PDA

View Full Version : I dont know how I feel about Humans and Newmans.

Apathy
Nov 3, 2006, 09:39 PM
I dont know how I feel about Humans and Newmans.
My boyfriend plays a Newman and he made a comment that had me thinking. He simply put, that he envied Beats and Casts for hoving something to benchmark thier leveling at 20. To him level 20 is just that.. Level 20. He admits that in the end he will be out damaging most people once he maxes out his spells and such, but simply put, getting to level 20 for a Cast and Beast seemed much more rewarding to him.

Personally I feel kinda bummed for "you guys". I wish sega gave Every race a special abilty, even if it was small In comparison to Casts or Beasts (since techincaly Human and Newman stats are supposed to be what makes them special.), at least then 20 would be a benchmark for everyone.

In the end this was just a ramble, not that anything can be done about it now.. So yeah I figure this was a meaningless post, but I wanted to express my feelings none-the-less. We still enjoy the game regardless.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 3, 2006, 09:41 PM
You never know. Sega may implement something special for Humans and Newmans later on. Maybe lv50 or something? I know Japan doesn't even have anything like that, but hey, they still gave us the meter. Maybe Newmans could do some hand signs and summon a huge creature temporarily or something.

happy_cricket
Nov 3, 2006, 09:42 PM
I guess at the end of the day, I may not be able to turn into some filthy beast or some uber robot thngy, but at least I am still a real person.

</racist human bastard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif>

Realmz
Nov 3, 2006, 09:43 PM
if it helps at all casats need to spend almost 20k at least (from store) to use that SUV

when expert classes come along you'll be the only ones using the Crea weapons tho

Roffkaiser
Nov 3, 2006, 10:18 PM
I don't need anything to make me feel better about my choice in character. I am a human and happy about it, I don't need a reward for my choices, so to put it simply, thanks for anything S3ga sends our way but otherwise I won't be sad.

Wallin
Nov 3, 2006, 10:23 PM
We'll just have to see how much butt the Crea weapons can kick, although I guess that doesn't really help Forces that much.

And for Forces anyway, Newman and Human TP kick Cast and Beast TP into the fridge. I just wish human and newman males didn't have such dorky clothes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

StillOffline
Nov 3, 2006, 10:27 PM
and god said: "let there be four character slots"

Kent
Nov 3, 2006, 10:35 PM
I really don't think it's necessary... Assuming you're planning on being a class that involves Force.

If you think about it, the racial specialties of Beasts and Casts fit in perfectly with their starting classes: Beasts get a beast form that allows them to run in and smack enemies around really hard (which is basically what Hunters do, anyway), and Casts get a BFG they can use once in a while (Rangers, of course, specializing in using... That's right - Guns).

On the other hand, Newmen get insane amounts of TP, and can use very powerful wands and rods, very early, should the be able to obtain them, and then do crazy damage over the course of an entire mission (even without twinked equipment), whereas Beasts and (especially) Casts, just get to do it once every now and then, in one big burst.

Looking at things this way, the balance doesn't seem to be too off - odds are, if a person is smart, they'll pick the race that corresponds with the type of character they want to play. If not, well, things will just be different. Like a Cast Force, focusing in Longbows and support techniques.

Rizen
Nov 3, 2006, 10:40 PM
Well, I dont mind being a Human. I dont excel at anything, but I dont suck at anything either really. Its a nice mix for me. And the Crea(Claire) stuff really doesnt effect me unless theres a gun type Crea(Claire) weapon (TELL ME NOW!!!).
Also...how can anyone resist my stylist cut-in chats? /sneer

Shinomaru
Nov 3, 2006, 10:51 PM
they should give humans the real Phantasy star mags =P. the ones ony our shoulder and legs but instead of it being mags name it like armor units or something i dunno.

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2006, 11:20 PM
Offline, I finally found an SUV for my caseal. After debating between added bursts of damage and having 90 hp recovered every couple of seconds, I sold the SUV.

Remedy
Nov 3, 2006, 11:22 PM
What they need is a Crea Staff that allows our Ra- techs to hit more than three targets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EXclipZeD
Nov 3, 2006, 11:33 PM
I am a level 32 Newman male.. Foie Lv: 20.. Resta Lv: 17... Reverser Lv: 11... Barta Lv: 10 .. Maxed out Ice Arrow at level 10... And i already have 105 hours in the game... It took like 100 hours to get me there, but it's all easy for me now... Forces are a little harder to level but it seems worth it to me now... I just maxed out my "Force" at lvl 10 and now i can't decide what to do... just thought I'd share with you... I have another character (a Beast) that i use to blow off steam with... BTW, you can study different roles while you play as a force...

Yoruichi
Nov 3, 2006, 11:44 PM
You have such great whitty remarks and you didn't think this rant through, I know this isn't PSO but I wouldn't be shocked if Sega put in more and better newman/human only weapons. There are already some in the game, and those weapons have hidden abilities in themselves(the clair series line)

These items may extend to sex/race combos even to give even a more powerful effect or as simple as stylish effect(nei's claw, stag)

VanHalen
Nov 4, 2006, 12:27 AM
newmans and humans dont need special abilities with more power

humans have balance newmans have technique power and technique resistance

and also humans and newmans have good looks lol

Nani-chan
Nov 4, 2006, 12:37 AM
I don't really think of SuV and nanoblasts as huge overpowered things.. I kinda envy newmans though.. they do these huge 2k dmg digas while I do like 50-100ish a hit.

b3n
Nov 4, 2006, 12:53 AM
Im a newman male force. I wish we had something like the other races do. But its still OK because while they are doing 50 damage per hit im doing 500+ with my leet techniques http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif