PDA

View Full Version : Transfer story mode data to a different computer.

Retlaf
Nov 3, 2006, 03:10 PM
Is there a way to take my story mode data and transfer it to my other computer? All the files in the program folder are so... uncomprehensible. I was thinking there would be a data file somewhere..

Alternatively, the "Do not save game data on server" option intrigues me. Does this simply mean my story mode data is saved server side? (if so, this would work)

Kura_Kai
Nov 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
I am not to sure how the pc version works out, but I am going to get the game tommorow and I can mess around with it and figure it out rather quickly. I believe it saves it on the server and you can test it out on another computer. If that doesn't work then your best bet is to transfer all the files that aren't executable. But I will get back to you on this tommorow after I get the game.

Akaimizu
Nov 3, 2006, 03:15 PM
I believe PSU holds the Offline data saves in a single file in your My Documents folder somewhere. I'd probably copy the one relating to PSU. I think that would work.

Kura_Kai
Nov 3, 2006, 03:19 PM
Yea that should work also, you can test that out by logging in as someone else on your computer and seeing if it is still there. But now that I think of it the 360 version required that you atleast have a silver xbox live acount. Meaning that you needed a internet connection for that one.

Akaimizu
Nov 3, 2006, 03:30 PM
To clarify, Live Silver or Gold is only required for online.

You can make a totally offline Gamertag profile, and that's all that is needed to run and save the offline games. It's because each game data save is saved under the game and attached to a profile, to be able to keep track of who's save file is who's.

On the 360, it would simply be kept under the Phantasy Star Universe game saves for whatever memory unit you used for the offline data.

PC games tend to not bother to tell you, right away, where they store the save data. PSU follows the ever growing popularity of games that save to similarly named directories in your My Documents folder. Which is probably made popular by making it easy to retain save data even after uninstalling a game and removing its directories (and installing it again).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-03 12:35 ]</font>

Ri0T
Nov 3, 2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, the save files are in a Sega folder in My Documents. It may be interesting to note that the JP and US save files are interchangeable thankfully. After installing the US version, I was able to continue right where I left off in Story mode, with Extra mode unlocked and everything.