PDA

View Full Version : Is it true the Mage PM is dumb?

drmcst45
Nov 3, 2006, 05:47 PM
I've herd people say they've seen the mage PM in battle and it hardly ever cast magic. I guess it just sits there and every now and then will do resta lol they said sonic team did a poor job on it's AI

DrewSeleski
Nov 3, 2006, 05:52 PM
I've heard people say the AI improves when the battle gauge on it does but that isn't any difinitive proof. I have one and it didn't ever seem to be inactive. The main problem I've experienced is it casting fire spells when resta is needed. Particularly when fighting De Ragan. They ethier weren't paying attention or the person with the PM wasn't active in battle. NPC AI tends to not do anything if the person whoose NPC it is isn't doing anything.

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 06:41 PM
I got me a Strike(claw?) PM she doesnt sit there and watch me,she tears it up.uses PAs alot!
12 strk. 10 rng. 11 tech 0 armor,lvl 33...doesnt really hit that hard,around 50-100 depending on mission im doing,but she definately adds to the dps...im also a hunter,and with me and 3 other npcs,im doing mostly everything,hell even when in battle the npcs just sit there,my pm will actually attack before i do....

-Shimarisu-
Nov 3, 2006, 07:06 PM
OP I've noticed you post nothing but the same "Look at the ridiculously impressive shit I've done grinding in a game I don't seem to like, yet I feel unfulfilled. Secretely I probably just want attention but can't outright come out with it" junk in every post of late.

You see that thing in your sig? That's you, that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-03 16:07 ]</font>

etlitch
Nov 3, 2006, 07:58 PM
It seems like all NPCs using non-melee AIs are skilled as level "Patrick Forsberg", or with other words extremely poor. That includes forces too. Hope that something is done about it later.

Diablohead
Nov 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
A pm is good help, but if you are trying to rely on one you are a fool. Do not expect resta every time you get hit.

Mazoku
Nov 3, 2006, 08:13 PM
I'd say my 450 has the best AI I've seen out of any NPCs. It's true that sometimes she doesn't heal when I'd like her to, but she does a better job than I expected her to...definitely. I'm glad I went with the 450 over the other PMs. I'm definitely using a lot less 'mates when she's in my party.

However I am planning on carrying star atomizers from now on for the times she decides not to heal herself, not that its very often.

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 08:19 PM
Being a lvl 90 beast hunter in extra mode,i havea lvl 33 claw(420) pm,i really dont need heals...at all...lol maybe one or two per mission. =) Me and my Pm dont run alone tho,im usually with Kerran and someone i still need a PA skill for.

drmcst45
Nov 3, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-11-03 16:06, -Shimarisu- wrote:
OP I've noticed you post nothing but the same "Look at the ridiculously impressive shit I've done grinding in a game I don't seem to like, yet I feel unfulfilled. Secretely I probably just want attention but can't outright come out with it" junk in every post of late.

You see that thing in your sig? That's you, that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-03 16:07 ]</font>

can someone translate this to me? I dont post often so maybe i mis-interpreted this message but what exactly is he saying?

drmcst45
Nov 3, 2006, 08:33 PM
my only guess is that he's got the wrong man.

i don't think i've ever posted in any of his related topics before nor have i ever herd of em...

weird

-Shimarisu-
Nov 3, 2006, 08:58 PM
Maybe, coulda sworn I saw your sig in conjunction with "I'm high level but I have nothing to do" posts before.

Maybe I'm wrong. Can't believe though that there are power levellers whining already (it was the same on jp, but eh)

Anyway, in answer to your question:

Bring your NPC along. Your PM heals a lot more if you do, as it's one more party member on your side that it's programmed to notice needs healing.

I guess. But when we have Leo the PM never dies from failing to resta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-03 18:02 ]</font>