PDA

View Full Version : kinda upset with psu

blackmajik
Nov 3, 2006, 05:12 PM
hey. first off i wanna say im not here to bash the game but i am a little upset with it. ive been looking foward to this game for so long, and now that i have it im really not too pleased. i dont know what it is. i loved pso. and played for like 600+ hours but with this game im only at level 16 and im fidning myself extremeley bored. i also realize that half the game hasent been released but i feel like i would still be bored even if it was all open. does the game get any better (besides rares) or should i just quit as is?

i want to love this game but i feel like im not having fun when i play it and its just a chore.

=(

Gavin_King
Nov 3, 2006, 05:21 PM
Play with friends, or make new friends.

The games have always been about community and interaction...

Rovest
Nov 3, 2006, 05:24 PM
I felt similar after my first week. Having Trouble Getting my level 12 Force in to parties doing Sleeping ruin cause the noobs have realized that S rank is important, and don't wanna chance a death, and then having to play by my self or at lower level areas for 10s, Even got so bad i leveld up a level 13 hunter before the next day and started playing as my force again which is curtently 20 and once more soloing by my self as a ranger.... THe game is sad at times but .... play the off line mode if you cant take the online mode right now... all i can say to answer your question.

verc
Nov 3, 2006, 05:25 PM
I can certainly see why some people would not like PSU at this stage, with limited items and quests. But PSO episode 1 was ALL grinding, all killing Diablo 2 style. If you liked that I can't see why PSU would be less entertaining. Granted I'd like to see Lobby Soccer and PvP, but I'm sure that's in the works

Socializing, visiting rooms, partying with random people and trying to talk while fighting, typing while killing stuff, trying to make rares, leveling up the mag and trying to make weapons/armor, openning up shop and selling stuff. I think PSU does have a lot of offer even at this point.

Thing is you have to look for stuff to do. I definitely think there's a lot of content in this initial release.

Thing is I am playing with a group of friends I always play MMO's/RTS with. So we get on skype and chat, bash, talk about work or "I just met this chick at this club and got her number but damn I have to get this weapon so I'm gonna play PSU instead!" kind of BS.

Do you solo a lot? I hate solo'ing, I stopped playing WoW when a lot of my RL friends stopped playing, MMO's just are not fun to me w/o a big social aspect.

Wallin
Nov 3, 2006, 05:26 PM
Because the hype about getting something is always greater than actually having it.

Hence why so many people are crying about all the things the Japanese people have. If we didn't know it existed to begin with, everyone would be perfectly happy with what they had. And the moment something as "exciting" as Moatoob come out, people will make a huge deal about it, camp the heck out of it for a week, and then ask when the next planet is coming out.

You need to find a group of friends, a good one. If not there would be no point in playing the online mode, you could just go follow the awesome adventures of Ethan!!... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

klunka
Nov 3, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-11-03 14:26, Wallin wrote:
Because the hype about getting something is always greater than actually having it.

Hence why so many people are crying about all the things the Japanese people have. If we didn't know it existed to begin with, everyone would be perfectly happy with what they had. And the moment something as "exciting" as Moatoob come out, people will make a huge deal about it, camp the heck out of it for a week, and then ask when the next planet is coming out.

Moatoob is a special case. As there is obviously another planet to select when traveling, and a blatant port to Moatoob at the Guardian Colony. They didn't try to hide the fact that the online mode is really only half done.

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
It isn't half done, they just haven't unlocked it.

DoubleJG
Nov 3, 2006, 05:58 PM
Bored of network mode? Play offline for the time being. I've heard of people getting bored quickly in this game but I've not come anywhere near of boredom. Why? For network mode I have about 23ish hours of play and am only level 17. I'm casually playing the game, making new friends, chatting, and exploring the cities. Sure I could do constant Relics runs or Dragon runs for high exp and whatnot, but I enjoy variety and like mixing it up. I also agree with the community comments. Once you find the right/fun people to play with, the entire experience changes to double the pleasure, double the fun, double mint gum. Ya, hah anyways take a break for awhile then if story won't work out for you.

AeraLure
Nov 3, 2006, 06:23 PM
So far, I agree, PSO had just that little something that is so far missing in PSU. I dont know if it was onlie quests and NPC interaction over those 30-some quests, Nightmare etc, or simply the excitement of possibly finding something cool and useful rare-wise right on enemy kill rather than having to go sync it - and at this point not even being able to do that. Maybe it was style too, as PSU is sort of even more generic online than PSO was - PSO had more color, design style. Dont get me wrong - I am enjoying it - just not as much as PSO. I hope we get online quests with NPCs and/or the humor style of PSO days during those things as well as special events, more missions and variety (god I am bored to tears of running the same thing already and this never happened even in PSO v1).

Looking forward that update that may come in 3-4 weeks and the meantime I am grinding for my PM. Hopefully having a better PM will make the synching aspect of the game better. PSU still needs a little flare, be it online events, quests or more layout/randomness in missions. Something.

Dont get me wrong though, I am enjoying it and its good to be in Phantasy Star land again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-03 15:24 ]</font>

uhawww
Nov 3, 2006, 06:26 PM
Many JP players had this exact same problem.
Wait until the first couple of updates to the system...
it opens the game wide up.

Deprimenthia
Nov 3, 2006, 06:27 PM
Haha... I don't know. I love this game so far. I haven't played it online, though. The main story's plot is surprisingly intriguing, and the idea of separating the chapters up and when you hear that song right after a chapter, I get that warm and fuzzy feeling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Meh. To each their own. I'm having a great time!

Mac2492
Nov 3, 2006, 06:31 PM
On 2006-11-03 15:27, Deprimenthia wrote:
Haha... I don't know. I love this game so far. I haven't played it online, though. The main story's plot is surprisingly intriguing, and the idea of separating the chapters up and when you hear that song right after a chapter, I get that warm and fuzzy feeling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Does "warm fuzzy feeling" = "YES, I can finally save the game and get some sleep"? =P

That's how I felt some times. The story is great, but it's very time-consuming.

Weak
Nov 3, 2006, 06:34 PM
What's missing from PSU, for me, is a larger variety of quests and rare equipment. Right now there are plenty of rare materials, but it's a little disappointing that there is so little to use those materials on. In the mean time, it's just playing with friends and doing mission on Parum. Which is fine, but it can only last so long.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 3, 2006, 06:42 PM
go to Neudiaz, sure its harder but alot more fun. Game is alot more enjoyable when you have a good chance of dieing.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 3, 2006, 06:43 PM
Whats missing for me is, Small Lobbys With just the right amount of players. On DC I could know about everyone and on PSU theres 200 people in a area not much bigger then a DC pso lobby. Idk something missing and this game is getting super boring for me. I havent leveled in 3 days and Ive just synthed a few items, Ran around and talked to some people, other then that im hella bored.

Deprimenthia
Nov 3, 2006, 06:49 PM
On 2006-11-03 15:31, Mac2492 wrote:

On 2006-11-03 15:27, Deprimenthia wrote:

Does "warm fuzzy feeling" = "YES, I can finally save the game and get some sleep"? =P

That's how I felt some times. The story is great, but it's very time-consuming.

Sometimes >> But it's still very fulfilling.

Dhylec
Nov 3, 2006, 07:12 PM
I guess some overhyped this game & now feel let down by the 'minimal' content. Typical. ;]

cobfab
Nov 3, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-11-03 14:12, blackmajik wrote:
hey. first off i wanna say im not here to bash the game but i am a little upset with it. ive been looking foward to this game for so long, and now that i have it im really not too pleased. i dont know what it is. i loved pso. and played for like 600+ hours but with this game im only at level 16 and im fidning myself extremeley bored. i also realize that half the game hasent been released but i feel like i would still be bored even if it was all open. does the game get any better (besides rares) or should i just quit as is?

i want to love this game but i feel like im not having fun when i play it and its just a chore.

=(

I feel the same way but I won't feel this way after more content has been added, hopefully sometime this month or else I'll be having too much fun on Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 and forget this game.

Katachi
Nov 3, 2006, 07:39 PM
It's only the second week! Unlike PSO, Sega's planning on slowly releasing content/items over a year or more. You can't have everything at once.

And yes, I took a few days off too after I got to about lvl 16. Not much to do on your own other than farming/grinding. There's still so much to save up for! New armor/weapons, expensive clothes, opening a shop, getting the mag to evolve, changing job classes, decorating a room, etc...

Hemorrhage
Nov 3, 2006, 08:16 PM
I am sorta upset with PSU as well.

I was all excited about this game, was hoping it would be like PSO with an updated engine.
I am dissapointed there is NO rares like in PSO. I feel the only reason to do missions now is to just grind for exp/cash.

I don't want to have to save up money just to make my own or buy offa other people. That's not how a game should be. I am hoping SEGA adds some good drops in soon. It just feels like theres no point in running thru an area anymore.

Other thing is that there is like only 2-3 missions to do for a given lvl span. All there is now is to do like the RELICS place or the forests on neudiaz over and over... with nothing to look foward to as drops go. I get so board.

I usually like dungeon crawling, loot running games, but PSU is not the same as others I played(especially PSO)... It gets too old fast.

I am giving it a while, but if SEGA doesn't fix it soon I don't think I am going to stay.. as sad as that is.

Deprimenthia
Nov 3, 2006, 08:43 PM
No rares? Are you a dirty Jew? There are indeed rares on this game.

I guess I just don't understand how people can prefer PSO over PSU. OH WELL. OPINIONS.

cobfab
Nov 3, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-11-03 17:43, Deprimenthia wrote:
No rares? Are you a dirty Jew? There are indeed rares on this game.

I guess I just don't understand how people can prefer PSO over PSU. OH WELL. OPINIONS.

No real rares yet.

singogreatest
Nov 3, 2006, 09:05 PM
Im feeling it tooo
I basically have been in the last week, just popping in to fead my PMachine
If I get low on supplies to feed it with I'll run like 6 missions then i'll be fine for days
the 12hr fullness needs to be adjusted though. If I feed it but don't fill it up 12hrs later it should still start over.
I can bring myself to recomend this game to friends because of low content!!
By the time the content is out My character (Coleman Sin) will be the same as 1000 other Hunters waiting for the upgrade/update
Sega picked a bad time to be patient!!!!!!!!!!!This game is about to be canceled by winter competition

SonicTMP
Nov 3, 2006, 09:14 PM
Whats missing from PSU? massive amount of content and proper progression. There is no reason we should be doing c rank dragon runs 30 times before moving to b rank dragon runs, etc. PSO had it right where you had progression. Sure you had farm one area but you had 2-3 maps to wad thru before getting to the boss.

You also leveled decently fast in PSO. In PSU here your grinding the same map with the same monsters all the time. You got what? 4 options. Relics, de regan, or the 2 bosses in neaudaiz (can't spell them off the top of my head). All of them are roughly the same level, just neaudaiz has casters and debuffers which annoys everyone.

So ya. No real content and the fact you only have a couple options instead of a real dunegon trek tends to be a turn off for alot of people. Would of been better had they linked the missions together so you did mad monsters then into the de regan mission folling into relics and booted back to the start.

Randomness
Nov 3, 2006, 09:21 PM
Well, Neudaiz has Rainbow Beast too.

singogreatest
Nov 3, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-11-03 18:14, SonicTMP wrote:
Whats missing from PSU? massive amount of content and proper progression. There is no reason we should be doing c rank dragon runs 30 times before moving to b rank dragon runs, etc. PSO had it right where you had progression. Sure you had farm one area but you had 2-3 maps to wad thru before getting to the boss.

You also leveled decently fast in PSO. In PSU here your grinding the same map with the same monsters all the time. You got what? 4 options. Relics, de regan, or the 2 bosses in neaudaiz (can't spell them off the top of my head). All of them are roughly the same level, just neaudaiz has casters and debuffers which annoys everyone.

So ya. No real content and the fact you only have a couple options instead of a real dunegon trek tends to be a turn off for alot of people. Would of been better had they linked the missions together so you did mad monsters then into the de regan mission folling into relics and booted back to the start.

My HERO
I loved that aspect.
And it was understandable.
Jungle
cave
ruins

I loved doing them in a PATH
Thatz why parties break up
once I hit return to city.I don't want to come back through

I see the potential(locked content) though
I'll hit Nuedaiz if I could go room from the spa to the Ruins to Underground to the core then complete and take another path

I want someone to see my Partner Card saying "Nuedaiz" and say he'll prob be gone all week I want to go too. Instead of seeing I'm at Nuedaz the send massage" When you finished letz do DeRagon"

HiKeRI
Nov 3, 2006, 11:15 PM
Well ya'll wanted this game on the summer, now thats released you hit the cap's and get bored for rushing in, rushing sega to update the game, if they released the game with the current content they just wanted ya'll to experience it and not lv-whore, lol if this game came out on the summer there would prob be 10-30 quits maybe even more people leaving the game because of the slow updates

VoidAbsolute
Nov 3, 2006, 11:23 PM
I got to lv 28 and after seeing the lack of content i've decided to slow down my leveling till there is an update. Also I hope not all rare weapons requiring synthing. I've failed making a rappy model so many times i want to cry...

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 3, 2006, 11:32 PM
I wonder how come we could play pso on DC for over 2 years with the same 4 levels , but we cant play psu for 2 weeks? lol. pso seemed so much better.

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 11:34 PM
The game is fine but I see one issue that kind is haunting me...

For some reason PSO's levels seemed a lot more expansive. I've played the full story through, and it definetly will help when all those areas and bosses are finally released, but I notice a very large difference between the scenery of Raffon Field missions and like, CCA. PSO felt like you were exploring vast worlds, and trekking large areas and going off the beaten path...where as PSU sort of feels like a gauntlet of room after room of enemies and more enemies, in different shaped areas with the same wallpaper. PSO was this as well, but there was something different. Not sure what it is at this point.

RadiantLegend
Nov 3, 2006, 11:38 PM
You guys need to go play pso again. You will see the difference......

So far i have no complaints

Deprimenthia
Nov 3, 2006, 11:40 PM
I find PSU to be much more expansive and authentic than PSO =/

daylight129
Nov 3, 2006, 11:46 PM
I'm speaking of the missions VS areas. The cities and lobby areas are no doubt beautiful and huge.

Valatar
Nov 4, 2006, 12:02 AM
I think I understand. PSO's levels were big with a capital B. When you went into the mines, you could expect that your next couple of hours were going to be occupied with beating up robots before you were done. PSU's levels are comparatively small when held up against the old originals. While that makes them convenient, I think they also lose something in the tradeoff. There was a real sense of accomplishment at the end of PSO's levels that isn't there yet in PSU. I just hope that the as-yet locked missions in PSU are better than the ones we see now.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 4, 2006, 12:05 AM
yeah even without S ranks, getting to a boss in PSO was so much more fun. Fighting Dark Falz Was Seriously funner then i think anything this game can come up with.

b3n
Nov 4, 2006, 12:43 AM
I think the game is great. Of course im not a noob like you guys though. Ive been pretty much leveling up, making money, evolving my pm, and trying to get good weps/armor and im not getting bored, sick, or mad at the game. Im a lvl 33 force and i can always find a great group of high leveled players to play with.

HiKeRI
Nov 4, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-11-03 20:32, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
I wonder how come we could play pso on DC for over 2 years with the same 4 levels , but we cant play psu for 2 weeks? lol. pso seemed so much better.

It's nothing out of the question, on PSO all you do is hang with your friends and have a good time, on PSU people left that to focus on leveling and gaining cool stuff instead of looking at the main frame of what the game really is..

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-11-03 21:43, b3n wrote:
I think the game is great. Of course im not a noob like you guys though. Ive been pretty much leveling up, making money, evolving my pm, and trying to get good weps/armor and im not getting bored, sick, or mad at the game. Im a lvl 33 force and i can always find a great group of high leveled players to play with.

That's good for you. Who's to say you're not more noob than anyone here? Attemptedly witty comments to yourself.

Yes, that's what I mean by PSO levels being more expansive. The thing is, if what is to be unlocked in terms of areas are the areas you go through in the story mode, then I sadly must say it doesn't really change. It's all a big line of rooms filled with monsters the whole way through.

However, the last area + Dalk Fakis are really difficult and fun.

b3n
Nov 4, 2006, 12:55 AM
Im leet lightdark, i can never be a noob. Im always going to be better at everything than everyone else.

johnnydarko1
Nov 4, 2006, 02:19 AM
At this point, there definitely is NOT enough content, guys. They need to unlock the rest of the game, or else what are we paying for?

Buddha724
Nov 4, 2006, 02:27 AM
On 2006-11-03 14:24, Rovest wrote:
I felt similar after my first week. Having Trouble Getting my level 12 Force in to parties doing Sleeping ruin cause the noobs have realized that S rank is important, and don't wanna chance a death, and then having to play by my self or at lower level areas for 10s, Even got so bad i leveld up a level 13 hunter before the next day and started playing as my force again which is curtently 20 and once more soloing by my self as a ranger.... THe game is sad at times but .... play the off line mode if you cant take the online mode right now... all i can say to answer your question.

that's a shame. i love having a force or two in my party. it keeps 'mate expenses low http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saikyn
Nov 4, 2006, 02:48 AM
I feel the same way. PSO PC pretty fucking boring to me to be honest, but I think it is because I left the game for so long. I'm so used to voice-chat, but also playing on the PC just seems shitty. I bought an Xbox 360 and PSU for that instead, I'm having tons more fun (because of the Live-Chat). Ventrilo for PC wasn't doing it for me, just need the system feel I guess. :| dono wut it is, keeping both accounts active though since i got friends on both. (only 1 friend on xbox boohoo)

perdition
Nov 4, 2006, 03:33 AM
I think that PSU is so similar to PSO that you subconciously can't take starting over again. Idk for me I came from the type of evil MMO that plotted to consume your soul, so I appreciate the game for the simple fact that I can enjoy it by myself. I will agree that something about it is different than PSO, just the feel, but Idk I like juggling mobs in the air, and stuff like that so for now I'm cool. if I ever get bored, as I did with ep I & II I have no qualms about cancelling my sh*t with sega. No qualms, but for now, meh it's cool.

Rovest
Nov 4, 2006, 03:55 AM
On 2006-11-03 23:27, Buddha724 wrote:

On 2006-11-03 14:24, Rovest wrote:

that's a shame. i love having a force or two in my party. it keeps 'mate expenses low http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well i seem to just have th worst pick of the litter till i get to the 30s maybe... Ahwell im having fun leveling up a ranger now to a higher level.