PDA

View Full Version : Should my Hunter have a PM-410 or PM-450?

Dr_Lantis
Nov 3, 2006, 02:59 PM
I only plan on making one POW PM, so it seems better to make a PM-410, but I like the support of the PM-450. I'm leaning towards a PM-410, but what does PSOW think?

Akaimizu
Nov 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
I don't really have an opinion. It really depends on what matters most important to you. Someone can even get by on a PM that doesn't necessarily easily provide items they can use at all, just because they know it'll make them a mint by selling the highly demanded stuff to others.

For me, personally, I have a Ranger who is thinking about going GunTecher, in the future. My primary fight style will be hunter-support. So the PM I'm raising should hopefully be a 420. My preference to go for claws and such. So my decision was more based on a combat idea, plus one that also makes plenty of good weapons and technique items. (Since I'll probably put some good Tech levels into it). But all of that is just my preference.

You'll probably get less of a "man, that choice is *gimped*" reply, from the PSU community. This whole game environment is so much more relaxed because, well, there's many ways to improve yourself.

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2006, 04:06 PM
I may as well ask this here. I love the look of the 430 model (I think that's right. The Amish looking one), but I'm making a hunter as my main. Would the 30 some levels used to start making the 430 be missed, or should I just go with the 410 so that making melee weapons would be easier?

Numnuttz
Nov 3, 2006, 04:06 PM
if you want resta than make a 450. if you want another fighting partner a 410. it really depends what you plan to use your pm for. if its battle wise i would have to say a 450 cause as a hunter you can benefit off the free resta your pm gives.

Mazoku
Nov 3, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm a hunter and I just got my 450 today. I am very happy with it. I was a bit concerned that maybe it wouldn't heal enough, but it does a fairly good job of it. I also love the things she says. She's twisted. lol

Akaimizu
Nov 3, 2006, 04:09 PM
Do you plan to make your PM the primary source of your own weapons you use on the field? If so, I think you'd be leaning towards a Hunter-style combat PM of the 410 model.

But word of warning. Oftentimes raising a PM to become a battle style the same as your character often clashes with each other. So there's a bit of tradeoff between a PM grown for synthing and a PM grown for combat. I've already seen the issues a Hunter can have with a Hunter PM, in the field. Since the PM counts as a completely different party member, any monster the PM kills without the Hunter owner tagging, will not give its owner experience points. And because the PM can be quite powerful when it fights, it has a high possibility of *stealing* kills before the hunter can tag em. I've seen that issue come up in true practice online.

Also, if you decide to remove the PM or they die, it also affects the rank. Just a word of warning. I'm sure knowing that, you can have a good amount of fun with one, as long as you know the risks.

My choice was using a PM that's compatible with my combat since a Ranger has no problem tagging with even an overactive Hunter PM. And It's for synthing for the two groups that I'm to play a support role to.

It's all in the planning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-03 13:15 ]</font>

Dr_Lantis
Nov 3, 2006, 04:10 PM
I've choose on the 410 (my PM is currently 11/0/1/0), so I guess I'm stuck with it.

Tygrus
Nov 3, 2006, 05:29 PM
On 2006-11-03 13:09, Mazoku wrote:
I'm a hunter and I just got my 450 today. I am very happy with it. I was a bit concerned that maybe it wouldn't heal enough, but it does a fairly good job of it. I also love the things she says. She's twisted. lol

How long did it take you to get your 450? I'm a force and trying to get a 450 has been painstakingly slow (my PM's level is still in the single digits). did you feed it anything else other than discs, wands, and rods?

DrewSeleski
Nov 3, 2006, 05:33 PM
I would suggest a 450 with a 410 made on a different character. You absolutly cannot trust any other pm in battle unless you have a force(or force hybrid when expert classes are out) in your party or want to use star atomizers since they have no way of regaining any hp otherwise.

Mazoku
Nov 3, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-11-03 14:29, Tygrus wrote:
How long did it take you to get your 450? I'm a force and trying to get a 450 has been painstakingly slow (my PM's level is still in the single digits). did you feed it anything else other than discs, wands, and rods?

It's not a pure 450. Right now its 50 striking and 30 TECHNIC. I followed the 'quick and dirty mind PM' guide in the other forum.

I started on it on Thursday when the 360 version came out. So it took me a week. I fed it rods, wands and various restoratives. (dimates, trimates, sol atomizers, moon atomizers, etc.) I just searched people's shops for "wand', "rod", "starra" and "staff" and bought any 2* items that were 500 meseta or under.

Rider
Nov 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
I planned to go 450 (quick and dirty mind guide one) for my hunter. Later on I will make a second character that will have pure striking for synthing items.

Shinomaru
Nov 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
Im a Hunter Planning on being a Figunner or Wartecher current have Hunter 5 Ranger 3 Force 5 . So i chose 420. as for healing if i dont mind using Mates and Stars for me and my PM. also im always usually with a friend force. and according to those that have 450's they really dont battle or heal that much as we think so thats another reason why i chose 420 style and difference. cause most people will have 410's >_>

DrewSeleski
Nov 3, 2006, 06:22 PM
They are just as active as any other NPC.

Shinomaru
Nov 3, 2006, 06:34 PM
that may be true. but here is an example our story npc's that we get for doing tutorial thought they shud act the same they dont. to me the most active out of all of them is Beast NPC. i have hyuga and all he does is stand there and talk and attack when everything is long gone. ive seen the newman npc she never really attacks due to her being range. i think there are still some kinks in the npc AI due to its weapon use/ fighting style.

DrewSeleski
Nov 3, 2006, 06:35 PM
It's probably just your own bias

Mazoku
Nov 3, 2006, 08:19 PM
I have to say after hearing all the negative things people are saying about the 450 on this board I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw what she really does. I don't understand the complaints.

It does help to run ahead to the far side of the monsters so she gets closer to them and engages them.

We tried using Maya last night and there is no comparison between her and the 450. Maya is useless.