PDA

View Full Version : You know what would make the shop feature much better?

Lazygirl313
Nov 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
If they added a sell option to the visitor. You list an item you want and list the price you'd buy and the person just sells it at your shop.

JaiBlue
Nov 2, 2006, 03:00 PM
Then that would mean that player shops would have to have and infinate meseta bank to a accommodate for all the sellers items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-02 12:01 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Nov 2, 2006, 03:14 PM
Alternatively they could just add a bulletin board decoration to the shop, that players can add a "wish list" to. That way, people that visit their shop can know what types of items they could sell to the shop-owner, and allow for messages to be tagged onto it. "I have 10 of item x, meet me here at this time!" type thing.

O'course if the person's in their room when you visit their shop you could ask them if there's anything they're looking to buy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

SonicTMP
Nov 2, 2006, 03:16 PM
I wish the search option was a little more detailed. Searching for a ripper and having 5 shops all sell twin rippers can be annoying.

Agrias
Nov 2, 2006, 03:23 PM
I'd like something to tell me what sold.

Razorback
Nov 2, 2006, 03:38 PM
i would like to be able to adveritize my store a little better

Lnin0
Nov 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
I would like a way to bookmark my favorite shops

A sell option would be nice. Store owners could make a wish list of what, how many and how much they would pay for items. The system could simply remove items from the shop owners wish list that the quota was reached or the store could no longer afford to buy.

I also agree about the search options - "not twin" would be helpfull.

Lazygirl313
Nov 2, 2006, 06:09 PM
Why dont you just add a bank like option for that JaiBlue? Say you want 5 Marselines and you'll pay 1500 for each, just deposit 7500 in the shop and that will cover it.

Nani-chan
Nov 2, 2006, 06:20 PM
I'd like players to get fined for false advertising. People saying their shops are 50%-75% of npcs prices. However when they sell G traps for more or equal than the npc price of 500g is making me cranky.

Sev
Nov 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-11-02 15:20, Nani-chan wrote:
I'd like players to get fined for false advertising. People saying their shops are 50%-75% of npcs prices. However when they sell G traps for more or equal than the npc price of 500g is making me cranky.

Preach on!

I think Importers covered this issue about pricing once... Listen guys... Neu Wood is not over 150 Meseta from an NPC... Why are you trying to charge 500? Some of the pricing people put up is just ridiculous, but to each there own I guess... It'd be pretty messed up for me to start listing names or telling people to leave the shop cuz it's expensive so I've just been dealing with it.

Seriously though, I'm making a list from now on so I know to avoid the shop and not waste me time.

Wallin
Nov 2, 2006, 06:45 PM
On 2006-11-02 12:00, JaiBlue wrote:
Then that would mean that player shops would have to have and infinate meseta bank to a accommodate for all the sellers items.

The money for buying items from other players would just be drawn from what the PM had in storage, it would be a valid reason for actually putting meseta in storage, and this is not unheard of. Lineage is one of the better known games where you could set up shops to both buy and sell - you set the how much you want to pay for something that someone would sell to you before hand, and of course have the money stored, and once the money runs out people can't sell to you anymore. It's the equivalent of "WTB item X for Y meseta".

Unfortunately in Lineage it also created more scams than anything since people would try to buy an item for a dirt cheap price (say a common crafting component) only to realize that the ones they were carrying beforehand they were actually selling it to the person, and so traded a great item for petty cash. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

A bookmark feature would be great, so far I've got a .txt on my desktop where I keep track of the shop owner's name and their ID number.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-02 15:47 ]</font>

Lazygirl313
Nov 2, 2006, 06:53 PM
I agree, some of these prices are idiotic. I saw a guy sell Marseline for 2k and it's 1,200 in the shop. Who was he kidding? There are some cool people that have better than store deals. I found Peral's for 650 at a shop and they're normally 800 so it was good. I also saw someone sell a Marseline (yeah I use marselines a lot XD keep failing my Hajirod) for 800. It's fun and annoying to shop hunt, but from experience it's more troublesome than helpful.

Oyako
Nov 2, 2006, 06:55 PM
reminds me of Lineage 2...........

Apathy
Nov 2, 2006, 06:55 PM
I think the forums is going to need a Crafters or Shop section ... is what I think... So we can talk about this more in debth without feeling like we are going off topic or something.

Anyway the only thing that want right now for my shop is a wider AD space, too little room to get the gist of what my shop is about, and I am always trying to reformat my ad to hit the keyword search system, wich is a pain in my tookus. And just listing the words "Weapons, Grinders, Etc." sounds so cold and not personal. So yeah .. more ad space. I can work with everything else.

As for fines and price gouging .. common! lol ... I understand it may upset you guys, but you could simply not go to thier shop. That will do just fine, then they wont make any money and then they will just close it down eventually. The glory of thst shop system IS the fact that merchants dont have the preasure of being controled by some guy controlling a Auction House. It is alot less stressful on merchants who care about what they are doing. So if someone is being a scrooge-doodie-head, spread the word. Thats how normal trade and commerce works, In real life.

I do realize trying to explain such a concept, to say a 12year old playing this game may be hard but.. oh well. Like i said .. if PSOW opens up a Merchants Forum then I would be okay with listing how i figure out my prices. I am still trying to stabalize my prices myself, i have gone to such a way that my low grade items I make will actually make me LOSE money.. so thats the best I can do. Im happy I finally got my Grinder (shameless plug) sales stabalized . Now I am just trying to stabalize my salvage and homemade weapons prices.

Ripping people off 500+++m for wood .. ewww.. thats just robbery. (I would never sell my wood anyway, i use it to make stuff :/ )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-02 16:05 ]</font>

Lazygirl313
Nov 2, 2006, 06:59 PM
Obviously, Apathy, we do not go to their shops. It's a discussion with opinions, not buyers remorse.

Apathy
Nov 2, 2006, 07:07 PM
Obviously, Apathy, we do not go to their shops. It's a discussion with opinions, not buyers remorse.

okies .. ill be quiet now, lips are sealed. ^x^
I just dont want my PSU to turn into another FFXI ... I left that headache of an economy already I dont want it to follow me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-02 16:17 ]</font>

Lazygirl313
Nov 2, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah FF11 is ridiculous. I like the game but it's too.. blah.