PDA

View Full Version : Wow. (not the game)

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2006, 09:11 PM
I've had it!

Everyone who's *****ing and moaning about not having new content every other day can just shut the **** up! The game's been out ONE WEEK. Not a month, but 10 days. Do you honestly think Sega wants to unlock everything in the first month?

They don't care if the 4 or 5 people who hit the cap already are bored. They didn't expect people to enshrine PSU and amalgomate it into their daily routines, which now consist of PSU and only PSU. MOST of the population is perfectly content with what's available.

"BUT WE WANT MORE MISSIONS!!" Well la dee da. Go play on Neudaiz. You know you haven't.

"BUT WE WANT MORE WEAPONS!!" What's the point? You can't use them yet anyway. For those unable to read, no class can use A Rank weapons yet.

"WELL IF THEY'D UNLOCK THE EXPERT CLASSES WE COULD USE THEM!!!!!" No you couldn't. You don't meet the job requirements yet, and you know it.

"WE WANT MOATOOB!" Fan-****ing-tastic for you. Moatoob = ass kicking for everyone below level 30. Again, go try Neudaiz.

For those who've skipped directly to the bottom of my post to quote me and make fools of yourselves, I'll repeat myself so you can at least have some kind of relevant post.

WAIT! It's been out 10 days. They've locked the content for a reason, so GO TRY NEUDAIZ AND STOP FLOODING THE FORUMS WITH *****ING AND MOANING.

*Prepares for battle*

Randomness
Nov 3, 2006, 09:25 PM
I agree, myself. I still haven't killed Onmagoug. But then, I only tried him once, with some boss-happy warp-hitting fools.

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 09:26 PM
As someone who has repeatedly gone and played on Neudaiz, I do find the only valid complaint to be missions. There are people who have blasted through to the high end already, but the grand majority isn't there, so the weapons and expert classes don't really matter yet. Missions on the other hand, are something I want. Even just basic missions. It'd break up the monotony of doing relics over and over.

Mugaaz2
Nov 3, 2006, 09:27 PM
I've played on Neudiaz, I meet the job requirements, I want more content, and I'm more than happy with my life. The unlock system Sega designed is meant solely as a marketing gimmick, any other effects it has are secondary and an afterthought. I payed $50 to play this game online, not 10% of it. I refuse to purchase further products that use this gimmick. My dollars will speak for themsleves, and ultimately are the only thing Sega will be listening too.

happy_cricket
Nov 3, 2006, 09:27 PM
lol anger boy. I wouldn't exactly say that the forums are "flooded" with whiners. Zeta, thy name is Hyperbole.

singogreatest
Nov 3, 2006, 09:28 PM
But I want it!!!!!!
Seriously. Why not realease the stuff again.........
I mean is it for longlivity or fairness to casual players.
Anyone have a link to any SEGA reps making any statements
btw Im level 32 and don't feel ANY motivation to proceed.

COME ON Dynasty Warriors 3 has more content then this
BTW if KOE did make a game like this it would own

Rider
Nov 3, 2006, 09:29 PM
This is why I'm in no rush to hit the level cap.

Also for those who want alot of content right now, go play story/extra mode. There is more there for you to play with. Also the offline content spoils you by giving you tons of meseta and exp. It's actually quite easy. So it's not really a grind to go play it, you can get to the new stuff if you put a little time into the game. Just because's it's not online doesn't mean that part of the game is terrible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-11-03 18:31 ]</font>

Hidoshi
Nov 3, 2006, 09:30 PM
And on the other end of the hyperbole we have singogreatest.

"I WANT IT MOMMYYYYY!"

Please, calm down. While I agree the content releases are a bit slow, I think this just speaks volumes about how net-addicted we are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Kinda sad when you think about it.

happy_cricket
Nov 3, 2006, 09:37 PM
Everytime I hear people complaining that they are bored already, all I hear is that they are likely working a full time job on PSU. I don't think ST was planning on people playing 5 to 10 hours a day.

Auronp
Nov 3, 2006, 09:38 PM
I dont mind it. I do wish i had it but i can wait for it. And the majority of the people stay on Parum anyway doing dragon runs. They need to change the mission rewards to get other people to neudaiz and linear line.

AlMcFly
Nov 3, 2006, 09:42 PM
Ha, I do agree that all the moaning is unnecessary. I am perfectly happy with all the current content. Oh, I am hunter lvl 10 so I meet the req. I'm all about the waiting for new content though ;P.

Tystys
Nov 3, 2006, 09:53 PM
*points at Zeta*

Dat's mah dawg, son!

Dhylec
Nov 3, 2006, 09:55 PM
Heh, not many are patient. They saw what the JP verssion has long before the US. That made them anxious to try, so they want that & want it now - undertandable.

Maybe I'm easy to be pleased, I'm fine with the current online content. Between work & play, I'm taking things at my pace; enjoying with no real rush.

Like I said before, some rushed too fast & now they are running out of things to do before the 2nd week is even over. They are bored, so the next best thing is to blame ST for being slow. Hey, why blame yourself when you can blame someone else? Silly peoeple. ;D

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2006, 09:55 PM
I wasn't really talking about Forte_______. My comment was aimed moreso at Figunner, Wartecher, and ...Whatever they called Ranger+Force, since most people have only really worked on one job, and expect ot magically be able to use all the Expert Classes the instant the update arrives.

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-11-03 18:55, Dhylec wrote:
Heh, not many are patient. They saw what the JP verssion has long before the US. That made them anxious to try, so they want that & want it now - undertandable.

Maybe I'm easy to be pleased, I'm fine with the current online content. Between work & play, I'm taking things at my pace; enjoying with no real rush.

Like I said before, some rushed too fast & now they are running out of things to do before the 2nd week is even over. They are bored, so the next best thing is to blame ST for being slow. Hey, why blame yourself when you can blame someone else? Silly peoeple. ;D

You are officially my favorite Moderator (no offense to anyone with the power to ban me).

Tystys
Nov 3, 2006, 09:59 PM
Yes, Dhylec does indeed kick ass.

But so does Ryna.

I PROPOSE A DUEL!

On Topic: Meh, I knew sooner or later there was going to be that one moron who ruined it for himself by hitting the level cap in like 2-3 days, -_-.

His/her own damn fault for doing so.

HiKeRI
Nov 3, 2006, 10:49 PM
Lol, you people that whine should not expect weekly updates, Sega is not slow actually they dont just want to do weekly updates because it'll screw everything up, but they want to do a big update maybe monthly or more than that, if your bored because ya don't have nothing to do its overall lame and retarded.

Yoruichi
Nov 3, 2006, 11:54 PM
I like the way this kid zeta thinks.

SpishackCola
Nov 4, 2006, 12:03 AM
but omz im 5/3 i wantz my xpertz clas and bee uber!!!oneoneeeeleventy!11

Trey_Winters
Nov 4, 2006, 12:18 AM
I gotta say, it's not that uncommon.

As a former player of EverQuest Online Adventures, people blew through the original in like a month, and demanded new content. An expansion came out about 9 months after the original release, they blew through that in like a week or two, and started to fall out of favour with the game as a whole.

The whole thing comes down to what type of gamer you are: casual or hardcore. If you're a hardcore gamer, who has to have the best stuff, and beat everything there is to beat as quickly as possible, then the game loses it's flavour really quickly. If the game was not set up to be a hardcore paradise, then yeah, there's going to be some fallout, and some people will move on to the next flavour of the month (pun intended...I think).

For me, I'm takin' it slow and steady. I'm banking on there being many things to do in the future, so I personally see no reason to rush anything. Just gonna make some meseta, level at my own pace with some friends, and enjoy it while it lasts...

-Klaus-
Nov 4, 2006, 12:20 AM
Zeta, I completely agree with you.

I think this is utterly rediculous, the people are like level 35+ and are complaining. Well hey, that's THIER FAULT for dedicating themselves THAT much and making themselves bored. It's been 10 days. Only 10 days. And people expect new content. The JP had to wait like what, a month or more? Jeez people, have some patience.

AeraLure
Nov 4, 2006, 12:56 AM
This is just speaking for myself, but I disagree with the OP and with a number of replies, even while at the same time agreeing with aspects of what Dhylec said regarding comparing what we have now with the JP release's current state being partly to blame.

In PSO on the DC we had in some ways very little compared to PSU. However, it wasnt really possible to get bored with it. Something to do with its character and design. There was levelling your characters through and out of Normal into Hard and beyond to start finding rares. As soon as you did that, you started to find some neat things and always had the chance, albeit small, of finding something spectacular. Kept us going, many of us anyway, all the way into v2 on the GC and beyond. There actually was the minimal storyline going through as well, from the discussion with the Principal at character creation to playing the quests online with their rather entertaining NPCs, to Dark Falz and Rico at the end. Had a style to it all its own. It was all about the hunt sure, but it had some context around it and a lot of style even though it was small when you really think about it (thought yes, its areas were much larger, more colorful and more dynamic).

None of that in PSU. Online is devoid of story save the NPCs in that little tutorial, small non-spectacular missions that seem to lack context and sort of generic looking locales. Rares we find, if we do, either are not usable yet as they have to be synthed (and arent even as exciting as a weapon we cant wield yet), or they are things we know now gone rare (Scape Dolls etc). It really looks and feels like a beta. I didnt follow the JP release to be surprised and I am underwhelmed at the moment. I do not know what is in store in future updates. Hopefully some of these things are added as time goes on. I assume so. I am content to have it unfold - I am just surprised with how little with which it starts.

Dont get me wrong. This isnt a knock on PSU or anything. I am enjoying it. I simply paint the picture above to illustrate that I do understand where anyone criticizing a bit is coming from and disgagree with the OP's way of portraying that those people are all impatient or out of line. Who knows what is in store (again, I kept myself in the dark on purpose). PSU has a great foundation to build off of as it stands - but as it stands it is also only a foundation.

NickKicken
Nov 4, 2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah I got my 5 hunter/3 ranger so I got my requirements too. I hope they put that you also need level 30 to get an expert class too

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 4, 2006, 01:25 AM
Iv'e been less grind based now that my original excitment is over, I get on doa efw runs, manage my sho, feed pm. Just preparing for the patch now I'll be glad hwne it comes, but until then Ill play nwn2 and ff12 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShadowDragon28
Nov 4, 2006, 02:14 AM
Excellent post, and ive been lurking here after my college classes have ended, I've seen all that been going on and all the whining and bitching. I aggree 100% Zeta. You rock.

I haven't even had the time yet to get my slim PS2 set-up to go online, and have yet to even play PSU online. Due to certain RL circumstances.

I am having a really fun time playing storymode, playing the free missions and trying to get a S-Rank on them. Which I'm finding quite difficult and it's great.

I just unlocked extra mode, and had fun with the character creator. See one the reasons behind me not being online in PSU is I have no urge to be rushing through the offline game or to be rushing through the online stuff.

Also:
I have a Real Life; I go to College coarses, I have RL friends to spend some time with, Class Projects to do, and other actual RESPONSIBILTIES.

When I do get online, i'll appreciate all that is available, pacing myself and having fun.
I will not be trying to race to highest level,etc etc.

Because taking a bit of time to take in the scenery and the site, and the fine hunting to me is more fun. Not trying to race in virtual Nascar race to be "leet."

I hope that when I do go online with PSU there will be people like Zeta, and other wise gamers that I can team up with. Since I'm not interested in a grindfest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-11-03 23:17 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 02:18 AM
name any other online game that has 90% of its content locked and its opened 2% every month? PSOBB does not count.

ya thats right NONE! No other company is stupid enough to lock content so you have little to nothing to do besides grind 2 maps that take 10 minutes endlessly.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 03:08 AM
Well I'm just kinda mad that Sega was like "HEY PSU IS GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVER! AND THERE WILL BE ALL THIS STUFF FOR YOU TO DO" Yea what they realy ment was " THERE IS ALL THIS STUFF TO DO, EVENTUALY......." I mean I bought the game thinking that I can do all that stuff not that the reality is I would max out in a week...

perdition
Nov 4, 2006, 03:24 AM
PSU is flawed as many other games are, it's no gaming at the highest level, it struggles in many other areas, and y'know what IMO I think PSU is cool because it is so damn easy to play 2 hrs hack slash, and log the hell out. I respect that so much, unlike other games of this sort that attempt to make youlive a game and neglect your RL. Most players who bitch and mope had some high hops in draining their life into PSU and not simply playing for fun.

If you are playing PSU to be badass, or to out do everyone else, or to max your character in a week, you should quit. If it's not fun, just quit, the moment I stop having fun, is the moment I cancel my account. There are other games of this nature that may better suit your needs, so please research those games then go try them out and maybe you will be happy.

I gotta say, it's not that uncommon.

As a former player of EverQuest Online Adventures, people blew through the original in like a month, and demanded new content. An expansion came out about 9 months after the original release, they blew through that in like a week or two, and started to fall out of favour with the game as a whole.

The whole thing comes down to what type of gamer you are: casual or hardcore. If you're a hardcore gamer, who has to have the best stuff, and beat everything there is to beat as quickly as possible, then the game loses it's flavour really quickly. If the game was not set up to be a hardcore paradise, then yeah, there's going to be some fallout, and some people will move on to the next flavour of the month (pun intended...I think).

For me, I'm takin' it slow and steady. I'm banking on there being many things to do in the future, so I personally see no reason to rush anything. Just gonna make some meseta, level at my own pace with some friends, and enjoy it while it lasts...

The above poster is absolutely correct. Play FFXI if you want hardcore, that game will never fail you in that regard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: perdition on 2006-11-04 00:28 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 03:29 AM
I'm enjoying myself. You guys have fun even thinking about updates. I don't complain, I don't whine, I don't complain about the complainers. I'm here to have some fun.