments used for this track. It has that mystical, journey feel to it. Most memorable part of this track starts 1:54 with its upbeat tune yet keeping to its roots.

Growl, From The Wild Sky - Hideaki Kobayashi
Yay for Hideaki for keeping the PSO tradition alive with the Growl, line of songs! The drum beats give a good feel of opposition and ferocity for the battle.

I'll post more as I keep listening more and more to these songs heh.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 12:38 PM
I want to buy the full OST soundtrack to this. I should try to find where it is sold, if it's sold yet.

Krltplps
Nov 2, 2006, 12:46 PM
My favorite track so far is the Ohtoku City theme on Neudaiz.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 12:51 PM
There are a lot of great tracks that aren't on the Sample disc that came with many pre-orders. In fact, some of the best ones, aren't on there. For one, I really love one particular track from the Moatoab (The beast planet), when you're out fighting in the field. It's both rhythmic but very future techno sounding, as well. It goes a long way into turning a desert-mesa style visual into something that's distinctively Phantasy Star and futuristic. Oddly enough, that location reminds me of Motavia from Phantasy Star 1.

FlakariLeader
Nov 2, 2006, 12:52 PM
My favorite track is the G-March. I love the beat they put down in the middle of the song. :B

Alisha
Nov 2, 2006, 12:55 PM
i dont know the names of the tracks but these are some of my favorite tracks by stage name.
Shikon/Agata islands
Mizuraki conservation district
Denes Relics
endrum underground
mota town theme
raffon fields
the boss music that plays when you fight
SEED magashi
the HIVE

Para
Nov 2, 2006, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah..

Madness the Machine Sparx - Kenichi Tokoi
Roll n Roll with a Robot. That's how I would describe this track. Contrast to Vol Opt's theme where this one is a fast paced imtimidating theme lol. Then again Kenichi did not do Vol Opt's theme back then. Suits Adahna Degahna though I would say and makes the battle "fun".

Phalynx
Nov 2, 2006, 01:21 PM
The Last Story - Hideaki Kobayashi

Awesome track, my personal fav right now.

Kaizah
Nov 2, 2006, 01:53 PM
seeing as i dont have the full ost at the moment i dont know the official name of it, but the track that plays during Groove Fanatics is my fav so far.

Para
Nov 3, 2006, 08:57 AM
Grove Fanatics? I think that would be Hakura Temple.

Starshape
Nov 3, 2006, 09:37 AM
Wow...
Ukishima
Growl, From the Wild Sky
really blew me away..

I also really like
Hakura Temple
The Last Story
Save This World - Orchestra Version

Durand
Nov 3, 2006, 10:11 AM
I have to say Haloween myself.

Verotosgetics
Nov 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
Relics songs. I love it, so tranquil and smooth.

Ryoten
Nov 3, 2006, 02:36 PM
Moatoob desert stage
Hakura temple
Planet Neudaiz & main stage
& Planet Parum is pretty cool to listen too.

Getintothegame
Nov 3, 2006, 02:58 PM
I really like Halloween. Then again, I haven't had time to listen to the whole OST!

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 04:34 PM
Shikon Islands and Mota's main city themes. They rock the hizzy for mizzy.

Para
Dec 4, 2006, 02:25 PM
*bump*

Im sure everyone got a longer opportunity to accustom themselves to the soundtrack now. So any new opinions?

Ukishima still stands as my favourite out of the Phantasy Star Universe Soundtrack. It has a slightly upbeat tempo to it. The string component flows very well throughout song. Its very atmospheric and brings a theme of mystery and adventure.

I also come to like Z.C. Enemy 1 and 2. 1 is more of an imposing slow battle theme while 2 is more of an upbeat fast battle with the imposing a bit less prevalent. However it disappoints me greatly that SEGA does not utilize these two songs for mini boss battles in the network mode. I mean when the Grinna Beat S spawn or a group of Svaltus spawn, could it hurt just to give me a battle theme rather than making it seem so normal?

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 4, 2006, 02:50 PM
is this OST licensed in the US yet? if so i can link it for download.