PDA

View Full Version : Planet names

ashramrak
Nov 3, 2006, 05:03 AM
sorry if this has been mentionned before but...

am I the only one to think that the PSU planet names looks like/reminds the ones from the old school PS games ?

aka Palma, Dezoris & Motavia ?

(PSU : Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob)

just a thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashramrak on 2006-11-03 02:04 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Nov 3, 2006, 05:08 AM
Aren't the colors of the planets similar, too?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that PSO's seals had the same colors on them.

ashramrak
Nov 3, 2006, 05:09 AM
yup the colors are exactly the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 05:48 AM
I've recently taken to being silly and elitist and calling them Palm, Mota, and New Dezo. The Dezo thing is dumb, but I just hate the new names. I'm sure they'll grow on me eventually, but right now? Classics FTW.

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 06:01 AM
But...that's not what they're called...

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 06:08 AM
No obviously. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I'll take being silly and elitist over the new names at the moment. Like I said, I'm sure things will change as I grow used to this new nomenclature.

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 06:09 AM
I have to say I'm very impressed.

I don't know what nomenclature means. o_o

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 06:13 AM
Nomenclature... How to define that... heh. I guess you'd say it refers to any terms or names being used for a certain grouping. Like "Tort" is legal nomenclature, "robertson's head" is home repair nomenclature, and "monomate" is Phantasy Star nomenclature.

It's basically all the silly names we've given things.

Sinue_v2
Nov 4, 2006, 02:22 AM
I've also been calling them by the Phantasy Star names - Palma, Motavia, Dezolis.

Yes, they have the same colors, and they represent the planets from the original game. Even Neudaiz (New Dezolis) which, while not a frozen wasteland similar to Hoth from Star Wars, is made of up over 90% water. Water is just liquid ice.

Now.. i just wonder where Ryukros is at? Or Rulakas? Whatever they decide to name it.

(PS: Ryukros is probably left out because it's not a major planet in the Algol solar system. It's not a part of the seal, and the seal of Algol was generally what Phantasy star was always centered around. Hence, no need to reference it when referencing the seal in other games like PSO and PSU.)

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 02:26 AM
Nice triple post there buddy XD

Saigan
Nov 4, 2006, 02:29 AM
I like how this topic reappears every week. Just like the MUTT DITZ POUMN topics over on the PSO General boards.

Sinue_v2
Nov 4, 2006, 02:39 AM
Well, it was the same thing with MUTT DITZ POUMN. They litterally referenced Motavia, Dezolis, and Palma. They seal which held the profound darkness was analagous to the seal on the spaceship ruins which contained Dark Falz.