View Full Version : In Extra mode...

Xeveous
Nov 2, 2006, 09:50 PM
Where do you get the wings?

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 2, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-11-02 18:50, Xeveous wrote:
Where do you get the wings?

I've heard its the hive,but dont quote me I could completely wrong.

Xeveous
Nov 2, 2006, 09:53 PM
Hmmm,maybe S-Rank? cause its a pain to get S-rank,lol

Malachon
Nov 2, 2006, 10:24 PM
On 2006-11-02 18:53, Xeveous wrote:
Hmmm,maybe S-Rank? cause its a pain to get S-rank,lol

Tell me about it! The only S-Rank I got was breating Onmagough in 1:06:16 and all I got was a Double Saber! Still, I've been wanting one so all's good. If I hear anything I'll pass it on.

Brus
Nov 2, 2006, 10:25 PM
wings are dropped in the hive

Shanira
Nov 2, 2006, 10:26 PM
Wings? What wings? O_o YOU MUST TELL ME.

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 12:50 AM
Whitill Wings,i just got one,S-Rank extra slot adds 12 end.
Dropped off a uh....wtf are those things the ulgy delsabre thingies....in hive
Saw a Orange armor was like...huh whats this....(course i was ninja looting trying to get s-rank lol)...now all i need is a s-rank armor,unless A-rank lets me equip it

Tystys
Nov 3, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-11-02 19:26, Shanira wrote:
Wings? What wings? O_o YOU MUST TELL ME.

The wings he is talking about are the Whitill Wings.

They're basically just two streams of Photon Enegry eminating from your back.

Look pretty cool in action actually. I'll try to find a video, but your best bet is the Movies/Screenies topic XD

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-11-02 21:50, Xeveous wrote:
Whitill Wings,i just got one,S-Rank extra slot adds 12 end.
Dropped off a uh....wtf are those things the ulgy delsabre thingies....in hive
Saw a Orange armor was like...huh whats this....(course i was ninja looting trying to get s-rank lol)...now all i need is a s-rank armor,unless A-rank lets me equip it

Hmmm. They are called DelSaban. For some reason they don't like Lvl30 Tornado dance. Something about fighting on their back. lol !

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 01:08 AM
Heh,Bogga Danga,with a Light based knuckle....easy as cake,first 3hits kill em.

Sable_Edge
Nov 3, 2006, 01:15 AM
Actually the Del Sabers in the Hive are Deljabens, not Delsabans. Little difference http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2006, 03:19 AM
What are the stats on the wings again? Are they worth using over that B unit that gives auto-regen?

LastEuphoria
Nov 3, 2006, 05:21 AM
The only stat on the wings is, End (Endurance?) + 12.
I only use the wings if i'm farming items at lower level missions.. otherwise, that auto-regen B unit is what I keep on at all times.

Pilla
Nov 3, 2006, 05:49 AM
I found those wings on my first run in the HIVE and was like wow what luck! They give 12 to EN something and they use a pure white spirit as a catalyst when made. My hunter beast can't use them for some reason but I like the LV1 Auto Regen safety heart effects as they feel like a small resta when I fight. Damn I wish extra mode was online then I'd get that old pso feel again...

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 05:51 AM
Is there some kind of perk to playing Extra mode over online mode that I'm missing?

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 05:57 AM
On 2006-11-03 02:51, daylight129 wrote:
Is there some kind of perk to playing Extra mode over online mode that I'm missing?

Saving money ?

Pilla
Nov 3, 2006, 06:06 AM
That and anyone in extra mode will feel they where spoiled a little when they hit online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In extra mode you can earn enough money to easily raise a PM or get those spells needed, but once you hit online mode you'll notice the money drops and items are not as foward as offline mode. In any case if I was in the seats I'd make some changes because I made a prmoise to beat story mode, then ply extra mode, then online mode. I made it to 100 in extra mode and was really excited and pumped for online mode, but the low money and grinding made me feel a little akward knowing the game was like that online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Well that's my case with it :3 otherwise online mode offers more variety of things in terms of crafting but I'll be damned if the money for selling drops and buying where rigged >.> in truth, I don't enjoy online mode nearly at all compared to extra mode :/ ice mission level 60 is a blast when I do those runs compared to the missions so far online..

Shanira
Nov 3, 2006, 11:43 AM
Do the wings drop in story mode too? Because when I was in the HIVE I went all through it, as far as I know, and I didn't find anything.

Wish someone would post a picture. Wings = <3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2006, 04:25 AM
The only stats on the wings are the +end? That's not exactly one of my favorite stats... Unless I get to such a point defensively that I won't need added hp, the Tero / HP Restore seems better... Though maybe I'll like the cosmetics so much that I won't care...

End only effects magic resistance, right?

Syl
Nov 4, 2006, 04:30 AM
I thought it was for more PP recovery?

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:31 AM
On 2006-11-03 08:43, Shanira wrote:
Do the wings drop in story mode too? Because when I was in the HIVE I went all through it, as far as I know, and I didn't find anything.

Wish someone would post a picture. Wings = <3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Better yet,ill post a vid,gimme like 2mins.

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9VdlFSeoCvY&mode=related&search=

Im on PS2 as well,so i cant take a pic of the actually item stats yet.
As for the person who asked about where it drops,it drops in HIVE,random drop...rare...S-rank..10*..good luck =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeveous on 2006-11-04 01:33 ]</font>

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:35 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:25, Zorafim wrote:
The only stats on the wings are the +end? That's not exactly one of my favorite stats... Unless I get to such a point defensively that I won't need added hp, the Tero / HP Restore seems better... Though maybe I'll like the cosmetics so much that I won't care...

End only effects magic resistance, right?

I do not know what Endurance(End.) does,but to me,its useless,i have 2461hp anda 230ish heal(from auto recovery lvl 2) as a 100beast hunter,so its only for effects,yet i cant use it yet for i have not enough meseta to buy a s-rank armor.

Rider
Nov 4, 2006, 04:38 AM
I'm more interested in blackheart or whatever it's called. The extra slot that gives your character a black aura around them. Does anyone know if those extra slots that give you some sort of visual effect work outside of missions? Also, are those things a level 100 type of item? Just kind of wondering when they will get online. I know it will probably be a while though.

Here is a video where Blackheart is shown. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zfELS9AgKKU&mode=related&search= It's torwards the end so you can skip everything else if you don't want to wait for it.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:41 AM
Black Heart,i have it. =)
It adds 9 End.
The effect is only in missions sorry.
As for the lvl of them,all i can tell you is,as soon as i had a extra slot Black Heart,Electro Heart,Safety Heart was usable(B-rank was first extra slot armor for me,and the items are b-rank) i cannot use the S-rank(Whitill Wings) because i only have b-rank armor on atm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeveous on 2006-11-04 01:41 ]</font>

Rider
Nov 4, 2006, 04:46 AM
Does Black Heart drop in Hives aswell?

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:47 AM
Nope,its in Moatoob shop.
gimme a sec and ill list what is in shops.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2006, 04:50 AM
All that slots need to be equipable is an armor piece of the same or higher rank equipped with it. If you buy an S rank armor in extra mode, you can equip any extra slot you wish.

As for the blackheart, I saw it for sale in the tenora shop under slots. Perfectly buyable.

Rider
Nov 4, 2006, 04:52 AM
Oh? Well that's good and bad news in a way. I won't have to go farming for the drop. But, that means everyone will probably have it because of the effect. I doubt it will be in Moatoob shops when the planet is finally opened up online. At least, not right away.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:55 AM
Safety Heart-gives hearts graphic,and recovery lvl 1(Parum / Guardian Colony unit shop)
Electro Heart-gives lightning graphic,6 end.(Neudaiz / Guadian Colony unit shop)
Black Heart- gives black flame graphic,9end. (Moatoob unit shop)
Whitil Wings- Gives wings and glow to body,12end.(Drops in HIVE)

Keep in mind,all these are ONLY available if you have completed story mode.

Rider
Nov 4, 2006, 04:59 AM
How many chapters is storymode?

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:00 AM
12 chapters,you will LOVE last boss. The story is very good too,watch the cutscenes makes it better lol.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2006, 05:07 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:30, WatchThemFeed wrote:

Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd definitely use it if it had something like this on it.

Rider
Nov 4, 2006, 05:11 AM
I've been watching the cutscenes so far. I have accidently skipped some though by hitting enter out of habit.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:20 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:07, Zorafim wrote:

On 2006-11-04 01:30, WatchThemFeed wrote:

Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd definitely use it if it had something like this on it.

Hmm,look at what i posted earlier,i have the wings.the only stats are End. 12.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:21 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:11, Rider wrote:
I've been watching the cutscenes so far. I have accidently skipped some though by hitting enter out of habit.

The main cutscenes to watch IMO are after chapter 4. Thats when everything starts heating up.

D_S
Nov 4, 2006, 05:43 AM
Twelve chapters in story mode.

Maybe I missed it but what slot does that take?Extra?I don't know if I want to give up my PP Generate.That saves me lots of cash.It already has paid for it self.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:45 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:43, D_S wrote:
Twelve chapters in story mode.

Maybe I missed it but what slot does that take?Extra?I don't know if I want to give up my PP Generate.That saves me lots of cash.It already has paid for it self.

What takes what slot?

D_S
Nov 4, 2006, 05:50 AM
The wings.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:52 AM
Extra of course

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2006, 09:59 PM
Ah, back to FFXI's logic again... If it looks silly, it rocks. If it looks flipping sweet, it doesn't do anything...

Well, end. determines resistance against status, right? I wonder if that's nearly as noticeable as the HP recovery...

ambiguous
Nov 15, 2006, 05:20 PM
Yes, there is.

Also, does ANYONE know what End is?

STA is what determines Status Resistance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ambiguous on 2006-11-15 14:21 ]</font>

Flunky
Nov 15, 2006, 05:26 PM
The general consensus now is that higher END/STA reduces the chance of receiving negative status effects. So lower chance of poison, burn, insta-death megid, etc. Doesn't reduce damage, just the chance of getting status effects. Doesn't increase your chance to cause them, nor does it seem to increase PP regen.

(Edit: typo!)

Edit: STA and END are the same thing, actually. Just bad translation efforts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-11-15 14:28 ]</font>

SEB
Nov 15, 2006, 07:52 PM
You can buy the "Black Heart" in I think Moatoob TENORA WORKSHOP. (equips to A armor)
The "Saftey Heart" in Parum GRM SHOP.

All after you beat the story mode of course...hope that helped, and yea The DelSabans drop the wings.