PDA

View Full Version : So the stats you gain from leveling increase if your class l

Reidar
Nov 3, 2006, 12:32 AM
Would that mean that somebody at level 1 or 2 who trailed along missions with higher level players, without killing anything themselves, and got their Hunter level up to, say, 10, have a huge advantage over others as they level that character up?

I wouldn't leech like that, but I have leveled up some without completing the mission, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to start over and focus on S-Ranks early.

Or does it not matter, because every character has a set limit on what their stats can be, so while it may sort of unbalanced in the beginning, everyone will eventually reach the same thing by the higher levels?

Itsuki
Nov 3, 2006, 12:37 AM
The stats you get from job are proportional to level. So yes its stats will be higher, but nothing game breaking. The real question is why even be leeched? If they go a leech, more power to them, go ahead with those extra stats.

Reidar
Nov 3, 2006, 12:52 AM
It would seem that the extra gain would add up over time, however. Of course, if there's a set limit on character stats that everyone will eventually reach at one point or another, then this concern is moot, so I'm trying to find out.

DavisMarkin
Nov 3, 2006, 01:32 AM
Well, when you gain a class level, your stats increase as well, so I'm guessing that's just normalizing your stats to the new class/level combination, which means that, not hitting 10 immediately is still not going to affect your final performance.

Sorenia
Nov 3, 2006, 01:39 AM
If I understand your question Reidar.

You are asking if you can somehow get higher stats in the end by raising your class level early?

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no.

Reidar
Nov 3, 2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, but as I understand, besides that stat gain that you mentioned when you level up a class, a level 5 Hunter will have higher ATP raises when they level (their normal leveling, not their class level) than a level 2 Hunter will.

So if I have a level 20 character, but I'm only level 3 on Hunter, won't I be weaker than someone who got there earlier than I did, because they've had bigger gains whenever they level? And this is something that would only magnify over time?

Sorenia
Nov 3, 2006, 01:53 AM
Yeah, but as I understand, besides that stat gain that you mentioned when you level up a class, a level 5 Hunter will have higher ATP raises when they level (their normal leveling, not their class level) than a level 2 Hunter will.

But you get stat gains when you raise your class level too. So in your scenario the level 5 hunter might get more atp when going from level 15-16.

In the reverse situation a level 2 hunter who is char level 40 would get way more atp when going from hunter level 2-3.

In the end though if what I'm explaining is confusing I will simply say the answer is "no" you don't have to worry about what you are worrying about. Feel free to level however you want and know your stats will be optimal.

Itsuki
Nov 3, 2006, 01:58 AM
Basically it works like this. It would appear that a person that is hunter level 10 and is leveling up each level is gaining more per level than someone that is hunter level 1. Infact, they will be. But its misleading. Because this is because the hunter part is also there.

At level 40 with hunter level 10, no matter if you started from level 1 at hunter level 10 or if you started at hunter level 1, you'll still have the same stats. Its just a multiplier.

Pengfishh
Nov 3, 2006, 02:10 AM
Yes, Type Level is like a shirt, see. Underneath you're natural, but then you've got that little extra layer.

Reidar
Nov 3, 2006, 03:03 AM
I see now. I was unclear as to how this system worked. Thanks, all.