PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable on 360

Arimanius
Nov 2, 2006, 03:55 PM
Anyone else having horrible lag on the 360? I'm getting 3 secs up to 2 min delays and I've also been disconnected multiple times(3 times today within the hour). I've tried several different servers and nothing is helping. In the city it seems to be fine, but once I go into a mission the lags starts up. It's not my connection, I have a 3 Mbps connection and no other 360 or PC game is having problems. Any ideas?

Guitarsmasher
Nov 2, 2006, 03:59 PM
3 Mbps connection??? either thts a typo, or you need a faster connection, mine is 108 Mbps

JaiBlue
Nov 2, 2006, 03:59 PM
*Has a stupidly enjoyable smirk on his face* and yes, I'am aware that "stupidly" isn't a real word. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-11-02 13:00 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
I've yet to have a problem, and my connection is only 1 MBps. It's something on your end.

As for the dumb ass who posted second...Well, I'll leave it at that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-02 13:01 ]</font>

perdition
Nov 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
I have ps2 and it gets laggy when there are more than 4 players, nontheless I played the GC pso and did it with 4 friends and the lag is the same so I am used to it.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 2, 2006, 04:02 PM
yea dont worry, a couple nights ago, on my ps2, i got kicked off 5 times in one hour, but then the next day, everything was fine, and a lil bit faster too, so itll probably clear up, if it doesnt, then maybe you could get a faster connection

Arimanius
Nov 2, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-11-02 12:59, Guitarsmasher wrote:
3 Mbps connection??? either thts a typo, or you need a faster connection, mine is 108 Mbps

Hmmm, I'm not using a wireless nic. I have wired connection to my router.

On 2006-11-02 13:00, Zeta wrote:
I've yet to have a problem, and my connection is only 1 MBps. It's something on your end.

As for the dumb ass who posted second...Well, I'll leave it at that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-02 13:01 ]</font>

Any suggestions? I've play several multiplayer games on the 360 including FFXI with no problems. PC wise I'm played every MMORPG known to man without any problems either. Unless it's a hop between me and Sega in which case I'm screwed.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 04:07 PM
It's been fine with me. Last night was especially nice because everything was working well, including the Voice Chat. I had to remember to turn down the music and sound effects a bit.

My worst experience was Saturday Night, but all the blame goes to Comcast, in which their service really went wonky that night. It affected my regular Cable as well. It started with lots of dropped packets and lag around 7:00 PM, and eventually the entire Cable service went down until sometime the next morning.

Razorback
Nov 2, 2006, 04:12 PM
the only bad thing that happened to me while playing PSU, is that graphics burned out my AV thing in the box

MayLee
Nov 2, 2006, 04:15 PM
You could have bad luck or bad connection, PC and PS2 people have the same problem sometimes and the 360 does not suck.

PlainShane
Nov 2, 2006, 04:51 PM
I usually just have major problems initially signing on. It will connect as far as the screen where you press A before your characters show up and then it errors out and says Retry or Disconnect. The only thing that fixes it is signing out of Live then back in if I'm lucky but usually only going completely into the dashboard, signing out, signing in, and retrying completely.

Other than that, just normal lag which is a bit much for this game if you ask me. I hear it is mostly visual lag though - supposedly.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2006, 04:53 PM
You usually don't have to go that far. You can usually get right in if that happens and you simply tell it not to retry so it goes back to the title screen.

I think it might have something to do with the amount of simultaneous connections being first established. (ala. you and a thousand other people decided to confirm to connect to Sega's machines at nearly the same exact time). But for some odd reason, retry doesn't retry correctly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-02 13:55 ]</font>

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 05:00 PM
i've played for up to like 6 hours straight with no problems whatsoever...just a little framerate slowdown when your playing like 6 players and theres like 10 mobs in the field

hyp
Nov 2, 2006, 05:01 PM
no problems here on the 360 version. works perfect, hardly any lag whatsoever.

Shango
Nov 2, 2006, 05:05 PM
360 here, runnin smooth

Typhoeus
Nov 2, 2006, 05:30 PM
FFS, 108mbps down???? What do you have FiOS just to play PSU? lol

Poesghost
Nov 2, 2006, 06:13 PM
I have not had any problems at all with major lag. Its been running good on my 360.

Arimanius
Nov 2, 2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I ran a few speed tests and I think it's my upload speed that's killing me. I called Charter and they don't support upload speed. As long as the download speed is 70% what I'm suppose to be getting then it's fine. I then found that they were having a promotion for 6 months for the next package up and it would be $2 cheaper than what i'm paying now, so I went ahead and got it to see if it would fix the problem. So far the speed tests I went from around 2.9Mbps and 70kbps(that's on the high end) to 4.5Mbps and 100kbps.

PlainShane
Nov 4, 2006, 03:34 AM
Oh my god... it is a miracle if I can ever sign on... I constantly get the message "The server has issued an interrupt request." when trying to log on. Probably one in 15 times I can actually get to character selection. What is going on!?

I am starting to think it might have to do with my connection. I am running this PC using wireless, router upstairs, and then my 360 is connected to this PC using ICS. Pretty much I made this XP box a wireless bridge with the dual NICs but I am not using a crossover cable. Although, it works without a crossover... This is just my assumption of why it is hard for me to logon.

KirinDave
Nov 4, 2006, 03:49 AM
PlainShane, try dismissing the ESRB notice more quickly (spam the button), and never ever use the "Retry" option. It seems like the game hangs waiting for the ESRB confirmation and this can mess your login. Once I heard about this, nearly all my login failures went away.

Arimanius, if your ISP doesn't support upload speed then they don't support download speed (most internet protocols including TCP are synchronous and chatty, they need upload to do fast download). Charter is a cable company, and it sounds like the problem you are having is that you have a heavily shared line. If your new data package doesn't work out, you may have to get DSL to get a gaming-friendly connection. I had to do this back when I lived in a densly populated apartment complex.

But don't discount that maybe your local network is the problem. My friend had a problem with an older linksys gateway he used, when ports were opened via UPnP (which PSU needs) they were unreliable and slow. I had problems getting the 360 to play nice with my airport hub and have UPnP work in the first place.

Good luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 03:50 AM
Game runs smooth as milk on my 360. Don't know what's wrong with your connection.

KirinDave
Nov 4, 2006, 03:56 AM
On 2006-11-04 00:50, Ryogen wrote:
Game runs smooth as milk on my 360. Don't know what's wrong with your connection.

Yeah. Me too. Zomg it runs 1080p now too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tycl
Nov 4, 2006, 04:59 AM
360 here runs great. if you cant get in at first, hit disconnect, not retry. always works for me.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 4, 2006, 05:39 AM
my only guess is the ones with problems are having an issue with thier router internal firewall or maybe bad signal with the wirelss if they have one?

Callous
Nov 4, 2006, 08:36 AM
On 2006-11-02 12:59, JaiBlue wrote:
*Has a stupidly enjoyable smirk on his face* and yes, I'am aware that "stupidly" isn't a real word. >_<

Could you be anymore of a troll?

Miller
Nov 4, 2006, 09:35 AM

No you don't

Shinomaru
Nov 4, 2006, 11:10 AM

3 mbps isnt slow at all. 108 mbps sounds unlikly unless you have T5 / business optic cable are you are paying like 100-200 bucks a month.

Arimanius
Nov 4, 2006, 12:22 PM
Arimanius, if your ISP doesn't support upload speed then they don't support download speed (most internet protocols including TCP are synchronous and chatty, they need upload to do fast download). Charter is a cable company, and it sounds like the problem you are having is that you have a heavily shared line. If your new data package doesn't work out, you may have to get DSL to get a gaming-friendly connection. I had to do this back when I lived in a densly populated apartment complex.

But don't discount that maybe your local network is the problem. My friend had a problem with an older linksys gateway he used, when ports were opened via UPnP (which PSU needs) they were unreliable and slow. I had problems getting the 360 to play nice with my airport hub and have UPnP work in the first place.

Good luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have a co-worker that lives a few blocks away that's going to test her connection. It will be interesting to see what she gets. It's not my home network I took everything out of the loop and hooked my PC up to the cable modem when I was doing the testing. Your right it might just be my network segment being overloaded, but when I went up to the next higher package I saw an increase in my upload speed. The lower package is capped at 256k where the higher pacakge upload speed is capped at 524k. I'm still not getting enough upload speed to get rid of the lag, but it did make the game playable. It's curious because unless I was hitting the 256k cap going up to the higher package shouldn't of made a difference.

On 2006-11-04 08:10, Shinomaru wrote:

3 mbps isnt slow at all. 108 mbps sounds unlikly unless you have T5 / business optic cable are you are paying like 100-200 bucks a month.

I think he's just confusing his wireless speed and his internet speed.