PDA

View Full Version : Now my father is hooked...what have I done?!

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 03:44 AM
Well my dad is a gamer and he noticed that I have been playing PSO a good while everyday since release (he hasn't had the time to play becuase I'm hogging it). I'm now level 23, and my sister who played beta, didn't get her turn yet. Well I wake up after a deep sleep to find my dad playing offline and my mom watching.

So I sat down and watched. My dad likes the game, but when he wanted to go online and he made his character and played with his own character, he was thrilled. Loves the game now. Don't feel like enteracting with people, but he loves the game now. He said to me, "Now I know why you stay up so long playing this game!"

So my dad (AKA Cool Breeze) is now lvl 4 and now...looks like we are going to be trying to hog the X360 now. Not only that he has 6 Florsent Bubls (and other rares) in 2 runs (look if you don't belive me, so be it, becuase I don't beleive the **** neither) and my mouth is just wide open.

I asked him if he wants any weapons and he laughed at me and say, "no becuase you might want somthing from me". Sure I could just loot it from his character, but I'm one not to do that kind of stuff.

So now I'm thinking to myself, what in god's name have I done. We are going to be hogging the X360 now. As long as my mom don't pick up the controler I'm fine...for now...until my sister does.

Oh yeah, sorry for my spelling and grammar. A little tired tonight.

Deprimenthia
Nov 4, 2006, 03:46 AM
That's great. In a horribly awful way. If my parents were gamers... Oh god ;_;

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 03:49 AM
It's coo that my parents are gamers, but man is this really going to cut in my grinding time.

Haze2in1
Nov 4, 2006, 04:11 AM
Thats an awesome story there. You have a cool Dad. I wish my parents were a little more accepting about games, but maybe no to THAT extent.
But it is true that your grinding time will be less http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Tell him to buy his own lol

cobfab
Nov 4, 2006, 04:19 AM
Or if you have a PC, download him a copy lol.

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 04:33 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:11, Haze2in1 wrote:
Thats an awesome story there. You have a cool Dad. I wish my parents were a little more accepting about games, but maybe no to THAT extent.
But it is true that your grinding time will be less http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Tell him to buy his own lol

We went half n half on the X360 so it's kinda hard telling him that LOL

On 2006-11-04 01:19, cobfab wrote:
Or if you have a PC, download him a copy lol.

That's not necessarly easy neither. See my dad has his pc reserverd for any kind of RTS game, but everything else is mostly console. Funny thing is my dad DOSENT LIKE RPG GAMES AT ALL, but PSU is more like a Real Time or Action RPG. More like if Dynasty Warrors with RPG elements.

cobfab
Nov 4, 2006, 04:48 AM
Then I suggest you don't get Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War lol. (off-topic)

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 04:50 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:48, cobfab wrote:
Then I suggest you don't get Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War lol. (off-topic)

My dad loves FPS (SO DO I)...humm we are getting those too. Ahh Damn you. Damn...this is really going to cut into my grinding time too. I'm about to cry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:03 AM
Heres a solution,Get another 360,and another copy of PSU....boom problem solved.

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 05:13 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:03, Xeveous wrote:
Heres a solution,Get another 360,and another copy of PSU....boom problem solved.

Well...that is a lot of money out of the pocket. I know on a day I'm off from work I can get a good 7 hours in when he's working but...this just happend last night so we will see how things go.

cobfab
Nov 4, 2006, 05:14 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:03, Xeveous wrote:

You don't want to do that now that PS3 and Wii are just around the corner even though your chances are getting it at launch is super low. You can get a Wii and hope he likes getting freaky in front of the TV or fork up more money for PS3. He plays Wii/PS3, you play PSU and vice versa.

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 05:20 AM
I know we are going for either the Wii, PS3 or both.

D_S
Nov 4, 2006, 05:48 AM
I had my whole family hooked on PSO back in the DC days.We would meet up online once a week.

You know what they say.The family that games together stays together.

daniel_drago
Nov 4, 2006, 05:53 AM
well done child u foolish child i made the same mistake back on the xbox with midtown madness 3, my mum found out i had it and she loved midtown madness for the pc i would come home sometimes form school and find she's been playing it all day grrrrr

Sexy_Raine
Nov 4, 2006, 06:29 AM
My parents could never get into games, probably because there's such a big age difference.

I'll get my nephew to play games when he gets older.

Nayte
Nov 4, 2006, 08:31 AM
My parents arn't into games at all. Used to play street fighter with my dad a long time ago but i do play football games with my uncle quite a lot.

Offtopic: Daniel drago,
I live in Stafford. Small world...

Ammy
Nov 4, 2006, 08:41 AM
haha thats nice, I wish my parents played games. I am at least fortunate enough my favorite cousin likes to come over and play with me when she has time.

I played with a mother and daughter the other night running relics, that was pretty fun and an interesting conversation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I used to play genesis and NES with my dad and uncle, especially DOUBLE DRAGON and river city ransom, and sometimes I now play tiger woods with him but my mom just kinda sits and watches what i do, and shakes her head.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ammy on 2006-11-04 05:41 ]</font>

Merumeru
Nov 4, 2006, 09:12 AM
XD Make him buy his own 360 and account.

Kanore
Nov 4, 2006, 09:13 AM
My dad only plays FPS's. Lucky me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 11:12 AM
Heh. Well I'm supposed to attend the PSOW Party yet my dad is playing. After he does the boss of Guardians Colony, should be there. Now I know the addiction has passed over.

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 11:17 AM
NOOO. My dad is on guardians colony, playing +1 and he finds 2 rappys and he gets two feather drops!!!! he won't give them too me!!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 4, 2006, 11:20 AM
at first my brother didn't like the game and thought it wasn't as good as pso, but then when we got online mode, he got addicted to it and even made a separate account for each of us so that we can have 4 characters each. I'm not suprised by getting my brother into the game but if my parents got addicted to it as well, now that'll be wierd.

Zakuro
Nov 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
Both of my parents play games, but neither seem likely to start playing any of my consoles. My mom only plays flash puzzle games and my dad mainly plays the old classics or the occassional sports game (neither of which I have any of) on his PS1. I actually tried showing them PSO back in the DC days, but neither could get the hang of it, although they didn't really play games as much back then.

Shinomaru
Nov 4, 2006, 11:23 AM
All i can say my friend is... L...O...L

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
haha id never let my dad play psu.... I learned that from starcraft

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-11-04 08:45, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
haha id never let my dad play psu.... I learned that from starcraft

Heh, my dad loves Warcraft RTS but not World of Warcraft. When he sees it hes like "is this any good?" cuz it says "warcraft".

myomer
Nov 4, 2006, 11:51 AM
Bwahahaha great stuff. Gamer parent here and when my kid grows enough at an age appropriate to start playing these things the wife and I will have our third in the party! Woot!

Yeah gamer parents are great almost as good as a gamer wife/gf. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haze2in1
Nov 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
It would be interesting to see, what age group of parents play games.
Mine are over 50 and dont.
How about everyone else?

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-11-04 08:56, Haze2in1 wrote:
It would be interesting to see, what age group of parents play games.
Mine are over 50 and dont.
How about everyone else?

My dad is either 46...or 56 lol. I think 46.

Markuswaters
Nov 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-11-04 08:51, myomer wrote:
Bwahahaha great stuff. Gamer parent here and when my kid grows enough at an age appropriate to start playing these things the wife and I will have our third in the party! Woot!

Yeah gamer parents are great almost as good as a gamer wife/gf. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But the wife/gf gamer is a goal. (A rarely accomplished one at that...)

Gamer parents are a 2 edged sword...

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 04:59 PM
Meh, my mom tries DESPERATELY to play games but can't get the hand eye coordination down.

She loves Destroy all Humans XD

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 05:07 PM
Heh. Time to buy a second X360, TV, and copy of PSU.

Phaze37
Nov 4, 2006, 06:17 PM
My dad is very anti-gaming, which used to really suck back when I was young. Sometime's I'd buy games just to spite him. The only reason I bought the original Soldier of Fortune back in the day was because he read about it in the newspaper and told me never to buy it. My mom played games on occasion but these days all she can play is mahjong because of her arthritus. My sister used to play PSO for dreamcast back in the day but she only got to level 20 because she mostly just used it as a fancy chat room. The only other gamer in my family was my older brother who introduced me to videogames. We used to have amazing battles in street fighter and we were an unstoppable team in cooperative games like the contra series, but he passed away recently so I'm the only gamer left in my entire family.

g00dman12
Nov 4, 2006, 07:00 PM
Lol I wish my dad played PSO

FenixStryk
Nov 4, 2006, 07:03 PM
Eh, good things come at a price. Cool dad that plays games = lose some grinding time. IMO, I'd take the cool dad.

TwilightSea
Nov 4, 2006, 07:04 PM
You've done a beautiful thing man. Sadly my parents aren't gamers so they really don't understand my way of life. If they were I'd be so freaking happy.

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 08:00 PM
Sad to hear that Phaze37, at least you can carry it on and tell your kids that they can play...if they do their homework.

I let my dad play after the X360 party, work up to see my sister playing. My dad is cool and a very cool gamer...and it seems becuase he got about 4 Florsent bulbs, 2 rappy feathers, and other nice rares including 2 linear lines. I think he has more luck than me....

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW RAPPYS WAS IN GUARDIANS COLONY!

PALRAPPYS
Nov 4, 2006, 08:17 PM
Lucky for you to have a dad that plays video games. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif My dad won't. He just goes after anything bad in a game, and won't play it. Lucky he doesn't watch half of my games, cuz he'd think something is bad in PSU, I'm sure of that.

~And hey, it's cool that you're playing PSU on 360. I wouldn't mind doing some runs with you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haze2in1
Nov 4, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-11-04 16:03, FenixStryk wrote:
Eh, good things come at a price. Cool dad that plays games = lose some grinding time. IMO, I'd take the cool dad.

So true