PDA

View Full Version : At what point should I be a little Greedy?

DarkSeph
Nov 3, 2006, 01:26 AM
Currently I'm level 17 Holy Bell Human Female. I occasionally play with groups of people but was waiting till I leveled a bit higher so I wouldn't be a total let down to the teams I join.

Anyway, when I play with other people I try not to take anything at all from chests and even enemies cuz I'm mainly in it for the experience but at what point should I be greedy and just take some things? When I played this one last nite I basically was leaving everything of real value because I didn't want to tick off the person I was playing with into not wanting to play with me anymore. I did take mates if I saw them cuz I was getting beat down by the robots pretty badly but other than that....

So just curious what opinions people have on this sort of thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-11-02 22:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-11-02 22:29 ]</font>

-Break-
Nov 3, 2006, 01:28 AM
This is why you play in rooms with drops set to either random distribtuion or ordered distribution.
Personally I prefer non-rares set to ordered, and rares set to random.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-11-02 22:29 ]</font>

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 01:28 AM
If you can use it...take it.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 3, 2006, 01:31 AM
If it's less than 100 meseta the forces can clean it up. If it's higher, it's mine.
If it's mates I take if I have room for them.
I don't touch rares unless I absolutely need them.

However i'm into the habit of only joining parties with Rare:Random and Normal:Line, so I grab whatever I see. Meseta is the same. <100 and the mages can fight the melee to get to it first. >100 and it goes into my bank. I love the big dudes in Relics-A b/c they drop 700+ often. <3

Kie
Nov 3, 2006, 01:32 AM
random rare distrubutiion is good

Sorenia
Nov 3, 2006, 01:48 AM
My advice is don't ever play in games that don't have loot set to rare/in-order. That way you don't have to worry about being greedy and you don't have to worry about arguments over it.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 3, 2006, 01:53 AM
i pick up everything that drops :/ just my normal way of thinking from PSO

DarkSeph
Nov 3, 2006, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the advice, I will look for missions that have those settings and if I don't join ones like those I will either make one or just play for the fun. It's nice to not care if you get anything or not and just play for the fun sometimes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
Nov 3, 2006, 01:55 AM
I don't understand that finders rooms. Who really benefits from finders? Hunters only. Everyone else gets shafted.

I don't play in rooms that have finders on. I also prefer random for rares, ordered for non-rares. This was also the standard in pretty much all jp rooms. (though apparently the americans are greedy, so the standard in american rooms is finders). The main reason for random on rares is because on ordered, people try to rig the randomness. Like if they got the last rare, then they'll pick up a crap rare (like a cosmos atomizer board) to make their spot in the rare line closer. But if they didn't get the last one, then they might just leave that board there. Stuff like that.

deadvk
Nov 3, 2006, 02:06 AM
On 2006-11-02 22:53, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
i pick up everything that drops :/ just my normal way of thinking from PSO

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 3, 2006, 02:11 AM
I think pretty much No1 cares what type of loot it is... im lvl 24 and i just join rooms based on how long the mission has been going. i never look at the loot type lol. and whenever i do make a room which i have lately i just put whatever my party asks. My parties never have Forces or Rangers, ALL hunters baby.

like just now before maintence we downed that flying freak in neudiaz, B rank mission(lvl 30+ monsters). 4 person party lvls 20-24 and a 28, it was fun but 2 people died and no S rank ; ; and it was all Hunter group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2006-11-02 23:13 ]</font>

The_Gio
Nov 3, 2006, 02:13 AM
well what i do,is if theres two boxes and i destory them and theres two items, i just pick up one and let any other person pick up the other. Im usually nice with the ppl i play with cuz i could pick up an item they want and usually they give some kind of sign of disapointment (like a face ;_;) and i just ask them if they want it. Im not the type to be like "NO I FOUND IT,ITS MINE" and i prefer rares to be set to whoever finds them cuz it sucks if u find it and pick it up and someone else gets it

Ryogen
Nov 3, 2006, 02:17 AM
Well I always have rares on random and items in order. Becuase i'm all about fareness and equalness, I don't play or make games that has "Give Finder", becuase there are players out there that only care about loot and themselves. Using you as a tool to get want they want and leave.
So I keeps it fair.

DarkSeph
Nov 3, 2006, 02:20 AM
When I was playing last nite at one point I was worried the people I was playing with might be thinking I was just coasting through the missions for exp, cuz I wasn't taking any items but let me explain. They were going up to enemies balls blazing, taking damage and having near death experiences and I like an idiot forgot to be ANY mates before battle (fed my PM hehe) and so I'd wait for good times to hit the enemies, like I do when I play by myself. (ex: circle an enemy till he attacks first then lay into him with all force)

This is a little off topic and yet it's not because sometimes I consider getting experience to be like getting rares, just curious if anyone else agrees with me?

The_Gio
Nov 3, 2006, 02:22 AM
i sorta agree with u, i get really happy when i lvl up

Shinou
Nov 3, 2006, 03:13 AM
On 2006-11-02 22:55, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I don't understand that finders rooms. Who really benefits from finders? Hunters only. Everyone else gets shafted.

I don't play in rooms that have finders on. I also prefer random for rares, ordered for non-rares. This was also the standard in pretty much all jp rooms. (though apparently the americans are greedy, so the standard in american rooms is finders). The main reason for random on rares is because on ordered, people try to rig the randomness. Like if they got the last rare, then they'll pick up a crap rare (like a cosmos atomizer board) to make their spot in the rare line closer. But if they didn't get the last one, then they might just leave that board there. Stuff like that.

Umm....maybe at low level missions people just leave them both on finder. But high level missions EVERYONE has it random/order. Stop acting like we dont have any morals sheesh

SonicTMP
Nov 3, 2006, 03:46 AM
even in give finder take what you can. everything is usabel in one way or another. Weither its vendor fodder or PM food. At this point in the game there are no super rares that people will stalk you in real life over if you snag it before them. It's not like everyone isn't running the same damn mission 50 billion times so you'll never see those items more than once in the space of say... 10 seconds.

BrentGamer
Nov 3, 2006, 04:09 AM
Honestly, if i'm really out to get a bunch of items and a make a ton of Meseta, I do solo missions. In fact, I did just that earlier and found a RELICS Edge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But seeing as how i've already stocked up on alot of items and have a small fortune stored in my PM, I team up with others for the feeling of camaraderie I get when I beat tough missions with my friends.

And for the mission points I get from the tough missions. Those are nice too. Being a Fortegunner is going to rock!

But normally, if i'm in a party with "Finders-Keepers" turned on, I might pick up a dropped item every now-and-then or bust open a box and take the contents inside, but I don't go out of my way to make sure I pick up every last item during a mission. And for places where I know that there is alot of rare loot (i.e. the 5 boxes on RELICS with the Nanocarbon and Nanosilica in them), i'll take one box and take the contents from it. I don't take the whole stash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BrentGamer on 2006-11-03 01:10 ]</font>

wildstar
Nov 3, 2006, 09:23 AM
On 2006-11-02 22:53, DarkSeph wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I will look for missions that have those settings and if I don't join ones like those I will either make one or just play for the fun. It's nice to not care if you get anything or not and just play for the fun sometimes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Exactly!

I feel the same way, btw. I hate to think people might think I'm greedy, so if I make a game it's Rare: Random, Common: Order. If the game I'm in, for whatever reason, is Finder then I suggest they switch it. Its amazing how many people still don't know about the different loot options. Usually when you tell people they're glad to know and happy to switch it right then and there.

Btw, we're about the same level. If you want to play tonight I'll be making a team for repeat Relics c-rank runs tonight at around 6pm in Universe 3 (I'll call it Jin's Jolly Crew or something like that). Feel free to join in!

Trinacepti
Nov 3, 2006, 11:23 AM
I'm with the consensus Rare Random/Normal In-Order.
90% of the time I make my own games and I always use those settings.
The 10% I don't make my own and join others I only join with those settings.

Deus-Irae
Nov 3, 2006, 11:37 AM
On 2006-11-02 22:53, DarkSeph wrote:

exactly. thats what makes the drop settings in this game so great. just set and forget. just play and have fun. you get what you get.

i love the random/order settings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deus-Irae on 2006-11-03 08:37 ]</font>

Ichy
Nov 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm quite relieved to hear about this random / ordered stuff, I haven't played online yet and I was actually kinda worried that looting would be a free for all. I mean, what if you had some dick in the party not doing his job and just ninjaing everything? Not cool.

Takame
Nov 3, 2006, 12:39 PM
If your a ranger it really depends on how you play during give finder if you get shafted or not. Me being a beast and going from hunter to ranger (for figunner) I still use my handgun/saber and the handgun has less of a cooldown than a melee weapon. So, when fighting I get up in their faces also and I am able to pick up an item faster than a hunter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. I still avoid give finder games but I am very greedy if I accidently join one -.-.