PDA

View Full Version : PSO dungeons vs PSU dungeons

RamenEater
Nov 3, 2006, 02:12 AM
What do you guys think? So far I think the boss fights in PSO are still more creative. Both the dragon and the gargoyle arent as fun as De Rol le or Volt Op.

The dungeons are fun in PSU but the only obstacles in them are enemies. In PSO there were smashing columns in the caves, lights going off in mines, robots that shot rockets in the air.

I know alot of the stuff is locked but hopefully dungeons and boss fights will get a little more interesting.

The_Gio
Nov 3, 2006, 02:15 AM
i agree

Deja
Nov 3, 2006, 02:16 AM
I'd like to see more traps set in dungeons, like in PSO. I'm SO glad they left out the "4 buttons pressed to proceed" garbage. Lets me solo once in a while. The boss battles so far have been fun, no complaints there.

I think future story missions will hopefully bring some variety back into the dungeons.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 3, 2006, 02:20 AM
What PSU needs to do is use the damn FPS system more in the line of "Hit the weak spot" and not just a way to hit flying enemies. Of which those only exist on Parum, and a few bosses. NOTE: I'm not in story mode yet so I don't know if others exist.

Lights going off in PSO was fun. Lights going off in PSU would be funny with all the noises people make. I would feel funny hacking away at mobs when I hear kinky sounds but can't see the person doing it. >_>

There is a rocket launcher, and believe me you don't want to be on the business end of it or the anti-personel grenade launcher. Especially if you have less than 500 HP and go above C-Rank. >_>;

Del Rol Le and Vol Opt where two very good boss battles, i'll give you that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-02 23:21 ]</font>

RamenEater
Nov 3, 2006, 02:21 AM
I wonder if they will add more dungeons that arent in the story mode. Maybe perhaps even some retro PSO dungeons =D

Azure247
Nov 3, 2006, 02:21 AM
I thought the dungeons and bosses were bland too, but when I told my party that they scowled at me like Im a terrorist.

The_Gio
Nov 3, 2006, 02:26 AM
does anyone else get reminded of the ruins when playing in the relic runs?

atomisk
Nov 3, 2006, 02:27 AM
that would be an awesome twist, if somehow you could end up on ragol (some kind of teleporter i guess, and yes I realize that the two games are in completely different time periods) but that would still be cool

RamenEater
Nov 3, 2006, 02:27 AM
The ruins were still cooler. I had fun with relics but man i think its just missing the "umph"

Deja
Nov 3, 2006, 02:28 AM
playing on the guardian ship levels reminds me of Ruins more. Oh and Azure, go to Neudiuz, that scenery is very nice.

Nani-chan
Nov 3, 2006, 02:29 AM
I think Nuedez music is better than allot of Pso music. Gohamon kinda remind me of Hildeblues too.

I'm praying that allot of things are coming out in the next year though. Allot of times at the checkpoints there are walls that look like they could be removed to allow access to new areas.

Eviltaru
Nov 3, 2006, 02:30 AM
I hope Sega America is preparing something good for us soon >.< otherwise I'll get bored soon with this so called "Demo Online PSU" XD

Garnet_Moon
Nov 3, 2006, 02:33 AM
On 2006-11-02 23:27, RamenEater wrote:
The ruins were still cooler. I had fun with relics but man i think its just missing the "umph"

I hated the ruins because it was the home of the Delsabers. I hate the Relics because it has bunny hoppers and speed hacking mobs.

I love Raffon Meadows because I push one button and things die. <3

The_Gio
Nov 3, 2006, 02:42 AM
lol i loved the mines,i hated the caves and the ruins were ok i just hated when (i forgot their real name) the horsemen would come out of nowhere and finish what the delsabers had done to me

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 03:17 AM
For some reason, it pains me to admit and say that the PSO levels seemed a bit more...wide open and transversable. Like...an explorable world. The PSU levels sort of seem like room after room of enemies beyond enemies. Even though PSO was the same, it didn't feel that way because of how intuitive the levels were.

Stryfe1
Nov 3, 2006, 03:27 AM
Give PSU some time, your acting as if this is going to be the only content. I played and fought the 3 big bosses, Dragon, Robot and that one ugly looking bat d00d and I had a blast.

This game has a more overall Phantasy Star feel if your going back to the earlier platform games. Spaceship travel, ground travel and mount. Having an android companion npc (Wren and Mieu)

The lobbies on PSO sucked, and most of the monsters were just re-hash of another monster that basically did the same attacks.

This is by far the best one to date, except for the storyline from what I've seen so far.

Phantasy Star 1 and 3 (Rhys - Ayn - Sean) own as far as storyline.

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 03:28 AM
I beat the whole of story mode. And from what I'm guessing, the updates and what is to be released, is that of the levels you go through in the story mode. Would I be incorrect? Because I still felt the same way. But then again I could be paranoid or something of the sort.

RamenEater
Nov 3, 2006, 03:31 AM
Yea like i said, i understand most of the stuff is locked though. I've only played PSO and PSU so thats as far as my comparisons go lol. I'm just saying PSO reallly hit the spot, like dead on, not just because it was the first online rpg for console, it had the "Umph".

But PSU is still very fun of course.

Hajile
Nov 3, 2006, 03:39 AM
No one hangs out in the "goal lobby" after the missions over? The one on Parum with the waterfall in the background looked really big. Although I have seen alot of screenshots of people useing the Neudiaz hot spring goal lobby.