PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PSO had more heart, and a better stoyry....

happy_cricket
Nov 4, 2006, 12:55 AM
I think it is funny how many people feel the need to post how much better the story was in PSO when they haven't done story mode in PSU at all...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: happy_cricket on 2006-11-03 21:56 ]</font>

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 12:59 AM
I have beaten the whole of story mode, and my conclusion is this.

BOTH stories are confusing and inconclusive.

Shinomaru
Nov 4, 2006, 01:01 AM
you know their doing that for a reason right making in inconclusive. next update the story continue in story missions online. thus you need to complete story mission offline to have acess to the missions continue online.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-11-03 21:59, daylight129 wrote:
I have beaten the whole of story mode, and my conclusion is this.

BOTH stories are confusing and inconclusive.

How can you beat a story,if there was no story mode?...

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 01:03 AM
On 2006-11-03 22:01, Shinomaru wrote:
you know their doing that for a reason right making in inconclusive. next update the story continue in story missions online. thus you need to complete story mission offline to have acess to the missions continue online.

Hmm,you have obviously not read anything about this game.
Offline and Online...are Completely different,for exmaple...if you log online,you download the system file,you cant play Offline with it enabled.

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 01:34 AM
I was referring to PSU's story mode, of course.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 01:35 AM
On 2006-11-03 22:34, daylight129 wrote:
I was referring to PSU's story mode, of course.

And so was i. Offline is...Story mode AND Extra mode.

Sable_Edge
Nov 4, 2006, 01:37 AM
Xeveous, what Shinomaru was saying was that Offline's story is continued in Online's story, which from what I know is true. He wasn't saying that you could do the online stuff in offline mode.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 01:38 AM
On 2006-11-03 22:37, Sable_Edge wrote:
Xeveous, what Shinomaru was saying was that Offline's story is continued in Online's story, which from what I know is true. He wasn't saying that you could do the online stuff in offline mode.

Omg....you obviously dont know anything either. I know what he was saying,and again....Offline...IS apart from Online. That is the way they made PSU,so people wont hack thier Online characters.

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 01:46 AM
xeveous, why are you talking about something that has nothing to do with what they are talking about?

yes offline and online are seperated from each other, they're not saying they are together, they're just saying that the story goes on in online mode via the story quests that sega will release

ShadowDragon28
Nov 4, 2006, 01:51 AM
Chapters 1-12 are only the like 1 season of a anime/tv series.

Was "Lost" season 1 the whole entire story? NO.

Neither is the 12 chapters(rather 12 episodes) of PSU's offline story.
There will be story based missions coming in the near future for *online*, that will be the further "Episodes" that carry on the storyline
and will further reveal things, weaving the rest of the story of the later series' "seasons" of PSU, with returning characters like Ethan and new characters like RAIA.

Just be patient, LOST never handed every detail and every fact and detail of the story in season 1 or the the whole begining-middle-and end of the whole story in season 1,
neither will PSU.

So just chill and the rest of the story will come in time.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 01:58 AM
What story? PSO's so called story could of been sumed up in a sentence. "dark falz attacked Pioneer 1 go kill dark flaz" Yea that has alot of heart. I think you need to stop reading picture books and pick up a real novel.

Saigan
Nov 4, 2006, 02:27 AM
On 2006-11-03 22:38, Xeveous wrote:

Omg....you obviously dont know anything either. I know what he was saying,and again....Offline...IS apart from Online. That is the way they made PSU,so people wont hack thier Online characters.

The story will be continued in online mode from your own character's perspective. This has been confirmed already. Stop insulting people and being rude because you feel like it. Also; everyone and their dog knows offline is seperate from online and that fact has NOTHING to do with what they were talking about.

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 02:28 AM
It wasn't that simple. A story consists of a plot, plausible backstory, climax, and resolution. Your little sentence doesn't say all of that.

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-11-03 22:38, Xeveous wrote:

Xeveous you moron, -_-.

Check the friggin news bulletins on this site and do some research before spouting your mouth off....

And yes, I agree Happy, it's a bit frustrating for me as well.

Sinue_v2
Nov 4, 2006, 02:33 AM
What story? PSO's so called story could of been sumed up in a sentence. "dark falz attacked Pioneer 1 go kill dark flaz" Yea that has alot of heart. I think you need to stop reading picture books and pick up a real novel.

PSO had quite a lot more story than just that. A LOT more. It's just all thrust into your face via 20 minuite cutscenes the way other RPGs do. Now, it's not a very GOOD story... but it does have one. Expecially if you choose to believe that Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star are connected by that storyline. They aren't - but Sonic Team was kind enough to provide us with tons of evidence to provide one should we choose. Such as Dark Falz's Pandoras box being at the bottom of a dried up lake bed. I.E. The sunken palace which was destoryed in Phantasy Star III. The graves found there are likely of Laya and Orakio Sha Rikk.. and their party.