PDA

View Full Version : Since I want to be a Protranzer when they finally flip the s

Apathy
Nov 3, 2006, 09:16 PM
Since I want to be a Protranzer when they finally flip the switch and unlock the expert (hybrid) classes; I am going to HAVE to play Force for at least 5 ranks. Since I am a CAST I am wondering if any other CASTS have experimented with spellcasting and if so are there any oddities, headaches, or problems I might encounter. Additionally are there any tips you might want to impart?

Thank you for any replies I may recieve. Any wisdom, is good for the soul.

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2006, 09:19 PM
Just get a decent Head Slot unit and don't expect to do as much damage as a Newman.

Realmz
Nov 3, 2006, 09:19 PM
i did about ten sleeping warrior quests with a FOcast.

it was awesome because he didn't really need anyone to help him out should a mob opt to attack him, he'd be able to take that hit, then smack it with a diga, or handgun fire.

his damage or healing wasn't all that low from the newm forces i've seen, but he may have had an S unit in a head slot

bunnysama
Nov 3, 2006, 09:48 PM
the protraner is one of the classes that has my ears a twitching I'd love to see how it works out, if you need help Apathy and I'm on (Bushi) mail me and I'll come a running http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Apathy
Nov 3, 2006, 09:50 PM
Thankyou Bushi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I had fun partying with you last time <33

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2006, 07:48 AM
I myself am planning on being a protrnaser. So after I got Ranger to level 5 I switched to force. Since I'm not a very big fan of Magic and spells and all that other fruity stuff, I thought I'd get it over with first then do hunter. But man, I've been loving focast. I can play it like ranger but with better solo ability! Even tough my techs don't hit for as much as they should, my attack is still pretty solid and I hit them instead of missing! Also, I don't have to worry about dying in two hits like other forces, I can really jump into the maelstorm of battle and hold my own. It feels like a whole new game to me! One drawback is that when I gotta heal people my resta is pretty weaksauce and I gotta cast it like 4 times to fully heal someone. But still, I'm loving it. I was originally only planning on Protranser and Fortegunner, but now I'm starting to consider Guntecher.

SeAm-NiNjA
Nov 4, 2006, 08:10 AM
Im going to be a human protranser

BluCast20xx
Nov 4, 2006, 08:19 AM
so will I!!

(Female Human Purple Protranser)

bunnysama
Nov 4, 2006, 09:09 AM
so tempting to jump on the PROtrance band wagon, but I've been playing my toon as a twin saber swinging, pistol shooting badass since v1 and must continue that way, so figunner for me.

maybe my hummie, or newman

Merumeru
Nov 4, 2006, 09:16 AM
XD protranser is trickling my interest, but im so caught up in leveling FO spells that I might just end up going with Wartecher before even touching the Ranger class @_@ beast + low acc + ranger = headache

UltimateCarl
Nov 4, 2006, 09:54 AM
Wow, Protranser is gathering a lot of support, now...

Yeeees, yeeees... Keep it that way! Make us Guntechers to the rarity...

But seriously, I am considering a Protranser. I don't think the FOrce levels would be that bad for a Cast, honestly, but I'd try and get them out of the way sooner rather than later, as low-level enemies are much more forgiving if you're confused on how you should roll.

1337Beeb
Nov 4, 2006, 11:34 AM
You don't HAVE to use Magic.

Actually, if you don't you'll save a lot of money.