PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher help

IKoRaiZa
Nov 3, 2006, 02:32 AM
For anyone that has played the wartecher class (I guess this only goes to the JP-PSU players) can you go over how the class plays? Are you generally wanted in groups? Can you heal in a pinch and buff well if your the only force type in the party? How's your damage output with PAs compared to fortefighters? techs compared to fortechers?

Also a side question, are shifta and deband in this game?

Rattetsu
Nov 3, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well I'm not sure about how they are in a party, but I do know there is something similar to shifta and deband in story. Although im not sure if they left that out in offline like they did a lot of things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

klunka
Nov 3, 2006, 04:20 PM
You can cast reverser, I doubt people will be turning you away. ESPECIALLY at the higher levels.

I haven't played the JP version or any expert classes but I guarantee you, the damage output of the hybrid classes will never match any of the forte classes.

Like I said, I haven't played yet, but I see the Wartecher as a buff/reverser casting class. Seeing as how you can be in the thick of things much more efficiently than other forces. When things are calm, you can start to support the Fortefighters/Figunners in melee.

Again, just the way I see things playing out with the info I have.

Trinacepti
Nov 3, 2006, 04:32 PM
I thought it'd play like hunewearl in pso did, it seems kind of a similar class.

Wallin
Nov 3, 2006, 05:03 PM
On 2006-11-03 13:20, klunka wrote:
You can cast reverser, I doubt people will be turning you away. ESPECIALLY at the higher levels.

Is Reverser that important in higher levels? The only place you need it so far is Neudaiz.

klunka
Nov 3, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-11-03 14:03, Wallin wrote:

Is Reverser that important in higher levels? The only place you need it so far is Neudaiz.

Remember there's a whole planet we haven't even seen yet. Along with guardian missions. There is no doubt in my mind that spell will be mandatory with most parties come late game.

Even at lvl 20, if you've got a human or newman, I'm sure the resta is nothing to scoff at. Casts and Beasts MST probably won't make up much for that however. Sure, we'd all love the range and power of a lvl 30 resta, but you need to decide if it's worth giving that up for the chance to jump into melee from time to time.

I also don't see a whole lot of fortetechers with the debuffs lvl'd very high. Not sure about buffs, but I would not be surprised to see debuffs fall on the Hybrid-Techers.

Wait ... are there debuffs in the game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klunka on 2006-11-03 14:43 ]</font>