PDA

View Full Version : Shotguns

KiteWolfwood
Nov 2, 2006, 07:05 PM
Anyone else find the 11+ shotgun bullets skill kinda lame. I was disappointed that I lost my middle shot. Now I have to wait till Fortegunner so I can get it to 21 to get my middle shot part back.

Nestahima
Nov 2, 2006, 07:06 PM
I found that shotguns do such little damage that its not really worth using. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I just use my grinded Rifle for everything.

DarkShadowX
Nov 2, 2006, 07:07 PM
Shotguns, to be honest at this point are very worthless. Since Moatoob isn't open you can't even grind them or get a higher Rank version of them.

vitius137
Nov 2, 2006, 07:07 PM
I'm trying out shotguns now and I have to say that they pretty much suck. Don't get me wrong I loved shots in PSO where the gun would hit 5 enemies within range, but the shotguns in PSU don't lock on to enemies so they always have to be perfectly lined up. I like going right up to one enemy and blasting it with all of the shots but it is waaaaay too slow and I always end up getting hit.

Oyako
Nov 2, 2006, 07:08 PM
Can someone explain to me the usefulness of a shotgun? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I fail to see the logic in such a weak weapon..

then again.. I'd rather use the machine gun then the handgun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Nestahima
Nov 2, 2006, 07:11 PM
The shotgun has no great use now since you can't grind it.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 07:14 PM
my B rank rifle grinded 3 times does 200dmg (GRM), my shotgun does 75 4 times, ungrinded. Shotguns can do very good damage, and are very nice ofr landing debuffs, you just gotta equip for them kinda. I bought the 18k unite that gives both power and acc, and since the shot fires 4 shots, thats all 4 shots getting higher ata/atp making a much larger difference.

I also find shotugns seem to level up very fast, my rifle took two days to go 17-18 I got my shotgun to 20 by rifle 15, and another bullet to 17 and halfway to 18 already. Shotugns also seem very PP efficient, sicn ethey have a slower fire rate, even though its multiple shots so they seem to last longer.

The shot Im currently using is shock based, not useful on neudaiz (thus another bullet ofr there) but on parum where almost nothing casts, its easy to land shock on multiple enemies at once rendering thems useless, not immoblizing but its last longer than freeze does so its generally better in that type of zone.

to do more damage with a shotugn you need to be closer though, so it would depend on the type of enemy your fighting, and a bit of practice about shoot and run without strafe, I can run around and keep pegging its back without being hit, though im usually paying more attention to trying to debuff everything. If nothing can attack, everyone's job is easier.

and on that note, I love shotguns. I use my rifle to freeze nasty enemies with both melee and magic, such as the robots (also since they have longer animations you can interrupt with freeze where shock cant) silence on casters since they melee weak (or not al all) and it lasts longer than freeze, and likewise for shock on non-casters, and dagger PA to knockover and interrupt their spells whiel tyring to land a debuff with pistol. It seems to end up being a very good mix if your active on switching weapons.

sorry I typoe alot, might've missed a few

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-02 16:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-02 16:21 ]</font>

Brus
Nov 2, 2006, 07:26 PM
I love the shotgun and have all elemental bullets right now at least at 11, with ice being 20 and some other ones in between. My ice shotty kills the dragon faster than my lvl 17 ICE rifle, which is a vullseye grinded to 4 (380 some atp.) It is great for status effects in parties because of its spread and when you get up close all the bullets hit the enemy for x3, x4, or x5 dmg. You may not like it now but when advanced jobs come out I can see some people wishing they leveled them up more.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 07:28 PM
ahotguns are currently my favorite gun by far, I cant wait for the S's, and ability ot grind them.

FenixStryk
Nov 2, 2006, 07:50 PM
Eh, I prefer Crossbows. Faster, more damage, strafeshot enabled...

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-11-02 16:50, FenixStryk wrote:
Eh, I prefer Crossbows. Faster, more damage, strafeshot enabled...

shotugns and crossbows, fortegunner and guntecher, heres where personal syle comes in, glad they placed an alternative for both this time.
PS: shotugns seemed to be a bit mroe reliable ont he statuses to me, maybe ts just me. But I also like how shotugns take so long to run out of PP being slower isnt completely bad.

ProfessorZ
Nov 2, 2006, 09:25 PM
Shotguins so far have sucked for me but I haven't given up on them yet. When moatoab opens I'm gonna try and make a 5 star one

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-11-02 18:25, ProfessorZ wrote:
Shotguins so far have sucked for me but I haven't given up on them yet. When moatoab opens I'm gonna try and make a 5 star one

get the ata/atp arm slot for 18k and level up its bullet past 10 and try it out some more

FenixStryk
Nov 2, 2006, 09:29 PM
The only clear advantage shotguns have is their godly PP. It takes a long, long time to go through it.

ProfessorZ
Nov 2, 2006, 09:32 PM
Machineguns aren't that bad. They do 1/3 damage my pistols do but they do it in rapid succession

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-11-02 18:29, FenixStryk wrote:
The only clear advantage shotguns have is their godly PP. It takes a long, long time to go through it.

equipped correctly they can do good dmg as well, mine hits for 75 three times as ungrinded C, while my 3 grinded B rank rifle does 200ish (GRM). but yea I would agree that their biggest advantage is their PP.

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 11:07 PM
Machineguns isn't bad at all. They are actually better than pistorls and closer to par (but way ahead). Now I would like to try a shotgun. I don't go by word of mouth, but I would rather try out the weapon.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 2, 2006, 11:32 PM
I haven't yet seen a shotgun in stores. I like machineguns, though. They're good crowd control devices, even though they do so little damage.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 2, 2006, 11:36 PM
I love my shotgun, and I like it more with the 4-shot (but 5-shot would be even better of course). I really love the option to spread my damage amongst multiple enemies at once (kinda like the shotguns in PSII) and concentrating my fire on a single foe. Plus, when they allow 5-shots, my fire bullet's gonna look kinda like that famous nostalgic pwnage spread gun from Contra.

As for machineguns...I think they look pretty cool when standing still and firing. Too bad I can't turn with them. Oh yeah, and they run out sooo fast...though I think that's part of the MG's fun.

Sorenia
Nov 3, 2006, 12:01 AM
As I see it the big problem with shotguns is they have short range and right now their power is too low to cause flinching. I've the fire PA up to about 14 now and I'm lvl 31 and it just isn't very worthwhile to ever use it in B rank missions.

The lack of grinding isn't a problem from what I can tell though. Just looking at what happens when you grind a machine gun I'd say it's not much of an upgrade in power. Nor is the lack of B versions a huge deal.

Probably though with a lvl 30 PA and a high base attack power the weapon will become very very good.

Itsuki
Nov 3, 2006, 01:34 AM
You all have this misconception that grinding the shotgun is going to make a difference.

1) They're tenora, which means they grind like crap. What do I mean by crap? I mean, they get basically only PP for +1 through +8. Then +9 and +10 they get almost no pp, and basically as much atp as they got from +1 through +8 in 2 grinds. Its an all or nothing deal. +10 or nothing for tenora.

2) They have no atp to begin with, which means they're not going to gain any atp from grinding. The highest ATP on any B-rank shotgun comes from the experimental. And even that only gets 111 atp at +10. Going from ungrinded to +10 on a B-rank shotgun is going to give you all of 5 damage per bullet. (now the experimental does also go from 26atp ungridned to 111atp at +10, but thats just because its an experimental)

Anyways, I don't think shotguns are that bad. And I think they're great for spreading status effects. Even more so when combined with a zodiaride or an agtaride.