PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten more than one account off of one disk?

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:24 PM
Due to the no CD key factor has anyone here installed the game on 2 computers and gotten 2 accounts online with only one disk?

JaiBlue
Nov 2, 2006, 03:26 PM
I don't own a pc version, but I suppose this is possible.

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-11-02 12:26, JaiBlue wrote:
I don't own a pc version, but I suppose this is possible.

Thank you... for your factual input ...
Jk lol

JaiBlue
Nov 2, 2006, 03:30 PM
Well you gotta ask yourself "why wouldn't it work" I mean duh theres no cd key to restrict the number of accounts to have on 1 disk. the only thing left from their is to just try and see.

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:32 PM
Well as I ask my self why wouldnt it work i seem to fall into the pits of hell and realize there could be an embedded code.

Nagidar
Nov 2, 2006, 03:42 PM
Yes, it does work, there is no CD key and you activate your account/s on SEGA's web site, I have 2 accounts on 1 disc.

Jaylix
Nov 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
(I have not done this myself, I play the 360 version).

Yes.

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
Ok but you still need the disk to start the game right? So would an image work?

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:47 PM
Ok but you still need the disk to start the game right? So would an image work?

Wang_Tang
Nov 2, 2006, 03:48 PM
Really, this is a pretty major oversight on Sega's part. Anyone could just download the game for free, thus reducing Sega's profit from selling the actual game itself by a tonne.

Yet another stupid decision by Sega *mourns the Dreamcast*

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:49 PM
You know they get alot of cash from the accounts too.....

Disastorm
Nov 2, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-11-02 12:47, NuclearRanger wrote:
Ok but you still need the disk to start the game right?

wrong.

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
Oh ok... well then...

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys ill try this when I get home n.n

Ether
Nov 2, 2006, 04:07 PM
Pleast tell me you're not going to pirate the US version just like you did the JP version

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-11-02 13:07, Ether wrote:
Pleast tell me you're not going to pirate the US version just like you did the JP version

You know I have the disk allready... and the guide and the soundtrack.... >.> jees

Let it go o.o

illstyle
Nov 2, 2006, 04:33 PM
either a mistake or a bold strategy by sega.

more accounts paying month to month with a few that didn't initially buy the game is better than having fewer accounts which have all bought the game.

I think they know what they are doing. And probably sometime next year the game will go free and you just pay monthly to play.

SolitaryEcho
Nov 2, 2006, 05:26 PM
I don't use the disk to run the game. It runs without it.

Ri0T
Nov 2, 2006, 05:27 PM
A lot of MMOs are switching to free client downloads. (not saying that PSU is an MMO or anything)

I preordered 2 copies and returned one afterward because I never had to open it.

I'm guessing that they'd wanted it this way. They will be getting most of their income from monthly subscriptions, the money that comes in from the game is just little extras... it's probably why it was priced at $49.99, i was somewhat shocked when i saw the price.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 2, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-11-02 12:32, NuclearRanger wrote:
Well as I ask my self why wouldnt it work i seem to fall into the pits of hell and realize there could be an embedded code.

That would require every CD to be different, and therefore make the md5 checksum different on every CD as well, which in turn, would make it impossible to verify that the CD is genuine (albeit, I don't think it checks this anyway).

On 2006-11-02 12:48, Wang_Tang wrote:
Really, this is a pretty major oversight on Sega's part. Anyone could just download the game for free, thus reducing Sega's profit from selling the actual game itself by a tonne.

Yet another stupid decision by Sega *mourns the Dreamcast*

It's no big deal, really. They'll make the vast majority of their income off of this game from subscription sales. In fact, PC beta testers didn't actually need to buy the game at all, because the beta client worked fine to play on release.

Spacepest
Nov 2, 2006, 05:35 PM
Interesting. I was going to buy a second copy of this game for my husband so he could play with me, but I think I'll try to see if his laptop will play PSU instead.

Another idea that crossed my mind about this...the four character per account limit. Since you don't need serial numbers for the PC game, if for some reason four characters aren't enough for you to play with and you want more, you could just make a second account and then have four more characters without having to rebuy the game again.

Nuclearranger
Nov 2, 2006, 05:40 PM
All in all I think this will help make a stronger online comunity

Lazygirl313
Nov 2, 2006, 06:14 PM
Why do people say the dreamcast was a mistake? I see nothing wrong about it. I'd still use mine today but it seems to wanna reboot itself/not turn on now XD That's just it being what, 7 years old?