PDA

View Full Version : Level 11 Machine Gun PA's

Sorenia
Nov 2, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ok I did some searching on this but I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere.

From what I understood every photon art in the game is supposed to get something different when it hits level 11. For guns it's usually the effect level changing or more shotgun bullets or a big increase in elemental attrib (pistols).

For machine guns though I just got lvl 11 and just looking at the stats nothing really improved compared to a normal level up besides a slight elemental attrib increase. The effect level stayed the same and I'm not noticing any faster firing rate or anything.

Has anyone noticed something I didn't? This is a big let down if that's all it is. Ranger PA's have been kind of a let down in the first place so if the machine gun doesn't even get specials at lvl 11 that's even more of a let down.

Sorenia
Nov 2, 2006, 03:15 PM
Is everyone writing off machine guns perhaps?

Kuya
Nov 2, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'm using a machine gun but it's not all that useful. When I increased plasma shot on my rifle past 11, I think the shot was a little bigger, but that was it.

Nani-chan
Nov 2, 2006, 05:09 PM
Machine guns are always tier 1 Status Effect, been discussed in ranger forum a few weeks ago. The insight of other players helped me save time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-02 14:09 ]</font>

Sorenia
Nov 2, 2006, 05:09 PM
The plasma shot should have a higher effect level if you look closely. Which probably means longer duration. I know for ice shot past 11 the ice started lasting a really long time and it does seem a bit more likely to go on but I'm not sure of that part.

Ronin1of47
Nov 2, 2006, 05:11 PM
well i know when hunter weapons pa's get to 11 you can do a combo with them i dont know about bullets...

DizzyDi
Nov 2, 2006, 05:18 PM
Well mechine gunes don't really need a high status % because of the rate they fire you're almost garunteed them to work.

Sorenia
Nov 2, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-11-02 14:18, DizzyDi wrote:
Well mechine gunes don't really need a high status % because of the rate they fire you're almost garunteed them to work.

I'm not thinking the MG's suck I'm just trying to figure out where the beef is. The PP costs jumps up just like every other weapon at lvl 11 so I'm missing something or the MG PA's may not be complete or it's bugged.

Dusk21
Nov 4, 2006, 04:23 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with machineguns not needing a higher status level because of the rate of fire. With my level 20 frozen fury I find that in a wave of mobs I might get maybe 5-6 freezes in before they're dead. That sounds alright on the surface, but because of the low SE level 3-4 of those freezes will break before I could ever even take advantage of it.

Now I realize that ice has the lowest application rate as well as the lowest duration with possibility of breaking. I also have a level 13 grav fury, figuring alright...silence applies at a much higher rate and should last more consistantly, with the fire rate I SHOULD be able to silence a group of casters fairly easily. I was dead wrong in that, as while it seems to silence non-casters very frequently and often as long as they live, I have yet to silence a caster even once.

So now I'm regretting bullet choices, but it gets even worse. As I was leveling ice when it evolved I thought for sure it fired faster, it seemed to and my bullets depleted at a much higher rate and yet the enemies didn't seem to die any faster. Convincing myself it was my imagination and that the gun was surely faster and better I kept using it and enjoying it. Now enter my purchasing of grav after maxing ice. I noticed right away that the rate of fire seemed very, very similar to my ice if not identical even at level 1. Upon grinding the bullet up to evolution I found that no, it didn't seem to fire any faster or kill any faster at all. All it seems to give is an utterly paltry bonus to the elemental %, the same atp/ata boost as any other level, and a nice bump to cost of course.

Still worse yet, as I used grav for killing small trash enemies and lightning enemies including the huge relics mobs, and for those as I neared the evolution I decided to check to see if there was some manner of improvement. When I started taking note it would take me approx. 300-360pp from my MG and nothing else to drop one of those in solo C relics. Thats fine, and if that was how the weapon behaved it'd be worth it to use, since it and the dagger I wield it with are supposed to supplement eachother. However once it evolved I found that I was using approx. 500-560pp to kill the same monster, at about the same speed - ever so slightly faster due to the ~2 or so more damage it dealt to it per hit. Thats absolute garbage, and a tremendous drop in efficiency.

As of now I'm just about done with MGs, as soon as its time to upgrade my single hander its most probably going to be a handgun because MGs as it stands just aren't worth it in any way. Maybe theres something I'm missing and if that is the case then maybe someone could inform me because I think MGs are awesome as far as looks and the way they attack, as well as the free strafing not only working wonderfully with the mechanics of the gun but being plain old fun. But for me anyways something being fun isn't enough, I need some practicallity and effectiveness and MGs simply seem to lack both.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 4, 2006, 04:49 PM
Maybe the machinegun's just good for when you simply feel like holding the trigger and doing easy damage. The range is short, but whatever. Would have been more practical if I were able to turn with the damn thing so I could continue my fire on other enemies without wasting ammo or letting off the trigger (or having to strafe, since the MG looks a LOT cooler when being used at a standstill).

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2006, 04:55 PM
Its a bit unclear how well machineguns function since those are mainly Tenora Works specialty weapons and we don't have access to Moatoob yet. Once, that world is opened we will start seeing how good that and Shotguns are.

Rex_D
Nov 5, 2006, 05:02 PM
the mg is ment to act as a quick stun effect when facing multiple large mobs and then I personaly use my saber's gravity hit to pile on tons of damage.