PDA

View Full Version : should I be a force?

atomisk
Nov 3, 2006, 07:25 PM
right now im playing as a hunter and I enjoy it but Im getting sick of playing in groups with 5 hunters and MAYBE a force or ranger. and while I like being a hunter I would rather be something different than everyone else, does the rediculous imbalance get better at higher levels or should I just switch now?

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
Meh,if you want to be a force,be a force...people will love ya.

chewydawg
Nov 3, 2006, 07:29 PM
be force if you wanna.... or you can be a wartecher!!!

Kent
Nov 3, 2006, 07:31 PM
Being a Force is fun - a lot better than being a Force in PSO was (pure Force, at least). Not only can you drop huge nukes on enemies with Techniques, but you can also heal people and remove status effects, and everyone will love you for it.

Oh, and just for reference, parties with items and/or rares set to "Give Finder" are the ones that don't actually want Forces in them.

DONTOSE
Nov 3, 2006, 07:33 PM
yea be a force it ill be fun

happy_cricket
Nov 3, 2006, 07:37 PM
Everyone should be a Force. Then the universe would be made of love.

rythmic
Nov 3, 2006, 07:42 PM
Be a force and pick up reverser and then go to nuediaz.

Everybody will love you then.

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 09:31 PM
WANT WHM 4 GRP PLZ

</ffxi>

But seriously, Force is pretty good. I prefer Hunter myself as I'm combat-oriented, but Force has some pretty nifty perks. Just stay away from Ranger until they un-mangle the recharge time on guns.

Ras
Nov 3, 2006, 10:09 PM
Make an alt and see if you like playing a force. The gameplay at level 1 is the same thing you're going to be doing until they unlock new spells.

AeraLure
Nov 3, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-11-03 16:31, Kent wrote:
Oh, and just for reference, parties with items and/or rares set to "Give Finder" are the ones that don't actually want Forces in them.

As a Force, those are precisely the parties I will not join - and there are many of them.

But anyway, to the OP, try it and see if you like it. Dont choose it if only to be unique. Takes a bit of investment to start getting more out of it but I personally find Forces the most fun to play.

Bibberz
Nov 3, 2006, 10:35 PM

I found this pretty funny, actually.
I tried force but switched back after about 3 runs, I had the same feeling you did. Don't think Force is my thing, but you should atleast try it out, we could use more forces!

myomer
Nov 3, 2006, 11:27 PM
Been playing force, my newman is level 11 now. AoE damage and heals are indeed fun times. Of course I don't play pick up games so ymmv.

Deprimenthia
Nov 3, 2006, 11:31 PM
I Heart being a Force. I solo more than party, though. So buffs and debuffs and the such are not important for me.